America you royally fucked up

With Trump we just dont know yet.
With the democrats we have seen their total lack of compassion for the last 50 years.
If you think the democrats have done anything to bring people out of poverty, you are the one that might need to check his ability to reason.
Incomes went up under Obama. Poverty skyrocketed under Reagan. You people are too immature to acknowledge that fact.
the number of people living in poverty has gone up under obama, the real impact of that is somewhat difficult to measure since the number of citizens has also increased, the number on welfare has gone up substantially under obama. The number of Americans living in poverty is higher under obama than any previous presidents. ( not counting the great depression)
In most cases of income going up, the increase did not match the rate of inflation, so while income might have improved, buying power was still reduced.
and let me interject my first post on this, neither party has done anything to reduce poverty for many years now. This is why I chose Trump, he is not really a republican, or a democrat. Trump is the closest thing we could get that could be considered third party.
Lets see how he does, He has 4 years to start turning things around, if he fails that? someone else can have a try in 2020. We dont have 8 years to play, under president Bush and then 8 years of failure from obama, this country is very close to a total collapse.
Poverty has gone up under Obama because he inherited the worse recession since the Great Depression. It started 4 months before he was inaugurated. He tried to alleviate this by raising the minimum wage. Under Obama, corporate profits are at an all time high. If the top 1% is doing so well, why won't they just boost poverty wages? The answer is that they are greedy assholes. Seriously what's stopping them from boosting wages other than greed. Beyond that, wages for some have gone up but they haven't caught up with inflation.

Tell me what is Trump and republicans going to do about low wages in America? NOTHING.
raising wages at the bottom is problematic in a couple of ways. If the minimum wage is doubled ( thats pretty much what they want I think) consumer prices are going to rise to reflect this. Those greedy bastards are not going to take dollars out of their own pockets to pay for the increase in wages.
So, what happens is that the raise in wages that people see will be offset by the price they pay, basically, they will just raise the poverty level, nobody is going to get away from poverty like this.
Another issue is that if employee 'A' spends 8 hours sweeping floors and makes 10 dollars an hour, and employee "B" spends his day working on some new product that will make the company a huge profit and makes 20 an hour, when the minimum wage goes to 15, employee "A" will see a 5 dollar an hour pay raise, thats a good thing, But, because employee "B" already makes more than minimum he sees no raise, what happens when the consumer price increases to offset the pay of worker "A". Worker "A" is now living no better than he was before the raise, and worker "B" is now working closer to poverty.
The reality is that forcing a minimum wage to double is going to increase the number of people in poverty, not reduce the number. and the greedy bastard at the top is still going to make his obscene income.
Historically, the raising of the minimum wage has not had a significant negative on business. The policy works so long as the wage boost is reasonable. It's not like liberals are suggesting we double the federal minimum wage tomorrow. It would involve gradually raising the wage over the course of a few years. That gives the market time to absorb the shock. You also fail to see the economic benefit of it over time. If people have bigger paychecks, they are spending more money on the market. That improves the overall economy.
Why not go for 25 an hour? if 15 is good for the economy, then 25 or even 50 would be incredible, just think of the tax revenue that could be generated with a 50 an hour minimum.
but seriously, that absorbing the shock involves raising prices of the product to compensate for the labor costs. In most businesses, the largest expense is the labor, which also makes it the first place to make cuts.
What makes more sense, having four people with a $10.00 p/h job or 2 with a $20.00 an hour job? the two that were lucky and are still working are doing great, they are buying more, contributing more to the tax base and taking less from the government. However the two that were not so lucky and lost their jobs are now buying nothing, they are taking from the government. The economy, based only on revenue has not changed that much.
There are always in every currency based society going to be those at the bottom, and those at the top. Raising the minimum wage can almost be looked at like a pay cut for people like me. If the minimum wage is raised Im pretty sure that I will not be seeing an equal increase in my wages. The reality is that I might even see a few years without a raise as the company "adjusts for the shock"
Now, lets look at the other side of this from the businesses point of view. if you raise minimum wage by X dollars, that means that the employee now receives X number of dollars more, however that X becomes more to the company when you consider the matching of taxes, or workers comp payments etc... 5 dollars to an employee is closer to 8 dollars to the company.
It does hurt. and it does have to do with the rate of inflation. raise it to 15 today and the good effects are not going to be stable. Its why minimum wage continues to be increased.

Everyone who voted Trump announced to the world who they really are as a person.

