America First. R U Sure?

It was just last month and you cared what a foreign dictator thought but now you don't care what Germany, England, Canada or Mexico thinks? What the fuck is wrong with you?
What did I care about?
Last month you guys preferred a leader that Putin could do business with. But you don't give a fuck the rest of the world doesn't want to do business with Trump. Or they do but he's making them want it less and less. He's ruining our standing in the world. Fact.

You thought Obama was bad? Then you're a brain dead chimp imo.
I don't care if people get pissed at us for putting citizens first.
Obama was bad. And frankly, using an 8 year president to compare to one that has been in office for 10 days is ignorant as hell.
you're a brain dead chimp
irony
Us? I think I found one of Trump's paid chimps. You sound like you took a class from Kellyanne Conway.

Trump has done more damage in 10 days than Obama did in 8 years and it's only going to get worse.

Now I know how cons felt the last 8 years. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong but I'm sure given enough time I will be proven right.

See, I don't mind doing it your way if it will work. So I'll be fair if it's actually working or not. But you fucks said things were fine going into a great recession and said Obama sucked while he got us out. You have zero credibility. ZERO And you will make us less safe. Lower wages, etc. Watch dummy.
"you" Lol...
You keep calling me a dummy but you have yet to describe me. Just partisan stereotypes. Nice.
it's all he/she's got.

2 things. My OP was about how Trump's rhetoric scares Europeans and corrodes Trump's power abroad, not about if he's right or not. Secondly having said that, I fail to see how any wall will be able to stop people from coming over, especially a 2000 mile border. People cross the mediterranean in what amounts to rafts if they get desperate enough. People crossed the Berlin Wall and that shit was barb wired, mined and guarded by people with orders to kill anybody who tried. Especially considering the fact that Trump wants to revisit NAFTA thereby almost assuredly impoverishing Mexico and create the same desperation that makes people want to come over to begin with.

You have internalized the views of the Conventional Wisdom, created by your media and political class.

Part of that it that your in laws are stupid and/or racist, for supporting TRump.

If they are wrong about that, they could be wrong about the rest of it.

Are you prepared to consider that?
Yes I am. I'm probably one of the few people on this board that has been known to concede a point. The trouble is you will have to be able to give me ironclad argumentation. Can you do that?

I note that you talk of the Wall as though it was the sole move to deal with the Illegal immigration problem. This is the exact opposite of the truth. Trump has numerous posted plans for addressing the problem from increasing the number of ICE agents to punishing employers of illegals, to the Wall.
You noted correctly. The wall is the most visible and therefore the most scary part of his plans. I note that you didn't answer the premise that the root cause of this kind of immigration is economical, and that Trumps plan inevitably worsens the Mexicans economical situation, creating more people who want to cross.
a wall is scary? why is that? I didn't know a structure that just stands still is capable of such a thing.
In general Europeans don't like the symbolism of walls, we've had some bad experiences with walls. The structure stands still but it represent or a physical barrier between yourself and undesirables ( ghettos), or a barrier between you and a country you deem dangerous ( Berlin wall), there is a reason that a piece of the Berlin wall is at the CIA headquarters. A physical reminder of something the world deemed reprehensible.

You have internalized the views of the Conventional Wisdom, created by your media and political class.

Part of that it that your in laws are stupid and/or racist, for supporting TRump.

If they are wrong about that, they could be wrong about the rest of it.

Are you prepared to consider that?
Yes I am. I'm probably one of the few people on this board that has been known to concede a point. The trouble is you will have to be able to give me ironclad argumentation. Can you do that?

