Amazon & Unions...

Apologies if there are already any threads on this; didn't see one.

Good to see that Amazon workers in Bessemer, Alabama told the union to piss off:

Alabama Amazon workers vote overwhelmingly against a union

Unions are a disease, and we don't need them. This is good news, and it's good to see the overwhelming rejection by Amazon warehouse workers...
Free people are voting to stay free. Once you unionize, you are enslaved to that union forever. The union elites make millions of dollars, living off the dues of the workers, who get shafted every time with broken promises.

The Amazon workers don't want better pay and benefits.With 6th grade educations who can blame them.

While driving last night, I was listening to NPR. A woman who was interviewed, who voted against the union, explained that the union wasn't offering anything that Amazon doesn't already offer them. Warehouse workers start at $15 an hour, which is a lot more than a lot of people make...

When people take a job, they agree to the terms of their employment. Then they join a union to change the terms of their employment?

Unions may have had a purpose at one time, before labor laws. But now they exist for the malcontents.

The Amazon workers don't want better pay and benefits.With 6th grade educations who can blame them.

What makes you think that the RWDSU would be able to deliver on their promises of riches to the Amazon Associates in Alabama? The folks in Bessemer didn't think so, and they are the ones on the ground.

Free people are voting to stay free. Once you unionize, you are enslaved to that union forever. The union elites make millions of dollars, living off the dues of the workers, who get shafted every time with broken promises.

Sounds like you’ve dealt with people making poor choices in electing their Union leadership. I’ve worked my current job as a Contractor (5 years), a Non-Represented employee (2 years) and as a Union employee (13 years). There is NO situation where I would ever choose to work for my employer again as a Non-Represened/Management employee. Not even as a Supervisor or Manager.

[QUOTE="Polishprince, post: 26903365,]
I'm sure you won't be the one to hear them anyhow, complaints will go to Amazon management.[/QUOTE]

...Who will ignore them without any form of appeal or review available to the employees.

If a company treats their people right, a union is unnecessary...

Exactly. Unfortunately most large companies are not necessarily treating their employees properly.

That was why my fellow Engineers and Designers moved to Unionize in 2007... we could see what the company was looking to do TO US in their upcoming “Transformation “ initiative. By Unionizing we were able to have a say in that process and mitigate much if the damage the Company was about to do to itself and us.

Apologies if there are already any threads on this; didn't see one.

Good to see that Amazon workers in Bessemer, Alabama told the union to piss off:

Alabama Amazon workers vote overwhelmingly against a union

Unions are a disease, and we don't need them. This is good news, and it's good to see the overwhelming rejection by Amazon warehouse workers...
Amazon has a very healthy pay and benefits package for its employees and the vote showed employee appreciation.

There is no better pay or benefits with unions. I was underpaid as a Electronic/Pneumatic technician in a steam fitters union. Once i left, i was payed 20 dollars more an hour.

If a company treats their people right, a union is unnecessary...

Exactly. Unfortunately most large companies are not necessarily treating their employees properly.

That was why my fellow Engineers and Designers moved to Unionize in 2007... we could see what the company was looking to do TO US in their upcoming “Transformation “ initiative. By Unionizing we were able to have a say in that process and mitigate much if the damage the Company was about to do to itself and us.
If a large company doesnt pay their employee's properly, then the employee can find a better job, or gets skills that make them better....I was worth a lot more getting skills to work on an F-15 than i was for making burgers and fries......

If a large company doesnt pay their employee's properly, then the employee can find a better job, or gets skills that make them better....

That's not always an option, for one reason or another. Especially in a less than wonderful economy.

I’ve been with my current employer for 20 years. My institutional knowledge is worth far more than any certifications I could acquire in AutoCAD or ESRI/Smallworld.

I was worth a lot more getting skills to work on an F-15 than i was for making burgers and fries......

Very true, but if I’m a McDonalds manager I’m not paying you more to drop fries just because you have a degree or can repair the premier interceptor aircraft in the world.

If a large company doesnt pay their employee's properly, then the employee can find a better job, or gets skills that make them better....

That's not always an option, for one reason or another. Especially in a less than wonderful economy.

I’ve been with my current employer for 20 years. My institutional knowledge is worth far more than any certifications I could acquire in AutoCAD or ESRI/Smallworld.

I was worth a lot more getting skills to work on an F-15 than i was for making burgers and fries......

Very true, but if I’m a McDonalds manager I’m not paying you more to drop fries just because you have a degree or can repair the premier interceptor aircraft in the world.
Down here in Floor E, Da. an entry level McD's employee starts at $12 an hour. Buc-ees employees start at $15. Why do you suppose those wages are being paid down here? Entry Level....

I dont expect you to either, that was why i ended up going to Saudi Arabia for 5 1/2 years earning $70,000 a year all tax free. The money is out there, but you sure cant stay in your comfort zone and make the money. With Risks comes Rewards...

[QUOTE="Polishprince, post: 26903365,]
I'm sure you won't be the one to hear them anyhow, complaints will go to Amazon management.

...Who will ignore them without any form of appeal or review available to the employees.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, most large companies have processes in place to review individual complaints of employees and resolve them.

Forum List

Back