Zone1 American after living abroad

You do realize the guy in the video moved to China.

Well, you would have done if you watched it.
Soooooooo, he thinks China is free? Is this correct? With all of their well known slave labor issues.

Let me guess, China ranks higher than the US on the freedom indices too...

First I said...
That bit about "everyone immigrates to America" is correct if we're comparing number of foreigners in the U.S. to the number of Americans overseas. However, reality is that the overwhelming majority of humans in the world choose NOT to live in America.
--then you said:
World is a tad larger than the US.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Number of Foreign-Born Residents (Immigrants) - United Nations 2020:​

1. United States — 50.6 million
  2. Germany — 15.8 million
  3. Saudi Arabia — 13.5 million
  4. Russia — 11.6 million
  5. United Kingdom — 9.4 million
  6. United Arab Emirates — 8.7 million
  7. France — 8.5 million
  8. Canada — 8.0 million
  9. Australia — 7.7 million
  10. Spain — 6.8 million
So let's fit this together.

My post said that most people in world don't want to live in the U.S. The number of people in the world is 7,880 million (from here). You posted the idea that about 51million have moved to the U.S. Let's agree that 0.006% of the world has moved to the U.S. with 99.4% of the world staying home, So what I said about most of the world staying home was right.

We good now?

First I said...

--then you said:

So let's fit this together.

My post said that most people in world don't want to live in the U.S. The number of people in the world is 7,880 million (from here). You posted the idea that about 51million have moved to the U.S. Let's agree that 0.006% of the world has moved to the U.S. with 99.4% of the world staying home, So what I said about most of the world staying home was right.

We good now?
Desire can be measured on those actually moving.

Desire can be measured on those actually moving.

Yes, those with a shit life have the desire to come here with hopes of making it better. Those doing well have no reason to come here at all.

Another thing to consider is the growing number of Americans choosing to become Ex-pats and leaving America behind. The number doing so has doubled since the turn of the century.

Well, kinda had to work out which part of the forum to start this thread.

Basically, the American in this video has been living abroad for 12 years and he covers such areas as Health, Education, Guns, Freedom and so on. Actually, quite a few areas of the "US Discussion" part of the forum.

Not only I found what he had to say interesting, but also the comments. And as I read the comments, I can relate to how these match the posters comments on USMB who are from outside of America.

He makes a lot of good points, many of which I've noticed and made myself. I've traveled abroad my whole life, having an immigrant mother, so I was far more aware of a lot of these things at an earlier age, but as I've traveled to more places over the years I've also gained more insight. I'm glad he hit our education system and our food quality. Those are things I've been hammering on for years.

There are some things I like better about the US and some things I like better about other nations. Overall, I'm glad to have been born here than most other places in the world, but Americans definitely need to be more opened minded to the idea that there can be a better way of doing things without getting all butthurt and offended.

I have vacationed abroad and Saudi Arabia and Singapore are two of my favorites.

Singapore has one of the highest qualities of living in the world, but the government is very authoritarian. You have no free speech rights.
I never had a problem and the citizens love their government unlike many United States citizens. Crime is very low there.

I never had a problem and the citizens love their government unlike many United States citizens. Crime is very low there.

Crime is very low there because they have very harsh punishments for breaking the law. I'm not arguing that's a good or bad thing. As far as loving their government, they're not allowed to express otherwise.

Crime is very low there because they have very harsh punishments for breaking the law. I'm not arguing that's a good or bad thing. As far as loving their government, they're not allowed to express otherwise.
The people there appreciate the lack of crime and support harsh punishment for law breakers. They seem very happy with their government.

The people there appreciate the lack of crime and support harsh punishment for law breakers. They seem very happy with their government.

When you can be jailed for criticizing your government, everyone seems happy with it on the surface!

Would you support brining their style of laws to the US?

So, you are willing to give up the freedom of speech for a bit less crime.

That say all anyone needs to know about you.
What it says about me is that I obey the law. Crime there is almost non existent and not just a bit less like you imply.

I watched the first three segments.
The video is worthless.
Why?
1) He consistently goes to data based charts where the data is complete junk. The data in those global studies use data they receive from those governments, governments who are widely known to skew data.
2) He doesn't say where he has lived, living. At least not in the first 3 segments. Probably because he doesn't want anyone to compare costs that he says is higher in the U.S. "The United States has the highest healthcare costs".... well... while I agree it is egregiously too high, he makes no reference to the much higher taxation in other countries that subsidized healthcare.

Nor does he mention how DRAMATICALLY healthcare cost have risen in the United States as a direct result of Obamacare. In those other countries everyone pays into the taxation system. But in America, thanks to Democrats, only 45% of the population pays federal taxes.... and the bottom 35% actually get money paid to THEM from the IRS. Then you add these people who pay nothing into the healthcare system. And the result of that is dramatically lower access to doctors, and dramatically higher healthcare overall.

Yes, those with a shit life have the desire to come here with hopes of making it better. Those doing well have no reason to come here at all.

Another thing to consider is the growing number of Americans choosing to become Ex-pats and leaving America behind. The number doing so has doubled since the turn of the century.
Since 90% of the world is worse off than the average American, that means 90% would want to live here according to you.

Thanks for stepping in.

Nor does he mention how DRAMATICALLY healthcare cost have risen in the United States as a direct result of Obamacare.

Probably because they haven't.

Health spending as a percentage of GDP
17.4%​
17.2%​
Per capita health spending as a share of per capita personal income
20.9%​
20.3%​
Real per enrollee spending on employer-based insurance (relative to 2010)
100.0​
102.3​
Real per enrollee spending on Medicare (relative to 2010)
100.0​
101.0​

The Obamacare era is most remarkable precisely because relative health care costs haven't grown in a decade-plus, which is incredibly unusual.

Since 90% of the world is worse off than the average American, that means 90% would want to live here according to you.

Thanks for stepping in.

Nope, for two reasons, first off that is a bulltshit figure that could in no way be supported.

And 2nd, I did not say people came here the were "worse off than the average American" I said those with a shit life.

Forum List

Back