America has the Government it deserves

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

As Conservatives and Liberals flail away at each other here, and in competing media outlets, few have given a thought to the fact that both are getting exactly the Government they deserve.

* Neither side wants to compromise with the other

* Neither side wants to work with the other

* Neither side will admit they ever made a mistake

* Both sides want only to attack each other

Until this attitude changes, gridlock and lack of progress on almost everything from the national debt, infrastructure, education, and many other issues will continue. Conservatives and Liberals have about equal amounts of voters. Neither side is going to push the other away. Lawmakers such as Mitch McConnell and Elizabeth Warren are only doing what their backers want them to do. If these lawmakers are to govern differently, then their backers have to send them to Washington with a different mandate....a mandate of compromise, and willingness to work across the aisle to get things done.

Every Nation Gets The Government It Deserves - Joseph de Maistre 1753 - 1821 | French lawyer, diplomat, writer, and philosopher.

Last edited:
Yeah, we could do without the corruption, thx.

If they could just stop with the corrupt bullshit, that'd be great.

Yeah... one side is a bunch of corrupt, lawless, violent, RESIST ass wipes and the other just wants America to be great.

There is no compromise with people that hate America.

Democrats are the party of trash, and people that sit on the fence thinking they're hollier than thou are no help to anyone.

Corporate 'donations' are, by definition, bribery. These dudes aren't giving away money because it feels good.

We used to have people with dignity and gravitas in government, but now we don't. This slide first began when reagan was elected, but it went full tilt during the Obama administration and it was due to the republicans.

During the Obama administration, we saw the Speaker of the House refusing attend a state dinner for the Prime Minister of India, when attendance at a state dinner by the Speaker of the House is mandatory under protocol that has been accepted for generations. We saw republicans refusing to attend conciliation meetings that traditionally are held to reconcile bills that have been passed by the House and the Senate on the same issue. It was the republicans who did not come to the table. This sort of conduct is unforgivable.

What is it about republicans that they cannot come to the table and negotiate on any specific issue? I've seen this happen with regard to many issues. It is glaring on issues of interest to women and issues pertaining to the environment, for example, as are issues regarding race and religion. Republicans: take a seat at the table. There will be an open mic available in front of you so that you may state your case.

We used to have people with dignity and gravitas in government, but now we don't. This slide first began when reagan was elected, but it went full tilt during the Obama administration and it was due to the republicans.

During the Obama administration, we saw the Speaker of the House refusing attend a state dinner for the Prime Minister of India, when attendance at a state dinner by the Speaker of the House is mandatory under protocol that has been accepted for generations. We saw republicans refusing to attend conciliation meetings that traditionally are held to reconcile bills that have been passed by the House and the Senate on the same issue. It was the republicans who did not come to the table. This sort of conduct is unforgivable.

What is it about republicans that they cannot come to the table and negotiate on any specific issue? I've seen this happen with regard to many issues. It is glaring on issues of interest to women and issues pertaining to the environment, for example, as are issues regarding race and religion. Republicans: take a seat at the table. There will be an open mic available in front of you so that you may state your case.
We used to have people with dignity and gravitas in government, but now we don't.
After reading ^, I actually expected to be
pleasantly surprised for a change...
I don't know what the hell I was thinking!

With that said, I do not care to elaborate

`
`

H0CKj8T.jpg

We used to have people with dignity and gravitas in government, but now we don't.

You are a very weird person. What is it that an open table, open discussion, that you don't understand?

Corporate 'donations' are, by definition, bribery. These dudes aren't giving away money because it feels good.
Our supreme court in their wisdom decided the constitution allows money to equal speech.

Yeah....that needs to be revisited. Legalizing bribery is not cool, man.
Well, a new constitutional amendment could work. Easy peasy we do those all the time.

Do you think the newly-elected Democrat majority will propose such a bill? The

Senate and president would

definitely ratify it.

I'm thinking it never crossed their minds.

Idk, I heard some scuttlebutt that some are talking about doing real things.

Last edited:
Our supreme court in their wisdom decided the constitution allows money to equal speech.

Well, a new constitutional amendment could work. Easy peasy we do those all the time.

definitely ratify it.

best post.

What are you so scared of? Come to the negotiation table. Bring facts,

definitely ratify it.

The senate would kill that in a second. Watch how many house bills they kill in the next two years.

Yeah... one side is a bunch of corrupt, lawless, violent, RESIST ass wipes and the other just wants America to be great.

Democrats are the party of trash, and people that sit on the fence thinking they're hollier than thou are no help to anyone.

AMERICAN BORN - WHITE - MALE - USAF SERVICE CONNECTED DISABLED VETERAN - CHRISTIAN - CONSTITUTIONAL CONSERVATIVE - AMERICA FIRST PATRIOT... and damn proud of it.

I REST MY CASE...

Forum List

Back