American prisoners in other countries: Obama vs Trump

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
In light of all that's going on, the MSM almost completely ignored the actions of President Trump in the release of three basketball players that were caught shoplifting in China. I'm sure just an oversight on their part. :deal:

Even though theft costs American stores and consumers millions of dollars per year--responsible for the closure of some stores, shoplifting is not considered a serious crime in the US. Not so in China. These three basketball players were facing up to ten years in a Chinese prison, and I can assure you that Chinese prisons don't have workout rooms, pool tables, football fields, or a number of other amenities that US prisons provide.

This would not be such a shocking story until you learn that the three prisoners our racist President negotiated freedom for are all black. This can't be! How can the President of Deplorables perform such an act?

While I'm sure Trump's efforts will be ignored by the Black Caucus, the NAACP, Al Sharpton to name a few, he managed to squeeze out an apology by the players to the Chinese government and show some appreciation for his work in their release:

UCLA basketball players admit to shoplifting in China, thank Trump

While it only took Trump days to work out a deal with our adversaries in China, it takes me back to the American prisoner held in Mexico for 214 days. Obama did very little to negotiate with our so-called allies. The charge to free Andrew Tahmooressi was actually led by the former Fox host Bill O'Reilly. Without him, that Sergeant that served our country may still be there today.

Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi freed from Mexican jail, returns to US

So when people talk about somebody over his head, somebody not qualified to do the job, by all means, ask which President they are talking about.

Last edited:
Obama only had international influence when he bribed foreign governments with the money I earn from my job.

Obama only had international influence when he bribed foreign governments with the money I earn from my job.

We have to give him some credit. It was really not our money, but money we withheld for many years until Obama decided to return that money to the world sponsor of terrorism. And let's not forget trading five of our top terrorist prisoners for a lowly American deserter. Wow, what a negotiator that DumBama was.

I initially gave Trump kudos for doing this, but then I got to thinking, why is it the president's job to get criminals out of serving their time in other countries? These men went to China and shoplifted not from just one store, but from 3. Had they not been UCLA basketball players, would have have bothered to "save" them?

I initially gave Trump kudos for doing this, but then I got to thinking, why is it the president's job to get criminals out of serving their time in other countries? These men went to China and shoplifted not from just one store, but from 3. Had they not been UCLA basketball players, would have have bothered to "save" them?

That's kind of one of my points. He did not have to get involved. He did so anyways which is going above and beyond the call of duty. Maybe these three stooges should have spent years in a Chinese prison to teach them a lesson. But Trump decided to intervene even though not part of his job.

That's kind of one of my points. He did not have to get involved. He did so anyways which is going above and beyond the call of duty. Maybe these three stooges should have spent years in a Chinese prison to teach them a lesson. But Trump decided to intervene even though not part of his job.

No, Trump decided to because it made for good headlines. This was made evident by his tweet shamelessly begging for a thank you from these men. If it was about above and beyond he would not have made it about himself

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In light of all that's going on, the MSM almost completely ignored the actions of President Trump in the release of three basketball players that were caught shoplifting in China. I'm sure just an oversight on their part. :deal:

Even though theft costs American stores and consumers millions of dollars per year--responsible for the closure of some stores, shoplifting is not considered a serious crime in the US. Not so in China. These three basketball players were facing up to ten years in a Chinese prison, and I can assure you that Chinese prisons don't have workout rooms, pool tables, football fields, or a number of other amenities that US prisons provide.

This would not be such a shocking story until you learn that the three prisoners our racist President negotiated freedom for are all black. This can't be! How can the President of Deplorables perform such an act?

While I'm sure Trump's efforts will be ignored by the Black Caucus, the NAACP, Al Sharpton to name a few, he managed to squeeze out an apology by the players to the Chinese government and show some appreciation for his work in their release:

While it only took Trump days to work out a deal with our adversaries in China, it takes me back to the American prisoner held in Mexico for 214 days. Obama did very little to negotiate with our so-called allies. The charge to free Andrew Tahmooressi was actually led by the former Fox host Bill O'Reilly. Without him, that Sergeant that served our country may still be there today.

So when people talk about somebody over his head, somebody not qualified to do the job, by all means, ask which President they are talking about.
All the other Americans jailed in China remain there. I guess Trump didn't think they would get him enough publicity.

You know what? Obama is gone. He's no longer a threat to you. Let it go.

All the other Americans jailed in China remain there. I guess Trump didn't think they would get him enough publicity.
Exactly! You nailed it.

Can you imagine if they were white?

Sorry snowflake, but we suffered 8 years under his failure; half of that time listening and reading about Bush. And actually I have to correct myself here, we are still hearing and reading about Bush in reference to DumBama. Don't like it much when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

You mean there are other Americans behind bars in China? Who, when? What did DumBama do to try and get them out?

No, Trump decided to because it made for good headlines. This was made evident by his tweet shamelessly begging for a thank you from these men. If it was about above and beyond he would not have made it about himself

Of course, that must have been it. Knowing the MSM wouldn't look twice at it, he only did it for himself.

If there is one thing I thank God for, it's he didn't make me a liberal. I can't imagine thinking like that my entire life.

Sorry snowflake, but we suffered 8 years under his failure; half of that time listening and reading about Bush. And actually I have to correct myself here, we are still hearing and reading about Bush in reference to DumBama. Don't like it much when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?
Well, as long as you want to bring up Obama, he is rated, by historians, as the 12th best president ever. He didn't fail, not by a long shot. :biggrin:

"Historians have ranked Barack Obama the 12th best president of all time, the highest rated since President Ronald Reagan, in a new C-SPAN survey released Friday."

"Less than a month after exiting the White House, Obama received high marks from presidential historians for his pursuit of "equal justice for all" and for his commanding "moral authority," ranking third and seventh among all former presidents in each respective category. The 44th president also cracked a top 10 ranking for his "economic management" and public persuasion."

Survey: Historians rank Obama 12th best president

Of course, that must have been it. Knowing the MSM wouldn't look twice at it, he only did it for himself.

If there is one thing I thank God for, it's he didn't make me a liberal. I can't imagine thinking like that my entire life.

Don’t tell me you are another one of the fucking idiots that think anyone not kissing Trump’s fat ass is a liberal. How boring.

Another thing god didn’t make you, intelligent.

Man, y’all have so much hate for Trump you can’t even say anything good about him.
Is he still considered racist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back