America's real plague-higher education.

For the first time in US history high school graduates and dropouts may have IQ’s that surpass those of college graduates. The theft of a major election in broad daylight has provided solid evidence that American education has done so much damage to the frontal cortexes of college students that the life expectancy of the world’s largest and freest democracy is declining. American colleges, once the realm of the best and brightest, have now become brain-damaging liberal arts indoctrination centers where four extra years of high school masquerade as higher education.

In the 1950’s only those with the greatest intelligence went to college, but as colleges proliferated in America it was quickly discovered that limiting college students to the best and brightest severely cut back on the financial base of educational institutions. This took place in tandem with federally guaranteed college lending that came about in the wake of the Sputnik scare in 1957 and colleges had to find some way to cash in on the bonanza. So, beginning in the 1960’s the Great Society got underway.

A myth was created and foisted on the American people that if seats in college classrooms were filled with minorities and females that had previously not been widely represented, people would become smarter and the world would improve due to Brainwashed wokeness proselytized into minds that were never college material to begin with. The resulting chaotic and disjointed state of affairs in the US and the emergence of a massive and mind-sapping welfare state are solid evidence that that experiment has failed miserably.

Then, in the 1980’s a great dumbing down took place at mostly liberal arts colleges to capitalize on growing factions of society that were convinced that a college credential made them more intelligent and likely to find success in the working world which has not panned out. Some smaller liberal arts colleges rolled back curriculums so that eighth-grade English was the norm in college classrooms.

The entire apparatus of higher education in America has become such a scam that any useful purpose in improving society has been lost. Instead, we find ourselves living in a bizarre world where police are defunded, white Americans are attacked as Holocaust bait, females are more miserable than ever, and opioid addictions are destroying young males from all racial and ethnic groups.

Grandparents must now raise grandchildren while higher education is booming. This is the real plague in America.
K-12 ain't so wonderful either

The lib educators are great at changing social norms like reducing respect for God and country.

or teaching kids that transgender is normal

ut far too many lack the skills needed to compete in a global economy
Which God shall the schools adorate?

At least 100% involved, and like I did with my kids was they were educated at home also...

It's hard for some people though, particularly poor people. They have to work a lot of hours at their job that doesn't pay much so they can keep the lights on and food in the fridge. They're tired and stressed. Educating kids requires a lot of patience and effort. Also a lot of those people don't have the best education themselves, so that makes it even harder for them to educate their children.

At least 100% involved, and like I did with my kids was they were educated at home also...

It's hard for some people though, particularly poor people. They have to work a lot of hours at their job that doesn't pay much so they can keep the lights on and food in the fridge. They're tired and stressed. Educating kids requires a lot of patience and effort. Also a lot of those people don't have the best education themselves, so that makes it even harder for them to educate their children.
I was a single parent twice and still managed to put food on the table and education in their minds.

Education, no matter what level is claimed, is merely a passing on of knowledge- if that knowledge is founded on a shifting sand then it will shift when confronted or at the least expected time- ALL knowledge evolves. A.L.L.
Only Truth is constant.

To the OT/OP it's not quite as cut and dried as your succinctness states- yes, it is government intervention which has led to education being a joke. But, those pushing that agenda had to be informed of that at some point in their education- simple English was used to write the constitution and nowhere is a Dept of Education even remotely mentioned- so, someone or many someones ignored it. It being the rules for gov't.

Passing on knowledge doesn't require a college degree. Period. It does require a desire and talent to properly pass on useful knowledge. The desire has to come from the teacher and the student. The teacher, being the alleged adult, is where the talent comes in to make the subject interesting-

One size does not fit all, therefore standardized tests are a joke- that said, of course there should be a test to see what the retention level is, but, giving answers to tests is not the best way to ensure retention-

There are many things wrong with the education "system", the most prominent being "system" - systems are only as good as the weakest link and will fail as ultimately they are designed by imperfection, i.e., humans- pretentious humans at that.

The problem(s) with Public Education are being recognized and the pendulum is swinging the other way- as it is with many things, but, yes, "education" is imperative- proper education, not funded opinion passed off as truth.
You are correct of course. I posit these observations in clear simple and direct language. That is the best way to communicate. Earnest Hemingway's iceberg theory if you will. Most readers are smart enough fill in the blanks with their own conclusions based on personal experience.

