Toronto Council Member who dared to call for 10% police budget cuts, Deputy Mayor Michael Thompson charged with 2 counts of sexual assault

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
During covid he pushed for a 10% budget cut to TPS, he was able to rally almost enough votes and I remember at the time thinking, "the cult of the Creepy Ones are going to target this guy".

This makes big news in Canada and apparently the allegation are "on the lower end of the spectrum" and Thompson will plead not guilty. Just before an upcoming election naturally.

You see, unlike in the U.S, when politicians dare to speak about cuts to the bloated cult (#1 budget issue by far in Toronto and most districts) to fund housing, food for poor hungry kids programs etc, in Canada, such chatter really angers the Creepy Ones.

Of course these could be legitimate allegations worthy of criminal persecution. Paint me a skeptic, just as I was skeptical when women came out of the woodwork to make allegations against Trump.

Follow our lead at your own peril America. It will result in unintended consequences...

Toronto Deputy Mayor Michael Thompson has been charged with two counts of sexual assault, according to his lawyer.

Toronto lawyer Calvin Barry, who is representing Thompson, said the city councillor surrendered to the Ontario Provincial Police on Thursday morning and was charged in connection with an alleged incident in the Muskoka region in July.

Barry said the allegations are "baseless."

"Mr. Thompson asserts his innocence and looks forward to an early exoneration so he can move on with his life. We will defend the baseless allegations," Barry told CBC Toronto.

Barry told The Canadian Press that the charges are "on the lower end of the spectrum" and Thompson will plead not guilty.

Thompson, who represents Ward 21, Scarborough Centre, was issued a promise to appear in court. His court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1 in Bracebridge. He is seeking re-election in October's municipal election,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back