Amazon's revenge on NY

Since the cancelling the Amazon HQ deal and near coincidental passage of draconian rent laws in summer 2019, the State and City of NY have been on a Mayor Dinkens downward death spiral. The streets and stores are empty. Retailers file for bankruptcy, employees for unemployment. We have finally arrived at the Progressive Utopia/Economic Kiss of Death.

One of the very few companies benefitting from Obama funded Wuhan flu weapon of economic mass destruction is Amazon. They're swamped! They're at full capacity will grow from here.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Amazon is enjoying their revenge on the SJW running NY to Third World status
View attachment 340058
Conspiracy Theory? After going to a Broadway show tonight are you going to eat at 21 Club? Or the Get Down?
Non Sequitur notwithstanding; yes, it's a conspiracy theory.

I'm not sure what part is the conspiracy theory.

That amazon is doing well, even after being kicked out of New York... or that NYC is doing badly right now.

The fact that sales at Amazon have increased dramatically is documented.

The damage to NYC economy is also well documented.

So, which part is the conspiracy theory again?
You read the OP and you are sure which part is the conspiracy theory?

Seriously?

Sure. Which part?

Since the cancelling the Amazon HQ deal and near coincidental passage of draconian rent laws in summer 2019, the State and City of NY have been on a Mayor Dinkens downward death spiral. The streets and stores are empty. Retailers file for bankruptcy, employees for unemployment. We have finally arrived at the Progressive Utopia/Economic Kiss of Death.

One of the very few companies benefitting from Obama funded Wuhan flu weapon of economic mass destruction is Amazon. They're swamped! They're at full capacity will grow from here.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Amazon is enjoying their revenge on the SJW running NY to Third World status

NY will survive. In fact, it looks like Amazon came back. BTW, you got a link to back up this claim? Cause I ain't finding one.
Amazon will open a new office in New York, less than a year after dropping plans for HQ2

They're NOT opening a HQ in NY!

View attachment 340058

Is that a conspiracy theory? Or just an acknowledgment of cosmic karma?
It's a conspiracy theory.

Next time I call in sick, I'll tell them I don't need a note, it's a conspiracy.

You need a note to call in sick?

Where do you work?
At the morgue. He’s very busy.
Seems to have plenty of time for posting.....?
He’s lazy that way.

It could be one of the consequences of this shut down is that fucking psychopath Bezos becomes a trillionaire. Now that’s really fucked up.

That said, I’ve been an Amazon Prime member since 2004. It is an amazing service. I’m old enough to remember when ordering something (mail order) and delivery took 8-12 weeks.

As much as people love to shit on the guy behind Amazon, the service is amazing. I bought a Kindle Fire when they first came out, and it had some sort of battery problem. I spent maybe five minutes talking to a rep online, and had a new Kindle two days later.
Wealth is political power in our world. This crazed asshole may well be the most powerful man alive, yet no one elected him. The consequences could be terrifying.

Could Jeff Bezos really become the world's first trillionaire by 2026?

NY will survive. In fact, it looks like Amazon came back. BTW, you got a link to back up this claim? Cause I ain't finding one.
Amazon will open a new office in New York, less than a year after dropping plans for HQ2

The leased office space, is entirely different thing. You are comparing Apples and Oranges here.

It's like this... Say you own two plots of land. One is huge and empty, the other has a garage on it.

A customer comes and says "Hey I'll invest a $100 Million, and build a large complex on the huge empty plot, if you'll give me a discount on the lease."

And you agree, people cry, and the deal is canceled.

Then that customer comes back and says "I'll lease the garage for $100/month". You agree, and now people are like "See you didn't need the discount!".

Amazon is not building a second HQ in NYC, that would have been a billion dollars worth of investment into a section of New York that needed jobs, and investment.

Instead, they are leasing an existing building.

They are not getting a tax abatement, because they are investing nothing. They are just leasing an existing building.

Massive massive difference.

However, even in this, AOC is baffling.

Even so, in a separate tweet, Ocasio-Cortez argued the 25,000 job Amazon promised “was a 10-20 year fantasy” rather than a firm commitment.

So even with the much fewer jobs being created, AOC is down playing it. Wouldn't you up play more jobs for your constituency?

It's almost like Democrats relish the idea of their supporters being homeless and unemployed.
I really don't get it.

Forum List

Back