I note that you talk of the Wall as though it was the sole move to deal with the Illegal immigration problem. This is the exact opposite of the truth. Trump has numerous posted plans for addressing the problem from increasing the number of ICE agents to punishing employers of illegals, to the Wall.
You noted correctly. The wall is the most visible and therefore the most scary part of his plans. I note that you didn't answer the premise that the root cause of this kind of immigration is economical, and that Trumps plan inevitably worsens the Mexicans economical situation, creating more people who want to cross.
a wall is scary? why is that? I didn't know a structure that just stands still is capable of such a thing.
In general Europeans don't like the symbolism of walls, we've had some bad experiences with walls. The structure stands still but it represent or a physical barrier between yourself and undesirables ( ghettos), or a barrier between you and a country you deem dangerous ( Berlin wall), there is a reason that a piece of the Berlin wall is at the CIA headquarters. A physical reminder of something the world deemed reprehensible.
the Berlin wall split a country. Mehico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point. The US can build a wall without anyone's permission. for protection. and like I stated, one already exists. you are saying that it represents what exactly?

Edit: it split a city in a country.

Last edited:

the Berlin wall split a country. Mexico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point. The US can build a wall without anyone's permission. for protection. and like I stated, one already exists. you are saying that it represents what exactly?
My point is the same as it was when I first replied to the OP. That Trumps America First policy coupled with his rhetoric and unwillingness to adhere to what most of the western nations consider core values, rapidly will erode America's influence abroad and will likely destabilise the world. Read my original reply maybe, that does explain it in more detail.

the Berlin wall split a country. Mehico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point. The US can build a wall without anyone's permission. for protection. and like I stated, one already exists. you are saying that it represents what exactly?

the Berlin wall split a country. Mehico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point.
Think you answered your own question there.

the Berlin wall split a country. Mexico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point. The US can build a wall without anyone's permission. for protection. and like I stated, one already exists. you are saying that it represents what exactly?
My point is the same as it was when I first replied to the OP. That Trumps America First policy coupled with his rhetoric and unwillingness to adhere to what most of the western nations consider core values, rapidly will erode America's influence abroad and will likely destabilise the world. Read my original reply maybe, that does explain it in more detail.
And Trump won because the majority of folks want America economics put first for a change. America first is why he won. So, chances are pretty good that is going to be what his policies are. Now see as you don't agree, you should have had a candidate that would have bolstered your views. it's how an election cycle works.

the Berlin wall split a country. Mehico is not part of the US. so I don't get you're point.
how? Mexico is not part of the United States. so how you figure?

the Berlin wall split a country. And the border wall split a country. Same thing by your own words.

the Berlin wall split a country. And the border wall split a country. Same thing by your own words.

You do realize the Berlin wall was in Berlin? It spilt a country because it was built within a country. What do you think, they're going to build the southern wall through the middle of Arizona?

nope. apples and oranges. sorry bubba,

as soggy just pointed out:

"You do realize the Berlin wall was in Berlin? It spilt a country because it was built within a country. What do you think, they're going to build the southern wall through the middle of Arizona?"

And Trump won because the majority of folks want America economics put first for a change. America first is why he won. So, chances are pretty good that is going to be what his policies are. Now see as you don't agree, you should have had a candidate that would have bolstered your views. it's how an election cycle works.
Again not disputing that Trump was duly elected. But he was elected not anointed. And the fact that he was elected, in no way lessens the apprehension even outright fear and loathing he provokes among the populace of long standing allies. And those same feelings will probably have serious long term repercussions.

Again not disputing that Trump was duly elected. But he was elected not anointed. And the fact that he was elected, in no way lessens the apprehension even outright fear and loathing he provokes among the populace of long standing allies. And those same feelings will probably have serious long term repercussions.
he was elected for his policies. He is entitled to push his policies. You don't like them win a fking election.

You do realize the Berlin wall was in Berlin? It spilt a country because it was built within a country. What do you think, they're going to build the southern wall through the middle of Arizona?
It was part of the border between the DDR and West-Germany, at that time 2 recognised sovereign nations.

Funny you mention China. Isn't that where Ivanka & Trump gets their shit made?

