Amid abortion battle, DeSantis vetoes birth-control funding – again

Yes, birth control. The whole point of this thread.

The people who make comments like "they should keep their legs closed" are just childish and are rather sexist as they never say the male should just leave his pants on.

It is a simple equation, anyone that wants less abortions should also want less pregnancies, and BC is the best way to make that happen.

These people are perfectly fine with spending 30 million to keep manatees safe but not 2 million to have less abortions. Shows where their true priorities lie
There is a backward religious tenet that underpins the rights attitude to sex and pregnancy.

The same tired arguments keep being trotted out. Its not a modern phenomena. People have always had sex and always will do.

The issue for society is how to mitigate the cost to society in the longer term. An issue with this is that the costs are not immediately obvious.

For example - how many mass shooters come from broken homes and have been brought up in poverty ?

For example - how many mass shooters come from broken homes and have been brought up in poverty ?
Leftist "logic" = "Kill all poor people and those from broken homes and we'll never have another shot fired!"

There is a backward religious tenet that underpins the rights attitude to sex and pregnancy.

The same tired arguments keep being trotted out. Its not a modern phenomena. People have always had sex and always will do.

The issue for society is how to mitigate the cost to society in the longer term. An issue with this is that the costs are not immediately obvious.

I stayed up way too late last Friday watching a long, multipart documentary on the history of the GLBT movement in America. It's still available of FX, and may be on other providers. I think it originally aired on Nat Geographic. But one point it made that interested me was chronicling the religious rights continued circling previously failed attempts on abortion, contraception, gay rights in employment .... and give the new GOP Supreme Court possibly even sodomy laws. The patriarchy can abide no challange.

I don't see really what this has to do with shootings though .... aside from the fact that trans women are raped and beaten and women, esp the poor, are raped, beaten and left pregnant. For them to have power is a direct threat to male dominated society.

I stayed up way too late last Friday watching a long, multipart documentary on the history of the GLBT movement in America. It's still available of FX, and may be on other providers. I think it originally aired on Nat Geographic. But one point it made that interested me was chronicling the religious rights continued circling previously failed attempts on abortion, contraception, gay rights in employment .... and give the new GOP Supreme Court possibly even sodomy laws. The patriarchy can abide no challange.

I don't see really what this has to do with shootings though .... aside from the fact that trans women are raped and beaten and women, esp the poor, are raped, beaten and left pregnant. For them to have power is a direct threat to male dominated society.
You're saying that violence against women is bad, right?

Sorry I omitted it. The documentary series was titled Pride. It was also interesting as to why the transgender issues are of interest to activists today.

Raymond ffs. We have established on this thread that you cant "influence" anybody into being Gay. It just oesnt work like thaat.

To suggest that it is possible is to illustrate how fucking dumb you are..Or perhaps you can tell me when you chose to be straight (or Gay) or whatever you identify as.

Did I ever say kids can be made straight or gay? What I did say is if they can learn certain acts and emulate them before they really know what they are, it could have a longer term negative effect on them mentally. The Don't Say Gay theme was another lie by the Communist party because they knew being honest had overwhelmingly strong support from most parents not only in Florida, but other states where the bill was properly and correctly explained. It was such a lie that you won't be able to find the word "gay" anywhere in the bill.

Pregnancy rates have fallen, less women are getting pregnant over all.

And you have zero evidence it had anything to do with taxpayer paid birth control. Republican states have always inched closer and closer to make it harder to get abortions in their state. Even if I thought that was true, I wouldn't cite it unless I had pretty convincing evidence I was right.

That's true. They did have sex, the lover was unprotected, and she did "the naughty" anyway....likely in much less than 30 minutes.

Pregnancy is nearly 10 months....with health risks for the mother, especially if not white but an African American who die in childbirth more than other races....plus an additional 18 years of complete poverty for mother, her other children, and newborn child as well....

Yes, she should have done the moral and right thing and not ventured in to those 30 minutes with her legs spread, nor should he have unzipped his pants.....IF they hadn't, no abortion would be even contemplated! WHA LA!

But there is no easy button!

Not when it is legal to have sex outside of marriage....in the 60's I think they called it "Free Love" or something like that....! Before that, birth control of any kind, was illegal....even for married couples, until the SC found it unconstitutional for government to interfere or dictate what happens in our personal and private lives.

It's common practice now a days, and the past half century.... All perfectly legal....

That Pandora's box has been opened, and not so easily closed....

I don't want any girl or woman to have an abortion! They have no idea how fortunate they are to be able to bear a child....it's a gift in my eyes.... as someone who tried for 20 years with the hubby, and surgies, and procedures, and a lot of money and heartache to try to get pregnant.... it's hard for me to understand giving up a pregnancy, terminating it! :(

My issue though, is any government involvement in this situation and decision of the mother and father to be....especially while the baby to be is still unformed. This is such a personal and private matter..... Government should not even know a girl is pregnant or not, especially in the early stages before quickening and showing. Each situation for each woman is different, and they should be able to determine for themselves, with their doctor or advisors of choice, or no advisors, what is best for them.... If they make a bad decision, then they individually will suffer the consequences... Psychological, physical, financial, ethical, Biblical etc. in their own personal lives.

