“America was founded as an Atheist and Christian Nation” 21st Century sin & salvation Christian agrees with Unitarian Deist John Adams.

disproving a generalization. Correll, post: 25789071
Thank you for your attempt to actually disprove my generalization.

How did I disprove your generalization that you have not and cannot prove to be true?

here is what I wrote:

{{Religious behavior is mostly between a man and whatever version of god or no god at all suits him. So I’m not sure where you get your 1790 data confirming a massive majority of Christians living under the newly ratified secular Constitution of the United States of America.​
“In 1776, only about 17 v percent of the country were church members, compared to about 65 percent today, said Stark, who has tallied church membership as a percentage of the population over the past 250 years using church records and census figures.​

So where is your social science data verifying your massive Christian majority? Here is mine;​

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data”}}​

I wish I could believe you have just admitted that you were lying when you claim there was a Christian majority in the Colonies turned United States in 1790.

I rather expect that you will be trashing Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization as Commie Anti Christian Trump hating fake news bigots or something along those lines begs because that is what you do.

disproving a generalization. NotfooledbyW, post: 25791096 to 25789071
Thank you for your attempt to actually disprove my generalization.

How did I disprove your generalization that you have not and cannot prove to be true?

here is what I wrote:

Religious behavior is mostly between a man and whatever version of god or no god at all suits him. So I’m not sure where you get your 1790 data confirming a massive majority of Christians living under the newly ratified secular Constitution of the United States of America.
{{“In 1776, only about 17 v percent of the country were church members, compared to about 65 percent today, said Stark, who has tallied church membership as a percentage of the population over the past 250 years using church records and census figures.​

So where is your social science data verifying your massive Christian majority? Here is mine;​

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data”}}​

I wish I could believe you have just admitted that you were lying when you claim there was a Christian majority in the Colonies turned United States in 1790.

I rather expect that you will be trashing Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization as Commie Anti Christian Trump hating fake news bigots or something along those lines begs because that is what you do.

1. Your attempt to disprove it by demonstrating that the US population was not Christian at the time of the founding, would have done the trick of disproving my generalization, IF you had actually been able to do it, instead of playing moving the goal post game that you did.

2. You metric of tracking Church membership is not a convincing argument. It is hilarious that you are a liberal who would believe that a man is a woman, simply because he says so, but you require formal church membership before you will believe that a man is a Christian, even though you just admitted that his religion is between himself and God.

Enough of the lie. "NotfooledbyW, post: 25791556 to 25791376
you just admitted that his religion is between himself and God.

So you have no method. You just made it up. That means it was not a generalization. It was and still is a flat out lie that America was founded as a Christian NATION baseD on the majority at the time being Christian. You don’t know if the majority was Christian or not. Stop lying.

Last edited:
COUNTING dogs and cats as Christians?????? NotfooledbyW, post: 25791724 to 25791376

2. You metric of tracking Church membership is not a convincing argument.

Your method of citing a common Christian Right Wing MYTH to support your argument is duly noted.

You are an ignoramus. You are becoming a famous ignoramus.

If we double this chart in 1776 assuming that half the sincere Christians never joined a church there still is no majority of Protestant Christians in Colonial America. Its 34%. Not your massive Christian majority.

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data“

By that doubling the progression of Church membership in 1906 means that 102% of Americans were Christians.

must be when they started counting farm animals and the family pets as Christians.

I

Your method of citing a common Christian Right Wing MYTH to support your argument is duly noted.

If we double this chart in 1776 assuming that half the sincere Christians never joined a church there still is no majority of Protestant Christians in Colonial America. Its 34%. Not your massive Christian majority.

“ Church Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34 1860 37 1870 35 1890 45 1906 51 1916 53 1926 56 1952 59 1980 62 1995 65* *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data“

By that doubling the progression of Church membership in 1906 means that 102% of Americans were Christians.

must be when they started counting farm animals and the family pets as Christians.

I
It is a Christian Nation that respects the Freedom of Religion of it's minorities
m

if only 17% were affiliated with a Christian Church in 1776 it looks like it’s the other way around. The majority were unattached to A church and were tolerant of the minority of Christians that were churched.

Last edited:
Enough of the lie. "NotfooledbyW, post: 25791556 to 25791376
you just admitted that his religion is between himself and God.

So you have no method. You just made it up. That means it was not a generalization. It was and still is a flat out lie that America was founded as a Christian NATION baseD on the majority at the time being Christian. You don’t know if the majority was Christian or not. Stop lying.

You seem to have a child's view of how things work. A retarded child's.

I disagreed with your "method" and did not offer my own. That does not mean I am lying. There are many other options, that you are either too stupid to think of, or too dishonest to admit to. Or some combo of the two. A lying retarded child.

My point stands. You are ginning up a bullshit disagreement, based primarily on semantics in an attempt to create the illusion of a justification for your attacks on people you hate.

COUNTING dogs and cats as Christians?????? NotfooledbyW, post: 25791724 to 25791376

I

You yourself already stated that religion is between a man and God, and now you are claiming that only Christians who were formally members of a formal church, should be counted as Christians.

You have already refuted your own point. YOu are just throwing shit against a wall, like a monkey, hoping something sticks.

Your entire position is sophist nonsense designed to create the illusion of a justification for your bigoted attacks on people you hate.

I
It is a Christian Nation that respects the Freedom of Religion of it's minorities
m

if only 17% were affiliated with a Christian Church in 1776 it looks like it’s the other way around. The majority were unattached to A church and were tolerant of the minority of Christians that were churched.

Said that man that has admitted that religion is between a man and God, without a church being needed.

YOu have already refuted the point you are now trying to make.

Seriously. You are just a monkey throwing shit at a wall, hoping something will stick.

