America's most prominent Marxist economist

Actually FreeMason has a point PC. Between taxes, mandates and regulation employees are becoming highly expensive relative to automation. It seems likely that five or more blue states will glide into default because of Ocare and pensions and tax bases will simply be collateral damage.

He, and Dr. Wolff may have points about the economy....but the entire thread, the lecture, is designed to make the argument that capitalism is the reason for the problems.

Now....take "taxes, mandates and regulation".....none of those can be attributed to employers, to the business community.

They are the result of big government.
Marxism.

And people know it.

"In U.S., Fear of Big Government at Near-Record Level
Democrats lead increase in concerns about big government
by Elizabeth Mendes
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' concerns about the threat of big government continue to dwarf those about big business and big labor, and by an even larger margin now than in March 2009. The 64% of Americans who say big government will be the biggest threat to the country..."
In U.S., Fear of Big Government at Near-Record Level

A little later I'll add Dr. Wolff's solution......

....see what you think, Willie
Doubt it will be much different than Trotsky's observation as quoted by I believe Pareto that boiled down to reducing nominal income inequality while letting real income inequality run more or less wild worked.

Or as someone pointed out to me there is expertise involved in getting maximum welfare benefits.

Actually FreeMason has a point PC. Between taxes, mandates and regulation employees are becoming highly expensive relative to automation. It seems likely that five or more blue states will glide into default because of Ocare and pensions and tax bases will simply be collateral damage.

He, and Dr. Wolff may have points about the economy....but the entire thread, the lecture, is designed to make the argument that capitalism is the reason for the problems.

Now....take "taxes, mandates and regulation".....none of those can be attributed to employers, to the business community.

They are the result of big government.
Marxism.

And people know it.

"In U.S., Fear of Big Government at Near-Record Level
Democrats lead increase in concerns about big government
by Elizabeth Mendes
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' concerns about the threat of big government continue to dwarf those about big business and big labor, and by an even larger margin now than in March 2009. The 64% of Americans who say big government will be the biggest threat to the country..."
In U.S., Fear of Big Government at Near-Record Level

A little later I'll add Dr. Wolff's solution......

....see what you think, Willie
Doubt it will be much different than Trotsky's observation as quoted by I believe Pareto that boiled down to reducing nominal income inequality while letting real income inequality run more or less wild worked.

Or as someone pointed out to me there is expertise involved in getting maximum welfare benefits.

Wolff's solution in post #60

Suppose I accept your assertion that wages are declining for the sake of argument.

A few questions for you:

1. Do you consider our economy to be a free market?
2. What effects do regulations and taxes have on earnings?

I could pay my workers more if it were not for the fact that 20% of my operating cost comes from compliance related expenses.

Suppose I accept your assertion that wages are declining for the sake of argument.

A few questions for you:

1. Do you consider our economy to be a free market?
2. What effects do regulations and taxes have on earnings?

I could pay my workers more if it were not for the fact that 20% of my operating cost comes from compliance related expenses.

To whom are you addressing this?

Please use the quote function.

Forum List

Back