Well, like you said, everybody is different. I read stories about women who got an abortion because it was somewhat justified (rape, huge income disruptions, major physical medical issues of a child) that were tormented the rest of their lives, and I also read stories about women who have two or three abortions a year because they don't think twice about it. It simply doesn't bother them.

With topics like this, I always go back to the words of the late Rush Limbaugh.

"When you promote irresponsibility, don't be too surprised when you end up with more irresponsible people!"

People who believe that tax money should be spent so politicians can shape society to their desire is the issue here, regardless of what lying Gator says about wanting more abortions. It's not much different than our protest of all the pork spending by the left to tear down perfectly good bridges and rebuild them because somehow, they determined the bridge was racist, funding to the arts, charging stations all across the country that few will use until they become so old and rusted they'll have to buy new ones anyway.

We are against wasteful spending, particularly spending that is nothing more than vote buying by the left anyway. This cut in birth control is in the very same category.

BTW, I'm so sorry to hear your prayer of having a child of your own was not answered. I wish it would have been.

Based on the fact that the rate of abortion per pregnancy has stayed pretty steady for the last 30 years. Less pregnancies means less abortions.

That's not evidence. That could be taking place for a number of reasons.

In fact my evidence you are wrong in this is it's happening across the entire country with or without government funded BC. That is of course outside of the lib states that want to keep their statistics hush--hush for some reason. :eusa_shhh:

_122018540_optimised-annual_abortions-nc.png

Last edited:
No, fucktard.

Her tax money, MY business.

Her personal money, her business

It's the money of anybody that pays taxes to the state. We elect representatives to spend that money to our satisfaction. Maybe you didn't hear this before, but elections have consequences. :badgrin:

And you have zero evidence it had anything to do with taxpayer paid birth control.

Never said it did

Republican states have always inched closer and closer to make it harder to get abortions in their state

This is the problem with you people that do not really care about ending abortions. Is the baby any less dead if they did it in a different state?

Never said it did

Bullshit. You've made multiple quotes stating so.

This is the problem with you people that do not really care about ending abortions. Is the baby any less dead if they did it in a different state?

It offers a deterrent to getting pregnant in the first place and perhaps people will start being more responsible on this issue of unprotected sex.

Not when it is legal to have sex outside of marriage....in the 60's I think they called it "Free Love" or something like that....! Before that, birth control of any kind, was illegal....even for married couples, until the SC found it unconstitutional for government to interfere or dictate what happens in our personal and private lives.

No B.C. of any kind was not illegal.

Nope, I said birth control lead to less abortions. Never said where it came from.

Then why are you part of this topic? You've said repeatedly by us agreeing with DeSantis about not providing free BC that we must want more abortions. So if you didn't imply that government BC keeps abortions down, WTF did you mean by those multiple statements?

No it does not.

Sure it does. Why do you think all those lowlifes gathered by Justices homes to try and threaten them not to repeal Roe? They could still get abortions in liberal states, it's just that it would be much more inconvenient.

Then why are you part of this topic? You've said repeatedly by us agreeing with DeSantis about not providing free BC that we must want more abortions. So if you didn't imply that government BC keeps abortions down, WTF did you mean by those multiple statements?

I did not imply anything. I stated that BC lowers the number of abortions, thus making it as widely available as possible is the best way to reduce abortions. You all do not want to make it as a widely available as possible because with you it is not really about abortions but about control. You are more than cool with 30 million going to manatees but not with 2 million being used to lower the number of abortions

They could still get abortions in liberal states, it's just that it would be much more inconvenient.

Again showing you do not really care about the abortions.

No B.C. of any kind was not illegal.
Really???
Ahhh, the pill?

Griswold v. Connecticut - Planned Parenthood …

• Background
  • Significance
  • Effects
  • In 1965 the Supreme Court ruled on a case concerning a Connecticut law that criminalized the use of birth control. Ruling that the states had no right to ban contraception for married couples, the landmark case of Griswold v. Connecticut established for the first time a constitutional right to privacy regarding reprodu…

Last edited:
I did not imply anything. I stated that BC lowers the number of abortions, thus making it as widely available as possible is the best way to reduce abortions. You all do not want to make it as a widely available as possible because with you it is not really about abortions but about control. You are more than cool with 30 million going to manatees but not with 2 million being used to lower the number of abortions

Are you drinking this early in the day? That's exactly what you were saying, that without taxpayer paid BC there will be more abortions.

Forum List

Back