Alright you maggots! Fall out for police call!

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
"No one is here to baby you! Your mommy can't help you now! You belong to us! We're going to make men out of you!

Now pick up all the cigarette butts and paper on the ground. I don't want to see nothing but assholes and elbows!!"

Anyone remember that? I remember getting off the bus at Ft. Leonard Wood in 1971 and thinking "What the hell have I gotten myself into?" The Drill Instructor was a huge muscular black guy who was yelling at everyone. When I exited the bus, I looked at him. He yelled at me "Don't you look at me or I'll snatch a knot in your ass."

I was skeered but after weeks of abuse, he turned out to be a decent feller. I even saw him crack a smile when were were going to graduate to AIT. And yes, I would go through that again.

"I'll snatch a knot in your ass."

Man, I wouldn't even want to know what's involved in that.

I got off the bus at Recruit Training Command, Orlando on January 20, 1980. My thoughts were pretty much the same as yours, and I remember thinking I'd really, really fucked up.

Ended up doing 20, and not even the hint of a single regret...

I remember a similar experience in San Diego when I joined the Navy except it happened at the airport and lasted all the way to the base- this ass wipe was standing in front of us hollering and cussing and telling us not to because there were women on the base- 1030 at night- I remember thinking WTF?
No, I wouldn't do it again knowing what I know now.

I remember a similar experience in San Diego when I joined the Navy except it happened at the airport and lasted all the way to the base- this ass wipe was standing in front of us hollering and cussing and telling us not to because there were women on the base- 1030 at night- I remember thinking WTF?
No, I wouldn't do it again knowing what I know now.

Hell, you could damn near walk to RTC San Diego from the airport...

"Haze" gray, no doubt!
Yessir! On board ship we mixed in some Prussian Blue machinist paste to give it an almost pastel effect- made it last longer too- one time out in the South China Sea we had to clean up our work areas because an Admiral was coming aboard and was going to inspect work spaces- man ,we had to repaint everything in After Auxiliary-
He DIDN"T come down there! Damn his eyes anyway.

Remember it well....After being drafted in 72, I had Basic training in Fort Knox and AIT at Fort Leonard Wood. If you saw Stripes you saw vintage Fort Knox Basic Training

I got off the bus at Recruit Training Command, Orlando on January 20, 1980. My thoughts were pretty much the same as yours, and I remember thinking I'd really, really fucked up.

I knew what I was in for from the get go. Did you not have freinds that were there before you? That was the easy life if ya ask me. They tell ya to do some thing you do it. Simple. Did not bother me much. I actually kinda liked it there. I was at fort polk. The food was fucking awesome there. I tore that lunch and breakfast up boy. We had cajjun cooks and that shit was to die for. About the only thing I did not like was the fire ants.

I knew what I was in for from the get go. Did you not have freinds that were there before you?

Actually, not many. I knew a couple of locals who'd gone into the Air Force but, when they'd come home on leave we never really discussed anything about their basic training, just where they were stationed at the time and what they were doing...

I knew what I was in for from the get go. Did you not have freinds that were there before you?

Actually, not many. I knew a couple of locals who'd gone into the Air Force but, when they'd come home on leave we never really discussed anything about their basic training, just where they were stationed at the time and what they were doing...
My buddies came home with hours of stories about it. I knew exactly what to expect. Even knew most the cadences.

I knew my brother, my step dad, my dad, and at least one uncle was in the Navy- I had one step brother in the Army who was stationed in Germany- when he came home all we really talked about was the language barrier I thought would be a problem. Especially talking to girls- he told me one of the wisest things I've ever heard- sometimes words just aren't necessary- LOL

Maybe that's the difference between the Army and the Marines. Army D.I's crack a smile and turn out to be a "decent feller". Marine D.I.'s never crack a smile and never turn out to be nice guys.

Maybe that's the difference between the Army and the Marines. Army D.I's crack a smile and turn out to be a "decent feller". Marine D.I.'s never crack a smile and never turn out to be nice guys.
The D.I. school takes it out of them.

...I don't remember police call so much ...I don't think we were allowed to smoke in BootCamp 1980s......anyone USMC 80s? we only had 1 hour of '''free''' time in the evening .......

Ft Dix, NJ. Alpha Company, 4th Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment.

We are Alpha Company...
And we like to buff the floor.

Buff the floor, buff the floor...
Buff the floor all night long.

Now stop...and make some space.
Alpha company's gonna clean this place.

Aaaah-oooh strip it down - strip it down
Aaaah-oooh start it over again...

Forum List

Back