Federal Reserve Centennial

Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary - C-SPAN Video Library

Ben Bernanke and two of his Federal Reserve chair predecessors, Paul Volcker and Alan Greenspan, made remarks at an event celebrating the 100th anniversary of the central bank’s creation.

I don't know what to say.

Did they say...

"Thank you Bush... and THANK YOU OBAMA for allowing historic , malinvestments in my friends, bankers I don't know and wall-street top 1%ers of all kinds!

Thank you for allowing us to print up trillions that we didn't have to earn or back by anything tangible, hand it to the massively wealthy so they can lend it to the lemmings of the world. Thank you for allowing us to build debt so high that it can sink even America. Thank you for this ones in a thousand + years sell-out, and thank you for allowing us to do it to the the American people by way of mass corruption made legal.

And because it sounds so good I'd like to remind the small people of America that if you try and do what we do, print money, we'll fucking kill you."

Did it go like that?

Last edited:
Well, it's only a matter of time until the federal reserve is gone. What replaces it and when something similar forms in its place are the only questions. Yay, central planning. Pat yourselves on the back and try a new wealth destroying experiment. People seem to love it, so...

If the Fed-R gave out loans to any persons seeking a loan at .02% you know what would happen? The rest of the country would have a level playing field and wall street and bankers that Bush's, Ben and Obama's of this world have helped get sooo fantastically rich.. And yes, Obama has helped them FAR more than Bush ever did. We got a recession, they got the biggest boom in history.

And for an anniversary gift, the American people get a dollar that is worth two cents in 1913.

My cup runneth over. :rolleyes:
5031458036_monopoly_money_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Well, it's only a matter of time until the federal reserve is gone. What replaces it and when something similar forms in its place are the only questions. Yay, central planning. Pat yourselves on the back and try a new wealth destroying experiment. People seem to love it, so...

Gosbank, I presume?

Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary - C-SPAN Video Library

Ben Bernanke and two of his Federal Reserve chair predecessors, Paul Volcker and Alan Greenspan, made remarks at an event celebrating the 100th anniversary of the central bank’s creation.

I don't know what to say.
Why not cheer for central planning?

After all, the Fed is the political property of one of the great progressive central planner icons, Woodrow Wilson!
Wilson served his 1%, too.

"Nelson Wilmarth Aldrich (November 6, 1841 — April 16, 1915) was a prominent American politician and a leader of the Republican Party in the Senate, where he served from 1881 to 1911.

Because of his impact on national politics and central position on the pivotal Senate Finance Committee, he was referred to by the press and public alike as the 'General Manager of the Nation', dominating all tariff and monetary policies in the first decade of the 20th century.

"In a career that spanned three decades, Aldrich helped to create an extensive system of tariffs that protected American factories and farms from foreign competition, while driving the price of consumer goods artificially high.

"He was a party to the re-structuring of the American financial system through the institution of the federal income tax amendment, which he originally opposed[citation needed], and the Federal Reserve System."

Nelson W. Aldrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back