Amazon demands in-person union vote after arguing mail-in ballots ‘raise risk of fraud’

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Who would have imagined that?

Surprise! Mail-in ballots raise the risk of fraud - according to Amazon.

The world’s largest online retailer said that a mail election raised the risk of fraud and the coercion of workers. It also said the process would depress turnout, arguing that as many as 29% of its more than 5,800 employees eligible to vote wouldn’t do so or would return incorrectly completed ballots. –Bloomberg
The solution, according to Amazon? Hold the election in a heated tent in the facility’s parking lot in conjunction with software designed to ensure social distancing. The NLRB says conditions are too dangerous for in-person voting, and that acquiescing to Amazon’s demands might give workers the impression that government employees conducting the vote might be receiving inappropriate benefits from the company.

“The most important factors in my decision are the safety of all election participants and the enfranchisement of all voters,” wrote the NLRB’s acting regional director in the Board’s decision, adding “Both of these factors weigh in favor of a mail ballot election.”

The world’s largest online retailer said that a mail election raised the risk of fraud and the coercion of workers. It also said the process would depress turnout, arguing that as many as 29% of its more than 5,800 employees eligible to vote wouldn’t do so or would return incorrectly completed ballots. –Bloomberg
The solution, according to Amazon? Hold the election in a heated tent in the facility’s parking lot in conjunction with software designed to ensure social distancing. The NLRB says conditions are too dangerous for in-person voting, and that acquiescing to Amazon’s demands might give workers the impression that government employees conducting the vote might be receiving inappropriate benefits from the company.

“The most important factors in my decision are the safety of all election participants and the enfranchisement of all voters,” wrote the NLRB’s acting regional director in the Board’s decision, adding “Both of these factors weigh in favor of a mail ballot election.”

Jesus wasn't Amazon pushing for all those mail in ballots??

That is exactly why Amazon fears the use of Dominion machines and the mail in ballot. Bezos was a part of the Nationl Stolen Election....

That is exactly why Amazon fears the use of Dominion machines and the mail in ballot. Bezos was a part of the Nationl Stolen Election....

Them and how many others???

No. no. I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY from the 50 or so leftwing crackpots here that mail in ballots are 100% secure and safe! No problemo!

KammyGap Spreader.jpg

Yo Jeff! How many times has your very own news rag blasted anyone who dared question mail-in voting halfway to hell? Now that it impacts YOUR bottom line, why do you suddenly object to mail-in ballots?

Show us.

Show us.

No. I asked a question about Amazon. If you want to know if its true or not. Look it up.

Show us.

No. I asked a question about Amazon. If you want to know if its true or not. Look it up.
I did. Couldnt find anywhere that Amazon was for mail in voting. Now wondering about why the OP is there.

Show us.

I did. Couldnt find anywhere that Amazon was for mail in voting. Now wondering about why the OP is there.

Did you check what the owner wanted to do?? He's no Trump fan.

Show us.

Smart guy but I havent heard him say anything about mail in voting either.

Show us.

Okay. Thanks. It was just something I heard.

Show us.

The Wapo, which he owns, and which follows his orders, was fully in the tank for mail in ballots.

Show us.

The Wapo, which he owns, and which follows his orders, was fully in the tank for mail in ballots.
Show me where Wapo supports mail in ballots for union business.

Show us.

Doh! Moving the goalposts again you little twat!

Show us.

Doh! Moving the goalposts again you little twat!
So you cant find where Wapo supported mail in ballots for union business but you tried to compare it to a presidential election?

Forum List

Back