America's Teacher Shortage "Worse Than We Thought"

This new report by the Economic Policy Institute implies that low pay is the biggest contributor to the ongoing (and worsening) teacher shortage. But in my opinion, the comments on the article below tell the story. It's lack of respect and severe discipline problems that seem intractable.

We as a society must determine if the behavior problems in our schools ARE intractable or not. Right now, it's a non-story: the media chooses to chase after RUSSIA! and other squirrels. So classrooms go without teachers, teachers are leaving in droves, and young people are not going into education.

By the time everyone notices the problem, it will be beyond too late.

America's teacher shortage, driven by low pay, is 'worse than we thought'
Maybe if the public schools had a few less Anchor Babies, the stress on the teachers and the system wouldn't be as bad as the liberals thought? Send the diseased brats back to their home country along with their illegal family and soon most of the problems will correct themselves..

"Back to their home country"? When you say "anchor babies" you are , in your ignorance, referring to CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Their "home country" is the USA.
That is a bunch of fucking bullshit. .......

I just checked with the Supreme Court, and they say you are a frightened little assclown.
So if someone from Russia comes into the US and drops a baby that makes that baby a US citizen?
Yes it does...and there are people who come here from Russia to do just that....and from many many countries....it's an undercover industry actually.

This new report by the Economic Policy Institute implies that low pay is the biggest contributor to the ongoing (and worsening) teacher shortage. But in my opinion, the comments on the article below tell the story. It's lack of respect and severe discipline problems that seem intractable.

We as a society must determine if the behavior problems in our schools ARE intractable or not. Right now, it's a non-story: the media chooses to chase after RUSSIA! and other squirrels. So classrooms go without teachers, teachers are leaving in droves, and young people are not going into education.

Yes, exactly..... That is dead on right.

The Democraps are all mindless. They are greed driven, and money hungry people. The answer to everything with a democrap or left-winger is money.

The reality completely different. The politicization of the schools is another problem. The regulation and controls put on schools by government, is yet another.

And additionally it's the lack of discipline, lack of respect, lack of control. Students are out of control. They need to be put in their place. We need expulsion to happen routinely, until it isn't needed anymore. We need separate schools for behavior problems. We need school uniforms. We need strict rules. We need kids required to clean the trash, mop the floors, and clean the bathrooms.

We need teachers with rulers again, and are willing to use them. We need armed security.

And I would even add.... separation of girls and boys.

A failing public school sector is good news for all of us who sent our kids to private schools.
What is the biggest difference between public school and private school......choice. The private school gets to choose what children (and parents) they will accept and keep....public schools have to take anyone in their district.

Absolutely! Choice is a good thing.

Save the bullshit, dish-boy. I teach every day in the public schools. Your stupid ass dropping out long ago imparts zero credibility.
Yea you are a prime example who would never get a job i the private market.......

Wrong again, dish-boy. Quit while you're far, far behind.
If you are a public school teacher I make way more then you lol and I work 20 hours a week haha who’s the loser haha

Keep telling yourself that, dish-boy. Keep trying to fabricate self-worth based on materialism while you scrape dishes next to illegal aliens whose children will be eating at the restaurants you will still be toiling for.
Lol Latinos can’t eat here they can’t afford it.. .....

See that guy washing dishes next to you? The one you come here to boast about calling immigration on but are too chicken shit to say "boo" to in real life? When his kids grow up they will snap their fingers and you will come a-running to grovel at their feet in that same restaurant where you will still be washing dishes.

It’s time for school choice. End democrat run public education
I agree that public schools should have the choice as to what students they accept and who they keep....it should be a lot easier for public schools to force parents to participate more in their child's education if they want to continue to have their children go there. It should be a lot easier for public schools to get rid of students (and parents) who have no desire to learn or are disruptive to the education of the others. School choice. Yes.

Maybe if the public schools had a few less Anchor Babies, the stress on the teachers and the system wouldn't be as bad as the liberals thought? Send the diseased brats back to their home country along with their illegal family and soon most of the problems will correct themselves..