Fuck each and every one of them. Absolute scum.
IMG_2847.JPG

What makes more sense, having four people with a $10.00 p/h job or 2 with a $20.00 an hour job?
You have to understand MP, progressives have absolutely no understand of basic economics or basic business practices. They actually believe that they are forcing that "evil" business owner to eat the cost. They are too stupid to understand that the owner either cuts labor or passes the cost on to the consumer in the form of higher prices (which immediately negates the increase of minimum wage to the employee).

Everyone who voted Trump announced to the world who they really are as a person.
Yeah...they are men and women of integrity who refused to have a career criminal and pathological liar like Hitlery Clinton sitting in the Oval Office.

Incomes went up under Obama. Poverty skyrocketed under Reagan. You people are too immature to acknowledge that fact.
Typical progressive attempting to rewrite history.

The median income went down under Obama
Savings went down under Obama
People on food stamps went up under Obama
Women in poverty went up under Obama (3.7 million)

Fuck each and every one of them. Absolute scum.
So, those that disagree with you politically are scum?

And you likely still refuse to see what created the Trump presidency.

With the democrats we have seen their total lack of compassion for the last 50 years.
If you think the democrats have done anything to bring people out of poverty, you are the one that might need to check his ability to reason.
the number of people living in poverty has gone up under obama, the real impact of that is somewhat difficult to measure since the number of citizens has also increased, the number on welfare has gone up substantially under obama. The number of Americans living in poverty is higher under obama than any previous presidents. ( not counting the great depression)
In most cases of income going up, the increase did not match the rate of inflation, so while income might have improved, buying power was still reduced.
and let me interject my first post on this, neither party has done anything to reduce poverty for many years now. This is why I chose Trump, he is not really a republican, or a democrat. Trump is the closest thing we could get that could be considered third party.
Lets see how he does, He has 4 years to start turning things around, if he fails that? someone else can have a try in 2020. We dont have 8 years to play, under president Bush and then 8 years of failure from obama, this country is very close to a total collapse.
Poverty has gone up under Obama because he inherited the worse recession since the Great Depression. It started 4 months before he was inaugurated. He tried to alleviate this by raising the minimum wage. Under Obama, corporate profits are at an all time high. If the top 1% is doing so well, why won't they just boost poverty wages? The answer is that they are greedy assholes. Seriously what's stopping them from boosting wages other than greed. Beyond that, wages for some have gone up but they haven't caught up with inflation.

Tell me what is Trump and republicans going to do about low wages in America? NOTHING.
raising wages at the bottom is problematic in a couple of ways. If the minimum wage is doubled ( thats pretty much what they want I think) consumer prices are going to rise to reflect this. Those greedy bastards are not going to take dollars out of their own pockets to pay for the increase in wages.
So, what happens is that the raise in wages that people see will be offset by the price they pay, basically, they will just raise the poverty level, nobody is going to get away from poverty like this.
Another issue is that if employee 'A' spends 8 hours sweeping floors and makes 10 dollars an hour, and employee "B" spends his day working on some new product that will make the company a huge profit and makes 20 an hour, when the minimum wage goes to 15, employee "A" will see a 5 dollar an hour pay raise, thats a good thing, But, because employee "B" already makes more than minimum he sees no raise, what happens when the consumer price increases to offset the pay of worker "A". Worker "A" is now living no better than he was before the raise, and worker "B" is now working closer to poverty.
The reality is that forcing a minimum wage to double is going to increase the number of people in poverty, not reduce the number. and the greedy bastard at the top is still going to make his obscene income.
Historically, the raising of the minimum wage has not had a significant negative on business. The policy works so long as the wage boost is reasonable. It's not like liberals are suggesting we double the federal minimum wage tomorrow. It would involve gradually raising the wage over the course of a few years. That gives the market time to absorb the shock. You also fail to see the economic benefit of it over time. If people have bigger paychecks, they are spending more money on the market. That improves the overall economy.
Where this fails is the idea that spending more pieces of paper is what improves the economy. That is a farce. The value is what matters - the paper is simply a place holder. Increasing the amount of paper something like constructing a McDonald's hamburger costs does not increase the value of the hamburger itself.

The market 'absorbes' those increased costs by simply changing the prices of products. If a hamburger is worth 10 minutes of a minimum wage job it will still be worth that same inherent value if you push minimum wage 01 100 bucks an hour. Doing it slowly just makes that price creep difficult to see.

LOL
President Trump will bring you into society and give you self worth.
You are incredibly fucking stupid if you actually think Trump gives a shit about the average American.
Poverty has gone up under Obama because he inherited the worse recession since the Great Depression. It started 4 months before he was inaugurated. He tried to alleviate this by raising the minimum wage. Under Obama, corporate profits are at an all time high. If the top 1% is doing so well, why won't they just boost poverty wages? The answer is that they are greedy assholes.
lol.

