Almost twice as many Republicans than Democrats died of Covid, study says

Indeed..It could be. I'd place it as a certainty..given the relative average ages of the parties. However...the numbers appear to high for choosing not to vax to not have played a role..IMO.
It is impossible to know without delving into the data. If there happens to be twice as many people age 60 and higher that identify as republicans that there are age 60 and higher that identify as democrats, then it would be expected that a much higher percentage of republicans die of Covid than democrats since being 60 an above puts people in the high risk age group to die of covid.

At this point, I am to lazy to do the research to do that analysis.

Nurses at bedside- Wait! Don't die until you tell us who you voted for! TIA

Had you actually looked at the study, you'd know how they identified peoples' party affiliation.

This really isn't a surprise. While folks on the left were promoting masks and social distancing, folks on the right were insulting those on the left for being overly cautious. While folks on the left were getting vaccinated, folks on the right were spreading conspiracy theories about the vaccines.

It is impossible to know without delving into the data. If there happens to be twice as many people age 60 and higher that identify as republicans that there are age 60 and higher that identify as democrats, then it would be expected that a much higher percentage of republicans die of Covid than democrats since being 60 an above puts people in the high risk age group to die of covid.

At this point, I am to lazy to do the research to do that analysis.

That's a good point. Older people do lean Republican. Makes ya wonder then why they weren't more proactive in taking precautions.

Had you actually looked at the study, you'd know how they identified peoples' party affiliation.

This really isn't a surprise. While folks on the left were promoting masks and social distancing, folks on the right were insulting those on the left for being overly cautious. While folks on the left were getting vaccinated, folks on the right were spreading conspiracy theories about the vaccines.

Pfrt. I've read enough articles to make my eyes bleed. I've had enough of this shit to last me a lifetime and don't feel the need to read any more of your horseshit.

Y'all up to booster 69 yet?

They admit that THEY USED NO LEGIT METROCS you fucking ignorant baboon.

Unlike you, I AM a scientist. I can filter out bullshit real fast.

One of their lying MSM sources murmurs the word "science" and they piss themselves in the rush to gobble the bullshit down.

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views.
This, to you, qualifies as proof of you claim?
:lol:

If Maga took a hit with the election, the ridiculous fight against Covid precautions and denial, has taken a hit too.

I can see already that there's been a loss of confidence in the Maga side on all the fronts they've tried to pursue.

Arresting Dr. Fauci nonsense ideas can be now put down to a big a big guffaw!

A shrinking covey of fkn weirdos!

If Maga took a hit with the election, the ridiculous fight against Covid precautions and denial, has taken a hit too.

I can see already that there's been a loss of confidence in the Maga side on all the fronts they've tried to pursue.

Arresting Dr. Fauci nonsense ideas can be now put down to a big a big guffaw!

A shrinking covey of fkn weirdos!

Keep dreaming, C***nuck.

This should be obvious to anyone who believes in science.
Maga has been hurt for sure but it will take some time to gauge just how much.

If the Magat frustration is any indication, it's been as big as was needed to cause disruptions and frustrations.

Half of the R's in US congress have made it clear that they wanted Trump to remain silent until the dust settles.

But no doubt that Kari's loss is speaking loudly on trouble in Mudville and River City!

That girl was carrying the hopes of half a nation on her mouth.

Pfrt. I've read enough articles to make my eyes bleed. I've had enough of this shit to last me a lifetime and don't feel the need to read any more of your horseshit.

Y'all up to booster 69 yet?
Hiding your head up your ass is why you're seeing shit; but doing so, doesn't actually alter the reality you won't look at.

What a stupid thread

Yeah, Herman Cain laughs at it too.

31381726-0-image-a-19_1596129547575.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...now this should be an eye opener for some..but--it won't be.
I see this as a purely Darwinian exercise---sad but inevitable.

Political affiliation has emerged as a potential risk factor for COVID-19, amid evidence that Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat- leaning counties and evidence of a link between political party affiliation and vaccination views. This study constructs an individual-level dataset with political affiliation and excess death rates during the COVID-19 pandemic via a linkage of 2017 voter registration in Ohio and Florida to mortality data from 2018 to 2021. We estimate substantially higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared to registered Democrats, with almost all of the difference concentrated in the period after vaccines were widely available in our study states. Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate). The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available.

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused over one million deaths in the United
States [6], leading to considerable interest in identifying risk factors for COVID-19 mortality.
Political affiliation has emerged as one potentially significant risk factor, amid evidence that
Republican-leaning counties have had higher COVID-19 death rates than Democrat-leaning
counties [11, 14]. But it is unknown whether this county-level association — which may be
subject to the ecological fallacy [12] — persists at the individual level. Prior research has also
established differences in vaccination attitudes and social distancing based on political party
affiliation [1, 9, 2, 8, 13], but it has been more difficult thus far to establish corresponding
links to health outcomes due to data limitations. This study overcomes that challenge by
linking voter registration data in Ohio and Florida to mortality data to assess the individual-
level association between political party affiliation and excess mortality during the COVID-19
pandemic. We estimate higher excess death rates for registered Republicans when compared
to registered Democrats after vaccines were widely available — and not before — and these
differences were concentrated in counties with lower vaccination rates.
Weird. I remember them repeatedly telling us it was people of color dropping like flies from covid, not the usual killing each other.

Last edited:
No, EVIDENCE other than a guess made on the voter rolls of two states.

This so called study is the equivalent of the burning bush, moron.
They literally correlated deaths with their political party lifted from their voter registration.

Not sure how much more accurate they're going to get.

Forum List

Back