You look at a result and see what led to it. It is stating the obvious which is much more complex than one would think. I try. Sometimes with more success than others.

What I want to knnow are these children not learning about the God of Abraham at Sunday school and church where I learned?
God is everywhere

but I am not suggesting we teach Sunday School Monday through Friday in the public schools

Just allowing student prayers and showing respect for students of faith should be enough

For the first time in US history high school graduates and dropouts may have IQ’s that surpass those of college graduates. The theft of a major election in broad daylight has provided solid evidence that American education has done so much damage to the frontal cortexes of college students that the life expectancy of the world’s largest and freest democracy is declining. American colleges, once the realm of the best and brightest, have now become brain-damaging liberal arts indoctrination centers where four extra years of high school masquerade as higher education.

In the 1950’s only those with the greatest intelligence went to college, but as colleges proliferated in America it was quickly discovered that limiting college students to the best and brightest severely cut back on the financial base of educational institutions. This took place in tandem with federally guaranteed college lending that came about in the wake of the Sputnik scare in 1957 and colleges had to find some way to cash in on the bonanza. So, beginning in the 1960’s the Great Society got underway.

A myth was created and foisted on the American people that if seats in college classrooms were filled with minorities and females that had previously not been widely represented, people would become smarter and the world would improve due to Brainwashed wokeness proselytized into minds that were never college material to begin with. The resulting chaotic and disjointed state of affairs in the US and the emergence of a massive and mind-sapping welfare state are solid evidence that that experiment has failed miserably.

Then, in the 1980’s a great dumbing down took place at mostly liberal arts colleges to capitalize on growing factions of society that were convinced that a college credential made them more intelligent and likely to find success in the working world which has not panned out. Some smaller liberal arts colleges rolled back curriculums so that eighth-grade English was the norm in college classrooms.

The entire apparatus of higher education in America has become such a scam that any useful purpose in improving society has been lost. Instead, we find ourselves living in a bizarre world where police are defunded, white Americans are attacked as Holocaust bait, females are more miserable than ever, and opioid addictions are destroying young males from all racial and ethnic groups.

Grandparents must now raise grandchildren while higher education is booming. This is the real plague in America.

Because of the indoctrination they received in college, many of those students foolishly took part in those marches last year. When they grow up, they will realize how wrong they were to join that bogus cause.

Just allowing student prayers and showing respect for students of faith should be enough
Showing respect requires self respect, often confused with self esteem- our society has focused on self esteem not self respect- self respect comes from showing respect, one can't be had without the other.

What I want to knnow are these children not learning about the God of Abraham at Sunday school and church where I learned?
God is everywhere

but I am not suggesting we teach Sunday School Monday through Friday in the public schools

Nobody is not allowed to pray while in school, they just can't make everyone do it like they did fifty years ago.

Showing respect requires self respect, often confused with self esteem- our society has focused on self esteem not self respect- self respect comes from showing respect, one can't be had without the other.
Unless you have lots of dough then you can get more respect than is necessary..

Because of the indoctrination they received in college, many of those students foolishly took part in those marches last year. When they grow up, they will realize how wrong they were to join that bogus cause.
IF they grow up- the clowns in DC used to be marchers- AOC is a perfect, recent example-

Nobody is not allowed to pray while in school, they just can't make everyone do it like they did fifty years ago.
You can't make a person pray, stupid. Demanding silence to show respect is not making a person pray, stupid.

You can't make a person pray, stupid. Demanding silence to show respect is not making a person pray, stupid.
You can ostracize them for not joining in like they did where I went to school. You have no ability to respect anyone by calling people "stupid", you are a perfect example of what is wrong.

You can ostracize them for not joining in like they did where I went to school.
That's not forcing them to pray, stupid. Your personal anecdote speaks to the school you went to- I never had to pray in school and I attended a Church of Christ funded school held in the church for 4th and 5th grade, in Texas.
I don't even recall being ostracized or made to pray in the catholic kindergarten I attended- I do remember the nuns were tyrannical though-

Ostracizing is what wanna be tyrants do and it works for politics- made famous by democrats.

Toynbee is not read so much today but he should be.

Forum List

Back