US companies were making their shit in Mexico duty free long before NAFTA was signed. Companies can only seek their cheap labor overseas if Americans opt to buy it. We should not be giving US corps a tax break for taking their factories overseas. Thanks to Republicans their overseas profits are not taxed until they bring them home - so they don't. When we import steel from China to manufacture, it cancels out any freight advantage we might have against Chinese products made from steel. It is really stupid to wall off the US market for just US made goods when the global reaction will be to end our exports. What kind of idiot strives to claim 315 million customers while alienation billions?

I'm under no obligation to decipher this ^^^^^^^^^ horseshit.

Not only do you suffer from cognitive dissonance, but poor reading comprehension as well.

My argument was to point out the logical disconnect in conservative thinking, not to argue in favor of free trade agreements.

I got news for you. LIBERALS were against NAFTA. Conservatives were all for it. Clinton was a fiscal conservative who went against his own party on NAFTA.

My thinking has always been consistent - that merging two very different economies means that many people in one or both economies will suffer. I am not for free market and never have been. I am for government protectionism as needed to protect their people. I am abhorred by the fact that China's super accelerated economic development was done off the backs of the American workers.

Of course it was the American worker that supported capitalism above all else - that supported trickle down which enabled the wealthiest to abandon American workers and invest in China.

It's the inconsistency in conservative thinking that is the problem. They want free markets, they want trickle down, then when it all backfires on them they elect a scam artist/globalist named Trump and are stupid enough to believe that he will fix everything. They have a big surprise coming their way.

Incoherent.....you need to get into rehab.

It was part of the border between the DDR and West-Germany, at that time 2 recognised sovereign nations.
it was divided after a war. The US and Mexico have never been a sovereign nation together.

Funny you mention China. Isn't that where Ivanka & Trump gets their shit made?

US companies were making their shit in Mexico duty free long before NAFTA was signed. Companies can only seek their cheap labor overseas if Americans opt to buy it. We should not be giving US corps a tax break for taking their factories overseas. Thanks to Republicans their overseas profits are not taxed until they bring them home - so they don't. When we import steel from China to manufacture, it cancels out any freight advantage we might have against Chinese products made from steel. It is really stupid to wall off the US market for just US made goods when the global reaction will be to end our exports. What kind of idiot strives to claim 315 million customers while alienation billions?

I'm under no obligation to decipher this ^^^^^^^^^ horseshit.
I gotta remember this one.

See? Last year you guys cared what Russia thought but not what the rest of the world thought. Isn't that weird?
"you guys".. again, fuck you.
Your only argument is a fallacy. Congratulations.

Do you remember the last 4 years? Get used to it. Now you are feeling how we felt when we were in charge. This is why President's gray in 8 years. Trump will be down to a faded orange in a year.
What? Are you trying to justify your ignorance? Get the fuck outta here

Color me shock but I remember quite well you love & adore Putin before Obama.
Color me shocked but I remember quit well you are retarded.

You are displaying your low life scum again but I will not lower myself to your category.

"you guys".. again, fuck you.
Your only argument is a fallacy. Congratulations.

Do you remember the last 4 years? Get used to it. Now you are feeling how we felt when we were in charge. This is why President's gray in 8 years. Trump will be down to a faded orange in a year.
What? Are you trying to justify your ignorance? Get the fuck outta here

Color me shock but I remember quite well you love & adore Putin before Obama.
Color me shocked but I remember quit well you are retarded.

You are displaying your low life scum again but I will not lower myself to your category.
you mean raise up right?

he was elected for his policies. He is entitled to push his policies. You don't like them win a fking election.
See this is where you lose me. The fact that someone gets elected doesn't make him qualified, right, or even moral. I gave a clear, concise and factual opinion of the effect of a Trump presidency from the standpoint of someone who doesn't live in the US but has ties there. You get stuck on the fact that he was elected so he should be accepted. Like there is no such thing as accountability for one's actions. That was what both the original OP and my reply to it was about. The fact that what Trump says or does has actual consequences on how the world views America and will act accordingly.

Forum List

Back