You yourself already stated that religion is between a man and God, and now you are claiming that only Christians who were formally members of a formal church, should be counted as Christians.

I’m saying you can’t really count beyond Church affiliation. So you don’t know as a matter of fact when you say there was a massive Christian majority in 1790 America.

So quit lying as if you know.

I’m saying you can’t really count beyond Church affiliation. So you don’t know as a matter of fact when you say there was a massive Christian majority in 1790 America.

That is an interesting claim. So there is no other way to measure a population other than by formal Church Affiliation?

Perhaps you only think that, because you are too stupid to think of any other ways of getting information.

That is an interesting claim. So there is no other way to measure a population other than by formal Church Affiliation?

Perhaps you only think that, because you are too stupid to think of any other ways of getting information.
My point stands.
where's yours - claiming u s is founded as a christian nation ...

* none exist but keep lying someone might believe you someday.

Secret method of counting massive majority of Christians in a post-revolution America.

NotfooledbyW, post: 25797876 to 25794909
I disagreed with your "method" and did not offer my own. That does not mean I am lying.

You claim to have a method of your own but you refuse to bring it to the public square for examination.

Let’s see it or we will have to tack on another lie. The claim to have a method for counting Christians who lived in Colonial America a couple of centuries ago is a lie if you don’t actually have one.

Swallowing right wing political myths is not a valid method by the way.

There are numerous way to approximate the size of the population in 1791 America. So you are lying about what I’m saying once again. Church affiliation measures church affiliation as a percentage of the total population and nothing more.

Since you have no method to determine the percent of the population, beyond public records such as church affiliation, as to how many that were individually and personally committed to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior; there is no way in hell you can state that there was a massive Christian majority present at the time of America’s founding.

I’m calling you on that lie and you do not seem to be willing to reply.

Duly noted.

Last edited:

My point stands.

Speak clear. I'm done trying to guess your fucking points. DO YOU WANT SOMETHING FROM ME? DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION? DO YOU HAVE A FUCKING POINT, YOU BRAINLESS MORON?

Secret method of counting massive majority of Christians in a post-revolution America.

NotfooledbyW, post: 25797876 to 25794909
I disagreed with your "method" and did not offer my own. That does not mean I am lying.

You claim to have a method of your own but you refuse to bring it to the public square for examination.

Let’s see it or we will have to tack on another lie. The claim to have a method for counting Christians who lived in Colonial America a couple of centuries ago is a lie if you don’t actually have one.

Swallowing right wing political myths is not a valid method by the way.

I did not claim have a method. Your inability to even think or speak clearly is pissing me off.

DO YOU WANT SOMETHING FROM ME? DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION? OR ARE YOU TOO FUCKING RETARDED TO EVEN HOLD A CONVERSATION, LET ALONG DEFEND YOUR POSITON?

There are numerous way to approximate the size of the population in 1791 America. So you are lying about what I’m saying once again. Church affiliation measures church affiliation as a percentage of the total population and nothing more.

The way you presented it, and then said that since THAT number did not show a majority, that my statement had to be a lie, only makes sense if you were assuming that your method was the ONLY possible metric.

Because otherwise, another metric might show the data that your metric did not.

I should not have to explain the meaning of your own words to you. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

I'm getting tired of your insanely stupid style of debating. I will not be coddling you for much longer.

My point stands.

Speak clear. I'm done trying to guess your fucking points. DO YOU WANT SOMETHING FROM ME? DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION? DO YOU HAVE A FUCKING POINT, YOU BRAINLESS MORON?

does screaming make you feel like that helps to conceal your deceit and contempt for the truth this country is and was founded as a secular republic for all people to live their own lives as they see fit and not by the constraints of a religious fanatic. corel.

most people that correspond here made it through grade school, corel and have learned to control their temper tantrums on a public forum.

find something better to read than your christian bible if you care ever to become an adult.

My point stands.

does screaming make you feel like that helps to conceal your deceit and contempt for the truth this country is and was founded as a secular republic for all people to live their own lives as they see fit and not by the constraints of a religious fanatic. corel.

most people that correspond here made it through grade school, corel and have learned to control their temper tantrums on a public forum.

find something better to read than your christian bible if you care ever to become an adult.

I disagree with your spin on the Founding or the nature of what "no establishment of religion" means.

My point stands.

I disagree with your spin on the Founding or the nature of what "no establishment of religion" means.
there is no spin, it means what it says ... that's all there is.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Correll, post: 25813800

BreezeWood, post: 25814495
there is no spin, it means what it says ... that's all there is.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Nothing in the text of the Constitution establishes America as a Christian Nation. You’ve been trying to make a case that there was a massive Christian majority when that document was being written. And you say that majority is what made America a Christian nation.

That is nutzo because the entire population did not ‘found’ a nation. But what’s worse for you than that is there is no way you can know that there was a Christian majority living on American soil over two hundred years ago. Yet you base your quest to force me to accept your white Christian nationalist nonsense that America was founded as a Christian nation based on nothing but your imaginary original Christian majority. What makes you think you should get away with that?

I think you are confused because white male dominated Protestant Christianity was, its true, the dominant religion in the British colonies and western settlements.

The dominance was not due to the majority of the population being card carrying Christians. The dominance came from the state sponsored churches, prior to tge disestablishment era that came with the Revolution and the ratification of the Constitution. Then, independent mostly Protestant institutions continued and took over dominating the culture with only one in five of the population being Parishioners in 1776.

So your majority basis for your Christian Nation is not true. That means you can’t put non-Christians in your Christian group as you’ve been saying.

(1)There was no verifiable Christian majority in 1790 America.

(2) I am not an institution. I am not a minority part of a group of religious institutions.

(3) The Constitution is clear. No religious institution was ever to involuntarily dominate an individual citizen’s mind after 1791.

Your arguments are sunk.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back