America Has Long Favored Cars Over Trains and Buses. Can Biden Change That?

The best I have seen is probably BART in SF and the DC Metro. But they are relatively new.

Considering when it was built and the millions of passengers it carries, the NY Subway system is amazing.

When I lived in Paris I found that Métro to be decades ahead of US transit. Smooth, quiet and efficient. Probably equivalent to the DC Metro right now, but in the 1970s.
I am sure Paris would be glad ta have you back. Bon Voyage!

Hey, you're the one with the French name...

Paris is pretty cool though. Especially its transit system.
Oh and the coffee. OH yeah.
Best coffee I ever had was in a little French cafe in Charleston. It was astronomically expensive and didn't include a refill, but I still ordered a second cup.
Best I ever had was at a TruckStop Diner on Old Highway 40.
In?
Oh,yeah. California between Sacto and 'Frisco.

The best I have seen is probably BART in SF and the DC Metro. But they are relatively new.

Considering when it was built and the millions of passengers it carries, the NY Subway system is amazing.

When I lived in Paris I found that Métro to be decades ahead of US transit. Smooth, quiet and efficient. Probably equivalent to the DC Metro right now, but in the 1970s.

Best coffee I ever had was in a little French cafe in Charleston. It was astronomically expensive and didn't include a refill, but I still ordered a second cup.
In?
I was only West of Buffalo once, for a very brief trip to MIssouri, and I never had a decent cup of coffee after we cleared Ohio. It was weak, brown water everywhere I went. On the way home, once we got to Ohio I insisted we stop at a diner for COFFEE. Good to know they can brew it on the coast.

In?
I was only West of Buffalo once, for a very brief trip to MIssouri, and I never had a decent cup of coffee after we cleared Ohio. It was weak, brown water everywhere I went. On the way home, once we got to Ohio I insisted we stop at a diner for COFFEE. Good to know they can brew it on the coast.
Maybe. That diner closed down ages ago. But there are still a few up near Redding and Shasta.

In?

Why is it so many New Yorkers never travel....I was in the service with some NYC fellows who before going into the service had never been more than a few miles from where they lived and spent most of their time in the neighborhood where they grew up.

In?

Just don't ever get coffee in Utah. Or at least SLC.
I think it's gotta be the water because it was undrinkable everywhere.

In?

Why is it so many New Yorkers never travel....I was in the service with some NYC fellows who before going into the service had never been more than a few miles from where they lived and spent most of their time in the neighborhood where they grew up.
One reason is New Yorkers think they are the center of the Universe. Why go anywhere else?

Secndly, they don’t have cars, so family trips are more difficult

In?

They're bigger hicks than any country folk are, for all the noise about NYC 'big city sophistication n stuff'; most I've met have never even been to any of the art museums, history museums, etc., except as school kids if they were lucky, their giant Library, or anything else after living there their whole lives, which is more than weird. WE have friends we visit a couple of times a year that live in Mameroneck , on the Sound there, We've seen more of New York City and the Hudson River Valley than they have. Go to a cultural event, play, or other stuff and you're mostly in a crowd of out-of-towners.

Last edited:

In?

They're bigger hicks than any country folk are, for all the noise about NYC 'big city sophistication n stuff'; most I've met have never even been to any of the art museums, history museums, etc., except as school kids if they were lucky, their giant Library, or anything else after living there their whole lives, which is more than weird. WE have friends we visit a couple of times a year that live in Mameroneck , on the Sound there, We've seen more of New York City and the Hudson River Valley than they have. Go to a cultural event, play, or other stuff and you're mostly in a crowd of out-of-towners.

hehheh I was talking to a friend about it....he said New Yorkers are not like other people...they are raised differently.

The ones I knew got involved in petty crimes at a very young age.....they saw nothing wrong with snatching and grabbing stuff and then running off....even if they were caught not much was done....until they started getting involved in more serious crimes.....then the judge gave them an option of joining the Army or going to jail.

I found out they could not be trusted. I don't know if it is genetical or environmental....but they are very different from anyone I have known.

In?

Broke, mostly, but I've been south and north, just not west. And I'm not from NYC; only ever did a day trip there once.

In?

One reason is New Yorkers think they are the center of the Universe. Why go anywhere else?

Secndly, they don’t have cars, so family trips are more difficult
Because they are to stupid to DRIVE. All the Cabbies are immigrants.

No. Another waste of taxpayer money.

I haven't used public transportation in decades. What would be the motivation to use it now?

I prefer to come and go on my schedule, and not to be packed in like sardines with the effluvient hoi polloi.

He's not trying to, brainwashed functional moron. He's just trying to make it more plausible for people and less pollution, also making electric vehicles of all kinds more plausible with a lot of recharging stations. Nobody is coming for your car or your gun dingbat.

I haven't used public transportation in decades. What would be the motivation to use it now?

I prefer to come and go on my schedule, and not to be packed in like sardines with the effluvient hoi polloi.

He's not trying to, brainwashed functional moron. He's just trying to make it more plausible for people and less pollution, also making electric vehicles of all kinds more plausible with a lot of recharging stations. Nobody is coming for your car or your gun dingbat.

Merely expressing a preference. I'll be long gone before anyone comes for cars or guns.

Merely expressing a preference. I'll be long gone before anyone comes for cars or guns.
After 40 years of GOP giveaway to the rich, it's time to help out regular people again. I think everyone would rather have a car lol

Forum List

Back