Amid abortion battle, DeSantis vetoes birth-control funding – again

Right. Yours is so much better, isn't it? And yes, you are using threats. You are saying that unless taxpayers cough up the money for your birth control, you'll just get pregnant and need an abortion. So nayah.

Yes, I think mine is better as it leads to less abortions which I personally feel is better. You disagree, that is cool.

I am a mid fifties male, I can assure you I will not get pregnant.

you are a very confused individual.

What DeSantis has done is typical of the authoritarian right – compel conformity and silence dissent.

For conservatives it’s more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – at the expense of the right to privacy.

The reprehensible right not only denies women their reproductive autonomy, conservatives deny low income women the means by which to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

The right’s war on poor women continues.

It's more government by taking taxpayers money away from people who want to have whoopie time? That's what you consider more government? Well why don't we have even less government by buying everybody a new car every three years if that's what you consider less government? Why not a house or apartment too? That would be much much less government by your standards, wouldn't it?

It's authoritarian to have people pay for their own needs? You don't belong in this country. You belong in Cuba or some other country that provides for all your personal desires you should be getting on your own. It's a war on women to have them provide their own birth control, but not a war on women who's daughters got cheated out of a trophy or college scholarship because some weirdo in a dress decided to join the girls basketball team in school?

Yes, I think mine is better as it leads to less abortions which I personally feel is better. You disagree, that is cool.

I am a mid fifties male, I can assure you I will not get pregnant.

you are a very confused individual.

Less abortions is your opinion and nothing more. You have zero evidence to support your claim.

There is no reason whatsoever for taxpayers to pay for someone else's birth control. If it means that much the ones demanding the loudest can get together, start a Birth Control Foundation and get a charity to fund someone's sex life.

‘When Gov. Ron DeSantis slashed $3 billion from the state’s budget Thursday, one ill-fated item sounded familiar: Just as he did last year, DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control.

It was again Senate President Wilton Simpson, a Pasco County Republican, who included it in the $110 billion budget. Unlike last year, though, this veto landed amid a national reckoning on reproductive rights. It came weeks after a leaked Supreme Court opinion suggested the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, and less than a month before Florida’s new 15-week abortion ban goes into effect.

Stephanie Fraim, the president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida — which includes the organization’s Tampa Bay-area clinics — questioned the rationale for the veto.

“Funding for this sensible investment in the health of our communities enjoys rare bipartisan support,” she said in an emailed statement. “And, thanks to President Biden, the Legislature was able to pass a balanced budget with plenty of money left in reserves. To take away health care from vulnerable people is just another example of his ongoing cruelty to Floridians.”’

DeSantis is not alone among Republicans capable of such cruelty.
Good, you'll have to murder the babies yourself, you fiend.

There is no reason whatsoever for taxpayers to pay for someone else's birth control. If it means that much the ones demanding the loudest can get together, start a Birth Control Foundation and get a charity to fund someone's sex life.
That's what this murdering whore wanted...

Sandra_Fluke.jpg

Sandra Fluke.

There is a reason if you want to cut down on the number f abortions and if you want to reduce the burden on society to raise unplanned babies

There is a reason if you want to cut down on the number f abortions and if you want to reduce the burden on society to raise unplanned babies
Thieving money from the unwilling is a poor way to go about it. Set up a charity, a foundation, solicit donations. Put change boxes at check out stands in grocery stores. There are a million ways to raise funds other than picking pockets.

Another conservative who has no idea how Birth Control works.

Birth Control prevents abortions, it doesn’t cause them
I am not arguing for or against either birth control or abortions. I am merely stating that payment for services would best be by private charity that would receive voluntary donations. Not by theft of taxes. Let those who agree pony up a few bucks.

I am not arguing for or against either birth control or abortions. I am merely stating that payment for services would best be by private charity that would receive voluntary donations. Not by theft of taxes. Let those who agree pony up a few bucks.
Taxes are not theft

You elect a representative who votes on how much revenue needs to be raised

Another conservative who has no idea how Birth Control works.

Birth Control prevents abortions, it doesn’t cause them
My god you're a spewing lying pos. No one said it did. And birth control doesn't prevent abortion you lying whore it prevents pregnancy.

Forum List

Back