American Heroine,...Unsung

So for all the work the USSR put into overthrowing our government the USSR is now gone and the US has survived. I would have to say the USSR spies were as incompetent as Senator McCarthy, well maybe a close race anyway. Still, I don't think any USSR spy waved a paper in the Kremlin saying "I have in my hand...." The sad thing about McCarthy is that the episode was almost funny but not quite, more pathetic perhaps.
Incorrect Poindexter

Soviet spies adroitly infiltrated the U.S. government and the Manhattan Project which led to their stealing the secrets of how to build an atomic bomb. .. :cool:

First they try to deny the huge penetration by Stalin...

....next they try to minimize the effect.

So for all the work the USSR put into overthrowing our government the USSR is now gone and the US has survived. I would have to say the USSR spies were as incompetent as Senator McCarthy, well maybe a close race anyway. Still, I don't think any USSR spy waved a paper in the Kremlin saying "I have in my hand...." The sad thing about McCarthy is that the episode was almost funny but not quite, more pathetic perhaps.
Incorrect Poindexter

Soviet spies adroitly infiltrated the U.S. government and the Manhattan Project which led to their stealing the secrets of how to build an atomic bomb. .. :cool:

And others try to maximize the effect.

Did Americans, including the scientists, believe no one else could build the bomb but Americans? Were any other nations working or gave up working for some reason on the bomb? Why didn't Germany or Japan try to build the bomb?

Incorrect Poindexter

And others try to maximize the effect.

Did Americans, including the scientists, believe no one else could build the bomb but Americans? Were any other nations working or gave up working for some reason on the bomb? Why didn't Germany or Japan try to build the bomb?

There were scientists who believed that it was 'unfair' for the United States to be the only nation with the bomb.

Those scientists were the kind of moral relativists who felt that one nation was the same as another.

This type of postmodernist thinking is prevalent in many who have been infected by the public school system.

Had these traitors not given the bomb to the USSR, 50 thousand Americans would not have been casualties of the Korean War.

1. And the result, a disaster for America. On April 5, 1951, Judge Irving R. Kaufman sentenced the Rosenbergs to death for theft of atomic secrets, and, resulted in "the communist aggression in Korea, with the resultant casualties exceeding 50,000 and who knows but that millions more of innocent people may pay the price of your treason." Judge Kaufman's Sentencing Statement in the Rosenberg Case

2. It is clear today, based on archival evidence, unearthed by researchers in Russia and released in the United States, that Kaufman was correct. "Absent an atomic bomb, Stalin would not have released Pyongyang's army to conquer the entire Korean peninsula. Confident that his possession of atomic weapons neutralized America's strategic advantage, Stalin was emboldened to unleash war in Korea in 1950." Haynes, Klehr, and
Vassiliev, "Spies: The Rise and Fall of the KGB in America," p. 143, 545. And Romerstein and Breindel,"The Venona Secrets," p. xv, 253.

a. It is important to connect the treachery with the impact of that treachery: the theft of the nuclear technology with 36,940 Americans killed, 91,134 wounded, and 8,176 still missing, and this does not include at least two million civilian lives claimed on both sides. Bruce Cumings, "The Korean War: A History.'
Included were 1.3 million South Korean casualties, including 400,000 dead. North Korea, 2 million casualties, and 900,000 Chinese soldiers killed.

So sorry you fail to understand this.

Building the bomb was the easy part once the Soviets knew how.

But only the U.S had the technology, infrastructure, and massive amount of research money to undertake such a monumental project. .. :cool:

You have always been...and remain....as stupid as asphalt.

On the bright side, you could serve as the poster child for the school system.

What, you moron, do you suppose you are proving by providing a video of the hearing??

Answer that, if you dare.....and watch me rip you a new one.

PC, you better be careful. Someone could accuse you of being a racist for using the word "asphalt"

Building the bomb was the easy part once the Soviets knew how.

But only the U.S had the technology, infrastructure, and massive amount of research money to undertake such a monumental project. .. :cool:

And....