No, the answer is not that they are 'greedy assholes.' The pure hate that you seem to have of those that are successful is stunning. The actual answer is that is not how the economy works and never has been. The economy works on supply and demand, not your preconceived notions of what the floor sweeper 'should' be making.

Seriously what's stopping them from boosting wages other than greed. Beyond that, wages for some have gone up but they haven't caught up with inflation.

What is stopping them is economics.

Where this fails is the idea that spending more pieces of paper is what improves the economy. That is a farce. The value is what matters - the paper is simply a place holder. Increasing the amount of paper something like constructing a McDonald's hamburger costs does not increase the value of the hamburger itself.

The market 'absorbes' those increased costs by simply changing the prices of products. If a hamburger is worth 10 minutes of a minimum wage job it will still be worth that same inherent value if you push minimum wage 01 100 bucks an hour. Doing it slowly just makes that price creep difficult to see.
Ok what? You're implying I am talking about printing more money which is stupid. Consumer spending is the backbone of the economy so of course it's a good thing people are spending money on businesses.

You are incredibly fucking stupid if you actually think Trump gives a shit about the average American.
Poverty has gone up under Obama because he inherited the worse recession since the Great Depression. It started 4 months before he was inaugurated. He tried to alleviate this by raising the minimum wage. Under Obama, corporate profits are at an all time high. If the top 1% is doing so well, why won't they just boost poverty wages? The answer is that they are greedy assholes.
lol.

No, the answer is not that they are 'greedy assholes.' The pure hate that you seem to have of those that are successful is stunning. The actual answer is that is not how the economy works and never has been. The economy works on supply and demand, not your preconceived notions of what the floor sweeper 'should' be making.

Seriously what's stopping them from boosting wages other than greed. Beyond that, wages for some have gone up but they haven't caught up with inflation.

You giving this generic statement about "supply and demand" does nothing to refute what I said. I don't hate the rich to be clear. It's just an obvious fact that the top 1% are keeping more money for themselves rather than investing in a strong labor force.

Ok what? You're implying I am talking about printing more money which is stupid. Consumer spending is the backbone of the economy so of course it's a good thing people are spending money on businesses.
Nope, printing money was nowhere in any of my statements. Making labor cost more be edict with no commensurate increase in its value was.

Inflation and increasing prices are not solely based on printing money.

Nope, printing money was nowhere in any of my statements. Making labor cost more be edict with no commensurate increase in its value was.

Why is it so hard to believe businesses paying people more wouldn't be beneficial to the overall economy? It isn't ideal for stimulating the economy as policy, but it's not a zero sum either. The cost of labor is worth less than the exact same amount of money being spent on the market through consumer demand. Spending money on businesses makes them a profit. That's how stimulus is created.

Not only that, but the increase of inflation doesn't offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person is making. If the federal minimum wage went up a few dollars, something at McDonald'a will go up in price like 10 cents. The consumer with a bigger paycheck is still able to afford more on the menu than before despite the price increase.

lol.

You giving this generic statement about "supply and demand" does nothing to refute what I said. I don't hate the rich to be clear. It's just an obvious fact that the top 1% are keeping more money for themselves rather than investing in a strong labor force.
Yes it does.

Labor follows the same rules of supply and demand. It values is not based on what the business owner has - it is based on its supply and demand.

You are trying to make it about something that has nothing to do with it.

Why is it so hard to believe businesses paying people more wouldn't be beneficial to the overall economy? It isn't ideal for stimulating the economy as policy, but it's not a zero sum either. The cost of labor is worth less than the exact same amount of money being spent on the market through consumer demand. Spending money on businesses makes them a profit. That's how stimulus is created.
Business paying more from government edict when the VALUE of what is purchased has not increased is what is not good for the economy. Really is not 'bad' for the economy in the long run either. It is meaningless, the markets respond and the end result is that value is represented rather than the amount of paper exchanged for it.
Not only that, but the increase of inflation doesn't offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person is making. If the federal minimum wage went up a few dollars, something at McDonald'a will go up in price like 10 cents. The consumer with a bigger paycheck is still able to afford more on the menu than before despite the price increase.
That is the assumption in the short term. In the long term that is not the case. Over time the prices reflect the new value and cost.

Who gets hosed if the majority of people sitting right above minimum wage who do not see any realized benefits. Those at minimum wage see a minute benefit for a few years until prices reflect the new reality. That is the ones that are not outright replaced.

Forum List

Back