American Food Section Found in Supermarket in Ireland

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Lol at putting Lucky Charms on the top shelf and charging movie theater prices on the food. Where's the hot dogs, hamburgers, fried chicken, steaks, french fries, ice cream sundaes, and the like. One has to stop to consider what is American food as we're a melting pot and have a lot of international foods.

What else should be in there? Starbucks coffee? Frozen foods?

8qdliq43m9981.jpg

when my son lived in England for 2 years he said that these folks could not get all those cereals and they wanted them....

I remember visiting Fauchon in Paris a number of years ago. They had a little section for American items, which consisted mostly of ketchup, mustard and Aunt Jemima syrup.

So?

When in England I'm able to buy an AMERICAN made cereal that's no longer available in AMERICA and at a price lower than it sold for when it was available.

Here in America the local supermarket has a limited variety of British foods but at those Movie Theater Concession Stand prices. Cheaper to order online from outfits like British Corner Store.

when my son lived in England for 2 years he said that these folks could not get all those cereals and they wanted them....
That's hard to believe since there's practically a whole aisle of them in most supermarkets.

That's quite the coup, for tiny Slap Ya Mama (bottom, 4 to the right of the A1 sauce) to get into international grocery stores.

That's hard to believe since there's practically a whole aisle of them in most supermarkets.
we sent them a few boxes of them over to them 2-3 times .....these were the ones they could not get but they wanted them....the little variety packs were a favorite....

I don't even remember the last time that I saw Bazooka gum. I'm happy to know that it is still out there. I used to get the stuff when I was a kid. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I have no memory of ever once eating Lucky Charms. I am glad that they get Cinnamon Toast Crunch over there. That stuff is good. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back