Zone1 American after living abroad

Probably because they haven't.

Health spending as a percentage of GDP
17.4%​
17.2%​
Per capita health spending as a share of per capita personal income
20.9%​
20.3%​
Real per enrollee spending on employer-based insurance (relative to 2010)
100.0​
102.3​
Real per enrollee spending on Medicare (relative to 2010)
100.0​
101.0​

The Obamacare era is most remarkable precisely because relative health care costs haven't grown in a decade-plus, which is incredibly unusual.

where did you get your data?

where did you get your data?

It’s virtually all the official NHE data (or current 2023 projections, since the data lags about two years): National Health Expenditure Data | CMS (adjustments of nominal per enrollee spending numbers to real 2010 dollars needs to be done manually, unfortunately). The current NHE-as-a-percentage-of-GDP figure is from last month’s Altarum Health Sector Indicators briefs: October 2023 Health Sector Economic Indicators Briefs.

I find something stemming from your poor education system the worst concern of all.
We have a two tier education system in the US.

A piss poor public education system for the poor and a really good system for those who value education.

Desegregation destroyed education in the US. Now the idea is to get the ghetto trash through the system regardless if they learn anything or not. It is common for students to receive a High School diploma and be functionally illiterate. That drove many Americans to private schools or home schooling.

In some districts they have come up with Charter and Magnet public schools to provide a quality education for those that really want to learn.

If you want to learn you can get a really good education in the US. If not then you can get a paper saying you passed grades but it will be worthless.

Probably because they haven't.

Health spending as a percentage of GDP
17.4%​
17.2%​
Per capita health spending as a share of per capita personal income
20.9%​
20.3%​
Real per enrollee spending on employer-based insurance (relative to 2010)
100.0​
102.3​
Real per enrollee spending on Medicare (relative to 2010)
100.0​
101.0​

The Obamacare era is most remarkable precisely because relative health care costs haven't grown in a decade-plus, which is incredibly unusual.
Yeah because that does not including the cost of health insurance.
Cost of health insurance has risen 58% since Obamacare
\

Are you drunk tonight?
Figures your that naive.
Considering you admit you do nothing to help anyone in need, it’s expected.

Living abroad only makes a real American appreciate America all the more.

just like working 80 hours a week and ignoring your family so you can work more makes you a real man!

200w.gif

Yeah because that does not including the cost of health insurance.
Cost of health insurance has risen 58% since Obamacare
\
It includes everything, it's all health care costs. Anyway, per capita personal income is up ~70% since the ACA passed, so if your figure is correct then premiums have fallen as a share of household budgets (in reality they seem to on average be about the same share today as they were in 2010).

That is a number that is sure to go up.

It is growing at a pretty steady rate. Depending upon your mindset there is very little downside to doing so.

Talking to people in a few different countries they all say you lose some of the conveniences we have come to take for granted (like having 60,000 different items in the grocery store, you might have to settle for only 30,000). There are more of course. But most are just simple things that are not really a big deal as I have lived abroad before and understand them

It is not for everyone, I get that. My brother thinks I am crazy, he has like 12 acres of land and would be happy and content to never leave it again I think, he only leaves it when work requires or he needs to do some shopping. He can go weeks without leaving his land. To him it is heaven, it sounds like purgatory to me.

I have an innate wanderlust, I have lived where I am now for 14 years, which is twice as long as I have ever lived in one area and it is driving me bonkers. But we will hold off 5.5 more years as are jobs are too good to walk away from till we retire.

Then I plan to be a vagabond of sorts with no "home base". right now we are planning to move to Panama and we will live in Panama City for the first year or two as we get the lay of the land, then then plan is to move to the mountains there for a few year and then maybe down to the beach. Who knows, then we might find a new country.

We plan to have no pets, few personal belongs and have the freedom to just to go wherever and whenever we feel like it.

He makes a lot of good points, many of which I've noticed and made myself. I've traveled abroad my whole life, having an immigrant mother, so I was far more aware of a lot of these things at an earlier age, but as I've traveled to more places over the years I've also gained more insight. I'm glad he hit our education system and our food quality. Those are things I've been hammering on for years.

There are some things I like better about the US and some things I like better about other nations. Overall, I'm glad to have been born here than most other places in the world, but Americans definitely need to be more opened minded to the idea that there can be a better way of doing things without getting all butthurt and offended.
Been to America many times. The best part I liked, the driving about going with the flow. Liked the large supermarkets and flea markets.

Same with the UK, many things could be improved up to US standards, up to Finland standards etc.. But people do need to get out and about around the planet to see the differences. But because we're conditioned where we were born and grew up, trying to emigrate is not for all. I know a couple that went to Australia, but returned several years later, preferring the UK over the Aussies.

I've been to many countries, the one I liked the most was Tunisia. But on balance, Gran Canaria for me if I did move.

Been to America many times. The best part I liked, the driving about going with the flow. Liked the large supermarkets and flea markets.

Same with the UK, many things could be improved up to US standards, up to Finland standards etc.. But people do need to get out and about around the planet to see the differences. But because we're conditioned where we were born and grew up, trying to emigrate is not for all. I know a couple that went to Australia, but returned several years later, preferring the UK over the Aussies.

I've been to many countries, the one I liked the most was Tunisia. But on balance, Gran Canaria for me if I did move.

There are so many amazing countries out there that have so much new and different things to offer. The US is a fine place, but so are so many other places.

Singapore is great.

It is nice a nice place to visit for a few days, but no longer than that.

I am not good at being PC and would say the wrong thing and get in trouble. I prefer a country where one does not get jailed/caned for saying something negative about the government

It is nice a nice place to visit for a few days, but no longer than that.

I am not good at being PC and would say the wrong thing and get in trouble. I prefer a country where one does not get jailed/caned for saying something negative about the government
It is a place for more moral people than you. There are no major drug problems or mass demonstrations.

It is a place for more moral people than you. There are no major drug problems or mass demonstrations.

Is forced morality really morality?

But in the end, I guess I just enjoy freedom more than you.

To each their own.

Forum List

Back