America First

Spot on Mac. Trump’s America First was just an empty slogan. While Trump was touting America First, his tax plan encouraged American companies to invest overseas. While Trump was touting American First, Chinese and Russian influence and power grew at the expense of American global leadership.
Biden’s slogan should be America Strong. That is what our new President is doing. Bringing America back into the forefront of global leadership where she belongs.
Also, I wonder how many of these people have ever been in a position of leadership for a large, successful company.

There, you are trained (regularly) that leadership is not about you personally, it's about what you can motivate and inspire others to do. And that includes jumping in, being engaged, contributing and getting your hands dirty. That's how you're judged.

I think most of these people who want America to hide don't know what true leadership is.

The way the EU has been illegally supporting airbus shows how they think that the game should be played.

They are willing to break the law to get their companies sales and their people jobs, at our expense.

That is ONE example where they got caught. It shows that they are pursuing a policy and a mindset far more aggressive than Trump's America First, and they have been doing so, all along. For decades.
^queefs about airbus, ignores boeing.

the wto doesn't, though.

The way that states compete with tax breaks is a problem, and a valid issue for the EU to raise, BUT, it does not reflect a national, or international policy of benefiting our citizens and corporations at the expense of our supposed friends.
lol. pretzel logic at its finest.

you whine about the EU doing what the US is doing as well. do you expect the EU or everyone but the USA to succumb to your exceptionalism? grow up.

The policy of Washington state is a policy to get the plant to be in Washington State. It is not a national policy of benefitting American manufacturers and workers at the expense of Europeans.

Their AIRBUS policy IS.
get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

trying to blame washington state. lol, as if it was relevant. and true.

"In 2012 the WTO ruled that the United States had granted massive subsidies to Boeing in violation of WTO rules. Between 1989 and 2006 Boeing benefited from NASA, US Department of Defence and Washington State/Kansas subsidies totalling over $5 billion. The subsidies allowed Boeing to sell its aircraft more cheaply, to the detriment of Airbus."

Our massive and ever growing trade deficits strongly indicate that that, if true, is NOT an example of a national policy, but more of an exception to the rule.

AND ever if it were true, at the worst, we are just doing what they are doing, just mostly failing.

There is no way to spin it, that what TRump wanted was... wrong in any way.
this is clearly above your paygrade.

America First means the President of the United States of America works for Americans, not the world.
No other world leaders puts the interests of other nations ahead of his own.
This is how you people don't understand leadership.

It's about OUR best interests. Being the leader is best for America.

You guys have no idea what real leadership is. You'd rather be paranoid.
Oh, please.

Name one trade deal that has favored American interests above any other interest.

One.

You can't. I'll bet you can't even name one that gave the US equal footing.

This is the fundamental difference. You may be a pillow biter, but the rest of us don't like it. We want to stop giving our money away to the rest of the world.
Then hide.
What do you mean "hide"?

You're the one hiding. Do you want a world where America bends over and takes it up the fucking tail pipe.

It's not hiding to actually take a strong position to give America equal footing.

You can try to spin this anyway you want but you know I'm fucking right.

Look at post 76. They even want to hide from being Leader of the Free World.

Let somebody else do it. We don't have the balls any more

The world does not trust our leadership anymore. We are too unstable and our country is being taken over by the crazies

The world does not trust our leadership anymore. We are too unstable and our country is being taken over by the crazies
I was heartened by what I saw this weekend.

This has been a very educational thread. I've been assuming they want America to be Leader of the Free World.

Turns out that's not what they want. They just want to hide in their little corner of the sandbox.

I was heartened by what I saw this weekend.

This has been a very educational thread. I've been assuming they want America to be Leader of the Free World.

Turns out that's not what they want. They just want to hide in their little corner of the sandbox.
Pillow biter of the Free World. Mac's ideal.

Trump was supposed to be The Greatest Dealmaker in the History of Historical Histories.

When it was time to work with Europe, he ran like a scared little bunny, afraid they'd take advantage of him.

Weird!

Trump was supposed to be The Greatest Dealmaker in the History of Historical Histories.

When it was time to work with Europe, he ran like a scared little bunny, afraid they'd take advantage of him.
when was that?

when was that?
Um, ANY time.

But Trumpism is about hiding and playing the victim.

Spot on Mac. Trump’s America First was just an empty slogan. While Trump was touting America First, his tax plan encouraged American companies to invest overseas. While Trump was touting American First, Chinese and Russian influence and power grew at the expense of American global leadership.
Biden’s slogan should be America Strong. That is what our new President is doing. Bringing America back into the forefront of global leadership where she belongs.
Also, I wonder how many of these people have ever been in a position of leadership for a large, successful company.

There, you are trained (regularly) that leadership is not about you personally, it's about what you can motivate and inspire others to do. And that includes jumping in, being engaged, contributing and getting your hands dirty. That's how you're judged.

I think most of these people who want America to hide don't know what true leadership is.

The way the EU has been illegally supporting airbus shows how they think that the game should be played.

They are willing to break the law to get their companies sales and their people jobs, at our expense.

That is ONE example where they got caught. It shows that they are pursuing a policy and a mindset far more aggressive than Trump's America First, and they have been doing so, all along. For decades.
Oh, so that's your excuse for relinquishing our position as Leader of the Free World?

Xi thanks you, no doubt.
China and Russia want to see the Western alliance in disarray

Trump delivered

If our friends are so offended by the idea of an American President having a policy of looking out for AMERICANS, then they are not our allies, and maybe never were.
Alliances don’t work like that
It is not always one side always wins

We give something, they give something
We all win

Show me where Trump said that we have to always win.
He complained like a little bitch every time America was expected to give anything.

Trump had no concept of what diplomacy is. He can’t understand mutual interest
There are many people who have been screwed over by others. Screw them back if you can. This Covid is a blessing in some ways. But uneven in nits destruction and helped by the elites, media, entertainers and corrupted politicians. Never forget those who ph uked with you. There are millions who need to be taken down. And a short time to do it.

Xiden is proven to be Russia First, and China First
I don’t know about Biden’s policies toward Russia, remains to be seen, but the take away from the G-7 is that his policies towards China are a continuation of Trump’s hard line with the addition of getting the G-7 nations onboard with them and adding a proposed counter to China’s “belt and road”.

Forum List

Back