America's real plague-higher education.

For the first time in US history high school graduates and dropouts may have IQ’s that surpass those of college graduates. The theft of a major election in broad daylight has provided solid evidence that American education has done so much damage to the frontal cortexes of college students that the life expectancy of the world’s largest and freest democracy is declining. American colleges, once the realm of the best and brightest, have now become brain-damaging liberal arts indoctrination centers where four extra years of high school masquerade as higher education.

In the 1950’s only those with the greatest intelligence went to college, but as colleges proliferated in America it was quickly discovered that limiting college students to the best and brightest severely cut back on the financial base of educational institutions. This took place in tandem with federally guaranteed college lending that came about in the wake of the Sputnik scare in 1957 and colleges had to find some way to cash in on the bonanza. So, beginning in the 1960’s the Great Society got underway.

A myth was created and foisted on the American people that if seats in college classrooms were filled with minorities and females that had previously not been widely represented, people would become smarter and the world would improve due to Brainwashed wokeness proselytized into minds that were never college material to begin with. The resulting chaotic and disjointed state of affairs in the US and the emergence of a massive and mind-sapping welfare state are solid evidence that that experiment has failed miserably.

Then, in the 1980’s a great dumbing down took place at mostly liberal arts colleges to capitalize on growing factions of society that were convinced that a college credential made them more intelligent and likely to find success in the working world which has not panned out. Some smaller liberal arts colleges rolled back curriculums so that eighth-grade English was the norm in college classrooms.

The entire apparatus of higher education in America has become such a scam that any useful purpose in improving society has been lost. Instead, we find ourselves living in a bizarre world where police are defunded, white Americans are attacked as Holocaust bait, females are more miserable than ever, and opioid addictions are destroying young males from all racial and ethnic groups.

Grandparents must now raise grandchildren while higher education is booming. This is the real plague in America.

Because of the indoctrination they received in college, many of those students foolishly took part in those marches last year. When they grow up, they will realize how wrong they were to join that bogus cause.

You mean marching against police brutality? People used to march against the war in Vietnam, for women's suffrage. They also marched for civil rights.. and the Yahoos all opposed those causes as well.

Just allowing student prayers and showing respect for students of faith should be enough
Showing respect requires self respect, often confused with self esteem- our society has focused on self esteem not self respect- self respect comes from showing respect, one can't be had without the other.
Respect does seem to one of the lessons missing from the modern education system and therefore society

What I want to knnow are these children not learning about the God of Abraham at Sunday school and church where I learned?
God is everywhere

but I am not suggesting we teach Sunday School Monday through Friday in the public schools

Just allowing student prayers and showing respect for students of faith should be enough
Nobody is not allowed to pray while in school, they just can't make everyone do it like they did fifty years ago.
You are mistaken

some school systems do and others dont

I just chose the first example I saw but there are many others

A dozen students attending Heritage High School in Vancouver, Wash., located on the state’s southern border, were suspended on Friday for praying at school.

Ten in the group were suspended for ten days while two received one-day, in-school suspensions for holding a morning prayer meeting. The group has now sought out legal assistance.

Showing respect requires self respect, often confused with self esteem- our society has focused on self esteem not self respect- self respect comes from showing respect, one can't be had without the other.
Respect does seem to one of the lessons missing from the modern education system and therefore society

In private schools you had to be respectful or be expelled.

Stop trying to lay all the blame for societal changes on one aspect of society alone.
I didnt

but teachers are products of the broken education system too
And we all know there has to be a better way.

unkotare will make fun of university of Phoenix but when I went there (for free because I worked there) we learned why the founder came up with UoP. Traditional schools didn’t work for busy working adults. So he came up with meeting one day a week. The rest is online or on your own. When you meet expect to turn in a well written paper that week, to do a presentation on what you read, with PowerPoint presentation, and you have to work with other students outside of class.

Everything an employer is looking for. Can read, write, present, work in teams, etc.

We know there is a better way. I wonder how much online learning saves us in gas for the busses alone

Right wingers hate education because educated people do not vote for them.
There is a difference between educated people and people of wisdom. Shame you are neither.