"Back to their home country"? When you say "anchor babies" you are , in your ignorance, referring to CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Their "home country" is the USA.

I just checked with the Supreme Court, and they say you are a frightened little assclown.
So if someone from Russia comes into the US and drops a baby that makes that baby a US citizen?

Yes. That is the way the law is written right now.(at least last I checked.)

I worked in Florida for many years and the schools were run by an elected Republican administration. I moved to Kentucky and taught for the federal government in schools run by an elected Republican administration. I then worked in the public schools and they were run by an elected Republican administration. So exactly what are you trying to say?
Good take a visit to the DOE in DC.. go talk to the principal players .. almost all left wing nut jobs..
If you know so much, why do you call it the Department of Education then?

Yea you are a prime example who would never get a job i the private market.......

Wrong again, dish-boy. Quit while you're far, far behind.
If you are a public school teacher I make way more then you lol and I work 20 hours a week haha who’s the loser haha

Keep telling yourself that, dish-boy. Keep trying to fabricate self-worth based on materialism while you scrape dishes next to illegal aliens whose children will be eating at the restaurants you will still be toiling for.
Lol Latinos can’t eat here they can’t afford it.. .....

See that guy washing dishes next to you? The one you come here to boast about calling immigration on but are too chicken shit to say "boo" to in real life? When his kids grow up they will snap their fingers and you will come a-running to grovel at their feet in that same restaurant where you will still be washing dishes.
Lol ok cool story haha

I worked in Florida for many years and the schools were run by an elected Republican administration. I moved to Kentucky and taught for the federal government in schools run by an elected Republican administration. I then worked in the public schools and they were run by an elected Republican administration. So exactly what are you trying to say?
Good take a visit to the DOE in DC.. go talk to the principal players .. almost all left wing nut jobs..
Why not

Yes, exactly..... That is dead on right.

The Democraps are all mindless. They are greed driven, and money hungry people. The answer to everything with a democrap or left-winger is money.

The reality completely different. The politicization of the schools is another problem. The regulation and controls put on schools by government, is yet another.

And additionally it's the lack of discipline, lack of respect, lack of control. Students are out of control. They need to be put in their place. We need expulsion to happen routinely, until it isn't needed anymore. We need separate schools for behavior problems. We need school uniforms. We need strict rules. We need kids required to clean the trash, mop the floors, and clean the bathrooms.

We need teachers with rulers again, and are willing to use them. We need armed security.

And I would even add.... separation of girls and boys.

So, you want Madrasa? No thanks.

Ah yes, the people in blacks robes, ....

Yes, the foremost legal scholars in the world, as opposed to some emotional little bitch on the internet. Hmmm...which has more legitimacy, the irrelevant nobody or the head of the Judicial Branch?
the irrelevant nobody
Yes you are, at least I get in contact with the White House and Congressional webpages , suggesting that they amend the 14th amendment as there aren't slaves(other than what the Democrats are using for votes) in the US anymore. Fuck yourself you asinine traitor to this country.
You think it's just the WH and Congress that amends the Constitution? :71:

Why not
:71: I stand corrected.

Because they don't listen.

I don't even think there should be a DOE. Schools should be run by the states. Let the people of that state, decide how their school system will run.

What that will do is give rise to different systems. Then we can see how different systems works, and migrate toward the system that works best. That's the problem with having the Federal government mandate how all states operate. One state or another, could have a fantastic system that would dramatically improve education. But they can't use it, because the Feds dictate how all systems work.

My wife is a retired school teacher. She sometimes does substitute and has volunteered in our granddaughter's class room. She is still connected with teachers.

She said the reason why teaching sucks nowadays isn't the pay. The pay is fine for the abbreviated work year and never being on call for the weekends.

She says it is dealing with the entitled minority scum parents. The kids are undisciplined and it is the fault of the parents that don't give a shit and thinks the world owes them something.

Teaching was fun when she started 50 years ago. Nowadays it sucks.