....FDR and Harry Hopkins saw to it that material to build the bomb was sent to the USSR via Lend-Lease.

That's right: not just the instructions- the material as well!!!

What, you moron, do you suppose you are proving by providing a video of the hearing??

PC, you better be careful. Someone could accuse you of being a racist for using the word "asphalt"

What about the white line???

What about the white line???

it refers to cocaine

that's racist too ;)

REGENT

That has to one of the silliest posts ever written on the subject. Since the USSR is gone NOW, their spies must have been incompetent. That is most illogical.

The spies were most effective since they were traitorous leftist Americans who occupied high level positions in Stalin's Stooge's administration...and since you are not up on the subject, Stalin's Stooge was FDR....and Truman was no better. Both these foolish naive men occupied the WH, while completely surrounded by Stalin's spies and they ignored repeated warnings by many. Those spies provided enormous benefits to the USSR. For starters, they helped the USSR destroy German, enslave half of Europe, and make histories most heinous regime and ideology a superpower leading to decades of suffering for millions of people...and you say they were incompetent. Too funny...

So, in conclusion, those spies that the great Joe McCarthy warned about, did enormous damage leading to terrible and deadly consequences that many leftists even today chose to ignore and diminish.

But hey...do not despair. We now have a government that resembles the old USSR more every day.

Last edited:
The A bomb began in Berlin in 1938, based on a 1934 experiment by an Italian, Enrico Fermi. By this time most of world scientists believed an A bomb was possible. In 1939 with the use of a letter by Einstein FDR was convinced an A bomb could be built and so he authorized more work on developing the bomb and the eventually building.
My point is that the A bomb was never a total secret from the world, but it did require money and time to develop and FDR began early. A real question at the time was which nations were building the bomb and in what stage were those nations?
Surely there were many secrets associated with the bomb, maybe even some formulas, but not that the bomb could not be built.
Not all the scientists that worked on the bomb believed it should be used on people and that brought up some disagreements. Discussions on whether Russia should be informed of the bomb also had some disagreements. But one thing was certain, the USSR after August 1945 knew of the bomb, and could and would build the bomb. How many nations today have the bomb?

The A bomb began in Berlin in 1938, based on a 1934 experiment by an Italian, Enrico Fermi. By this time most of world scientists believed an A bomb was possible. In 1939 with the use of a letter by Einstein FDR was convinced an A bomb could be built and so he authorized more work on developing the bomb and the eventually building.
My point is that the A bomb was never a total secret from the world, but it did require money and time to develop and FDR began early. A real question at the time was which nations were building the bomb and in what stage were those nations?
Surely there were many secrets associated with the bomb, maybe even some formulas, but not that the bomb could not be built.
Not all the scientists that worked on the bomb believed it should be used on people and that brought up some disagreements. Discussions on whether Russia should be informed of the bomb also had some disagreements. But one thing was certain, the USSR after August 1945 knew of the bomb, and could and would build the bomb. How many nations today have the bomb?

So, is it your opinion that the USSR would have obtained the a-bomb on their own, sooner or later? As such, do you conclude from this that Stalin's spies (really treasonous American leftists who should have been tried and executed for their crimes) did little to assist the Soviets during and after WWII?

Aha!

Resort to the old 'they would have gotten it anyway' fallacy.

So, is it your opinion that the USSR would have obtained the a-bomb on their own, sooner or later? As such, do you conclude from this that Stalin's spies (really treasonous American leftists who should have been tried and executed for their crimes) did little to assist the Soviets during and after WWII?

As evil as the Stalin USSR was...as evil as his spies in the Roosevelt administration were...

...they could not have done the damage that they did without the apologists like reggie.

From Kengor's book "Dupes:"

The progressive left, and the liberal left, while not themselves communists, share many of the same sympathies, such of redistribution of wealth, and worker’s rights, nationalizations of industry, etc, but are not quite as far left as the communists, and would not go to the same lengths as the communists to achieve their goals.