618a49174f4b80746a8e4ae05976bfaf.jpg
Another fake quote attributed to Churchill
Got any fake Lincoln quotes?

I was at a business conference around 2010 and a more stable Rudy G with a good reputation used that quote in his summary. This was post 9/11 and that’s when I started checking his lying for what it was. Dude was always a fraud. Is a fraud. Hangs with frauds. Inspires frauds. Supported by frauds.

For the first time in US history high school graduates and dropouts may have IQ’s that surpass those of college graduates. The theft of a major election in broad daylight has provided solid evidence that American education has done so much damage to the frontal cortexes of college students that the life expectancy of the world’s largest and freest democracy is declining. American colleges, once the realm of the best and brightest, have now become brain-damaging liberal arts indoctrination centers where four extra years of high school masquerade as higher education.

In the 1950’s only those with the greatest intelligence went to college, but as colleges proliferated in America it was quickly discovered that limiting college students to the best and brightest severely cut back on the financial base of educational institutions. This took place in tandem with federally guaranteed college lending that came about in the wake of the Sputnik scare in 1957 and colleges had to find some way to cash in on the bonanza. So, beginning in the 1960’s the Great Society got underway.

A myth was created and foisted on the American people that if seats in college classrooms were filled with minorities and females that had previously not been widely represented, people would become smarter and the world would improve due to Brainwashed wokeness proselytized into minds that were never college material to begin with. The resulting chaotic and disjointed state of affairs in the US and the emergence of a massive and mind-sapping welfare state are solid evidence that that experiment has failed miserably.

Then, in the 1980’s a great dumbing down took place at mostly liberal arts colleges to capitalize on growing factions of society that were convinced that a college credential made them more intelligent and likely to find success in the working world which has not panned out. Some smaller liberal arts colleges rolled back curriculums so that eighth-grade English was the norm in college classrooms.

The entire apparatus of higher education in America has become such a scam that any useful purpose in improving society has been lost. Instead, we find ourselves living in a bizarre world where police are defunded, white Americans are attacked as Holocaust bait, females are more miserable than ever, and opioid addictions are destroying young males from all racial and ethnic groups.

Grandparents must now raise grandchildren while higher education is booming. This is the real plague in America.
Educated people use links for support. Like this:

”There’s no better investment return than college – not even close. Long-standing economic analyses have shown that people who earn a bachelor’s degree – on average - make considerably more money over their lifetime than those with a high school diploma. And according to researchers Michael Greenstone and Adam Looney, an investment in a college degree delivers an inflation-adjusted annual return of more than 15%, significantly larger than the historical return on stocks (7%) and bonds, gold and real estate (all below 3%). “If college were a stock, it would be the darling of Wall Street,” according to Dr. Enrico Moretti, author of “The New Geography of Jobs” and an economist at University of California – Berkeley. “

Liberals hate private schools unless they are president and have children under 18
No we just don’t want tax breaks to rich people who send their kids to private schools because that means cuts to public schools.

I attended private schools.
I know but that’s the argument for not giving more tax breaks to rich people because they all send their kids to private schools.

Liberals hate private schools unless they are president and have children under 18
No we just don’t want tax breaks to rich people who send their kids to private schools because that means cuts to public schools.

I would be ok with giving middle class people tax breaks. If you make under $150,000 a year you can write off private school. I would be willing to compromise.

But trump shouldn’t get a tax break for sending baron to private school. He hired billionaire Betsy devos to run the education department and that was number one priority for her. Get rich people more tax breaks

You reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where he said he hated anyone who had a pony and the old foreign woman said, “I had pony!”

Respect is one of those things taught (or not taught) at home.

No it doesn't.
This is just another example of the rich getting More tax breaks, which Ultimately leads to either your taxes going up, cuts to things like public schools or just add it to the already out of control debt. Which one do you choose?

If it doesn’t mean less money for public schools, whats going to offset the tax breaks you just gave away to the rich? Either put it on the debt or you and I pay a little more to make up for those tax breaks.

lets see how you answer

Forum List

Back