By the way, I hear the same from police officers. Political correctness in dealing with the minority scum has made police work untenable nowadays.
"Minority scum"....is that what she calls them to you? Hmmmm.............................I have never understood the negative reputation that the RW has gotten over minorities and women.....

Ah yes, the people in blacks robes, ....

Yes, the foremost legal scholars in the world, as opposed to some emotional little bitch on the internet. Hmmm...which has more legitimacy, the irrelevant nobody or the head of the Judicial Branch?
the irrelevant nobody
... I get in contact with the White House and Congressional webpages , ....

Wait, you go on the Internet? Holy shit! What a fucking scholar! I’m so sorry, I didn’t know I was dealing with such an expert in the law. Say, have you noticed that the 14th amendment and its interpretation remain completely unchanged since the last 5000 times you bitched about it on the Internet? I can’t imagine why the supreme court isn’t bowing to the interpretation of a great mind like yours.
Notice how the fucker has used the Rules for Radicals and now is attacking me instead of the problem of why diseased people are crossing the border, and also bringing their born and unborn children, which as the NY times has now claimed a major problem. So this bitch has decided it is better to have these people than a US citizen's baby, which is being butchered in the millions. Real nice of the twat.
I really really really really do not understand why people on the Right get this bad reputation when it comes to minorities. It IS a puzzlement.

My wife is a retired school teacher. She sometimes does substitute and has volunteered in our granddaughter's class room. She is still connected with teachers.

She said the reason why teaching sucks nowadays isn't the pay. The pay is fine for the abbreviated work year and never being on call for the weekends.

She says it is dealing with the entitled minority scum parents. The kids are undisciplined and it is the fault of the parents that don't give a shit and thinks the world owes them something.

Teaching was fun when she started 50 years ago. Nowadays it sucks.

By the way, I hear the same from police officers. Political correctness in dealing with the minority scum has made police work untenable nowadays.
"Minority scum"....is that what she calls them to you? Hmmmm.............................I have never understood the negative reputation that the RW has gotten over minorities and women.....
Lol democrats attack republicans and women .. not the other way around

It's not just minority parents anymore. White millennial parents are almost just as shitty and entitled, with their kids being just as unruly and bratty.
I have a friend who was a teacher in Silicon Valley.....what you say is very true....

The Department of Energy has nothing to do with this discussion, dumbass! This is the Education section.
Department of Education DOE retard

DOE is Department of Energy you stupid schmuck! I should know. I was a teacher for 21 years. I also served on a nuclear submarine and was nuclear weapons officer in the Navy.

The fact remains, you didn't answer the question. I asked you what you were trying to say and you failed to provide any real response, probably because you don't have one.
Because you’re a fucking moron retard ... I live in fucking Boston you dumb fuck lol obviously Chicago Detroit Baltimore Boston New York places that have issues of public education for the past 50 years run by fucking Democrats you dumb fuck
So...you are an expert on education are you? :71: How long did you last as a teacher?

The Department of Energy has nothing to do with this discussion, dumbass! This is the Education section.
Department of Education DOE retard

DOE is Department of Energy you stupid schmuck! I should know. I was a teacher for 21 years. I also served on a nuclear submarine and was nuclear weapons officer in the Navy.

The fact remains, you didn't answer the question. I asked you what you were trying to say and you failed to provide any real response, probably because you don't have one.
Because you’re a fucking moron retard ... I live in fucking Boston you dumb fuck lol obviously Chicago Detroit Baltimore Boston New York places that have issues of public education for the past 50 years run by fucking Democrats you dumb fuck
So...you are an expert on education are you? :71: How long did you last as a teacher?
I see with my eyes... just facts

It's not just minority parents anymore. White millennial parents are almost just as shitty and entitled, with their kids being just as unruly and bratty.
I have a friend who was a teacher in Silicon Valley.....what you say is very true....
Dude... You're friend... My condolences. Dealing with white parents in the suburbs of Las Vegas is bad enough... Those entitled pieces of shit in Silicon Valley? Damn.... My thoughts and prayers...

Forum List

Back