This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. Even at their peak, in the ‘30’s, the Communist Party of the United States never had more than 100 thousand members: so deception of the ‘dupes’ was critical.

As evil as the Stalin USSR was...as evil as his spies in the Roosevelt administration were...

...they could not have done the damage that they did without the apologists like reggie.

From Kengor's book "Dupes:"

The progressive left, and the liberal left, while not themselves communists, share many of the same sympathies, such of redistribution of wealth, and worker’s rights, nationalizations of industry, etc, but are not quite as far left as the communists, and would not go to the same lengths as the communists to achieve their goals.

This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. Even at their peak, in the ‘30’s, the Communist Party of the United States never had more than 100 thousand members: so deception of the ‘dupes’ was critical.

Agreed. The dupes did much damage and that damage continues today. The left continues to lie about the many spies who did Stalin's bidding. Hollywood condemns McCarthy and the so-called Red Scare, ignoring the facts. What a bunch of fools.

Sadly, most Americans do not know the names of those traitorous American leftist spies and what they did. But, they do "know" that Joe McCarthy was a fool and an evil man. Even today we could probably find Americans who believe Alger Hiss was NOT a Soviet spy and the Rosenbergs were unjustly executed.

It only takes a few radicals to change a nation forever, when you have a nation full of people incapable of reason and logic. We are seeing it happen again today.

Last edited:
And thank you for your post on Elizabeth Bentley. She was a true heroine, that few Americans know of.

What are the chances Hollywood will do a movie about her? But, they will do a movie about the most disgusting women in American history...BJ Bubba's wife.

Aha!

Are you suggesting that only Americans could have built the bomb? If that's true then historians are correct in naming FDR America's best president, for it was FDR that had the foresight to authorize the building of the bomb? I think I know your next argument: FDR built the bomb so the USSR spies could get it.

Aha!

Are you suggesting that only Americans could have built the bomb? If that's true then historians are correct in naming FDR America's best president, for it was FDR that had the foresight to authorize the building of the bomb? I think I know your next argument: FDR built the bomb so the USSR spies could get it.

Are you ignoring the post linking the calumny of the Leftist spies to the deaths of so many in the Korean War?

Must mean that you stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

Aha!

Why are you focusing solely on the a-bomb and ignoring the numerous other aspects associated with American commie spies? Is this some kind of silly debating tactic? If so, you have failed miserably.

No one disputes that the Soviets would have built an a-bomb on their own....sooner or later. So, why the strawman argument?

I am assuming that America had spies in the USSR, and in England, and many places in the world during WWII, and I also assume that we still have spies or agents spread around the world and even in the United States itself. Seems I read about conservatives being upset because of some monitoring in the US.
I also assume that the USSR had spies and agents in most European nations during its time and today Russia continues the practice.
Because there aren't a lot of books exposing the American or British espionage system does not mean we were not engaged. It is the books exposing the USSR's spy system that are selling and that largely because of the American political system. Spying is a world wide occupation and most nations are engaged.

I am assuming that America had spies in the USSR, and in England, and many places in the world during WWII, and I also assume that we still have spies or agents spread around the world and even in the United States itself. Seems I read about conservatives being upset because of some monitoring in the US.
I also assume that the USSR had spies and agents in most European nations during its time and today Russia continues the practice.
Because there aren't a lot of books exposing the American or British espionage system does not mean we were not engaged. It is the books exposing the USSR's spy system that are selling and that largely because of the American political system. Spying is a world wide occupation and most nations are engaged.

Again you raise a strawman argument. No one here is claiming America does not spy on other nations TODAY. We are debating Soviet spying before, during, and just after WWII.

You will find, if you do your research, that America did little to no spying on the Soviets before and during WWII. Stalin's Stooge was warned about Soviet spying repeatedly and purposely chose to ignore those warnings. In fact, at the Tehran Conference he famously said to aides that he did not care if Uncle Joe was listening in on his private conversations. The guy was an amazing dupe and a diseased weakened dope...

Forum List

Back