Alternative to PC jail?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Austrian politician prosecuted for 'inciting hatred' online, agrees to therapy in attempt to avoid jail time

So this Austrian politician says something that was not PC and considered hate speech. I believe he called an advertisement of two gay men holding a baby as "garbage" and referred to the darker skinned man using the "N" word. But according to the article, there is an alternative to jail for such outbursts. Apparently you can take classes to avoid jail.

Are indoctrination schools better?

My friends in Australia put out a video the other day about how it is rapidly becoming a police state.

My friends in Australia put out a video the other day about how it is rapidly becoming a police state.

Rapidly becoming?

If you are jailed just for expressing your views then you live in a police state.

Rapidly becoming?

If you are jailed just for expressing your views then you live in a police state.
It is more noticeable for them at this point. Previously they were watching and fighting for the rights of the indigenous people to be treated more humanly. Now they are finding out more each day that they are also being targeted.

Rapidly becoming?

It is more noticeable for them at this point. Previously they were watching and fighting for the rights of the indigenous people to be treated more humanly. Now they are finding out more each day that they are also being targeted.

Requiring "equality" and "fairness" and "civility" for everything and for everyone is perhaps the most oppressive type of state imaginable

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”
― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology

I agree you cannot take anything by force and expect civility. Life isn't fair (or seems that away) as we are all individuals at different levels. That is why it just irritates me to no end to hear this "herd immunity" type bullshit as if we are all owned by a government entity for the collective. We need laws no doubt but this thinking that they can control someones thoughts and emotions by forcing people in to doing the 'right thing' is total crap. The lord gave/gives everyone the freedom to choose 'that which is good'. The violent take it by forcing submission.

I agree you cannot take anything by force and expect civility. Life isn't fair (or seems that away) as we are all individuals at different levels. That is why it just irritates me to no end to hear this "herd immunity" type bullshit as if we are all owned by a government entity for the collective. We need laws no doubt but this thinking that they can control someones thoughts and emotions by forcing people in to doing the 'right thing' is total crap. The lord gave/gives everyone the freedom to choose 'that which is good'. The violent take it by forcing submission.
It's not even a demand for civility from everyone, it's only a demand for civility regarding opponents of the Swamp.

As Hillary said, they can be civil ONLY if the Dims win the House.

We now see that was a lie the way she acted at the funeral.

Just think the democrats here are so stupid they can't even figure out this is the exact system they want for the US . Yes you all are that pathetically stupid it's incredible.

It appears he does need therapy, but it shouldn't mandated by the government.

Forum List

Back