Alliances mean nothing to Trump

Then why do we still have an opioid crisis?

Because the current status quo leaves large segments of our population behind, even as macro economic numbers improve.

That has been discussed with you before. DId you forget, or were you just pretending to not know that?
So how do you fix that? The issue isn’t trade imbalances, it is much deeper. Ever read Hillbilly Elegy?

You people keep saying trade imbalances don't matter.

If that is true, that give US what we want. It won't fix anything and after that is demonstrated, we can all move on.
Who said they don’t matter?

Tons of you anti-Trump people.
Can you be a bit more specific?

The problem with it is neither trade nor alliances are simple binaries.

Our biggest trade issues are with China and it is less with dumping then with closed markets and intellectual property requirements. Since we aren’t alone in this, it would have made more sense to tackle the biggest trade issue first with an alliance of countries to put more pressure on China. Kinda killed that option though didn’t he?

You don’t just give foreign leaders what they want if it goes against your interests.

Giving Trump what he wants, in the short term, to save the alliance, especially as you guys keep insisting that the deficits don't matter and the jobs losses were caused by automation,

would be in their nation's long term interests.

Come on. You know why they won't do it.

Say it. SAY IT.

What are they and you so terrified of?
Say what? You clearly have something in mind so spit it out.

YOu know that it will work.

You and they know, that if we change the trade policies to give back to America, that our middle class and working poor will benefit hugely.

Wages will rise. Whole communities will come back to life.

Meanwhile our shitty allies, will have real problems as the money train is cut off. They will have to fix issues they were papering over with our money.
I don’t think so. That is looking backwards not forwards. Those high paying industrial jobs are not going to come back they way they once did, paying what they once did. Communities need to focus on bringing in new industries and training new skills.

If that was true, you would be MORE willing to give it to Trump, not less.
You get the prize for the greatest number of logical distortions in one thread.

What does opioids have to do with Europe?

Such risk taking behavior is greatly increased by economic stress.

But you knew that.

So, wtf was that about?

Because the current status quo leaves large segments of our population behind, even as macro economic numbers improve.

That has been discussed with you before. DId you forget, or were you just pretending to not know that?
Again

What is Fat Donnie doing about it?

Does he think slashing healthcare will help life expectancy?

Hopefully once he is done trying to negotiate with these assholes, he will put down the Tariff hammer.

President TRump is the first President in generations to even try to address these people's interests.

Why are you so hostile to them? What did they ever do to you?
Tariffs hurt the US
Who pays for them?

The country or the consumer ?

But you knew that.

So, wtf was that about?

Again

Hopefully once he is done trying to negotiate with these assholes, he will put down the Tariff hammer.

President TRump is the first President in generations to even try to address these people's interests.

Tariffs hurt the US
Who pays for them?

The workers of industry that lose their jobs and their homes pay for them............

Again

Who is hostile to them? Since when is disputing Trumps trade policy hostility to people?

RW is. Very much so.

SInce RW has been against white people, for quite some time. In all their sub sets EXCEPT maybe white guilt filled white liberals like himself.
Such a Drama Queen

So how do you fix that? The issue isn’t trade imbalances, it is much deeper. Ever read Hillbilly Elegy?

If that is true, that give US what we want. It won't fix anything and after that is demonstrated, we can all move on.

If I spent the time to go though the site, gathering examples.

And or did a google search of more prominent anti-Trumpers.

Giving Trump what he wants, in the short term, to save the alliance, especially as you guys keep insisting that the deficits don't matter and the jobs losses were caused by automation,

would be in their nation's long term interests.

Come on. You know why they won't do it.

Say it. SAY IT.

What are they and you so terrified of?
Say what? You clearly have something in mind so spit it out.

YOu know that it will work.

You and they know, that if we change the trade policies to give back to America, that our middle class and working poor will benefit hugely.

Wages will rise. Whole communities will come back to life.

Meanwhile our shitty allies, will have real problems as the money train is cut off. They will have to fix issues they were papering over with our money.
I don’t think so. That is looking backwards not forwards. Those high paying industrial jobs are not going to come back they way they once did, paying what they once did. Communities need to focus on bringing in new industries and training new skills.

You get the prize for the greatest number of logical distortions in one thread.

No, I pointed out a logical distortion in YOUR position.

Don't go all goofy on me.

But you knew that.

So, wtf was that about?

Again

Tariffs hurt the US
Who pays for them?

"Free Trade" as it is practiced now, is badly hurting the US, NOW.

Again

Who is hostile to them? Since when is disputing Trumps trade policy hostility to people?

RW is. Very much so.

SInce RW has been against white people, for quite some time. In all their sub sets EXCEPT maybe white guilt filled white liberals like himself.
Such a Drama Queen

Your vision of the future of this nation, which you have shared with us, is pretty dramatic.

And it is dishonest of you to pretend it is not.

If I spent the time to go though the site, gathering examples.

And or did a google search of more prominent anti-Trumpers.
OK, instead of tons it is none. Same thing only different.

Again

Tariffs hurt the US
Who pays for them?

"Free Trade" as it is practiced now, is badly hurting the US, NOW.
Actually, we are better off

Trump creating trade wars will hurt the consumers

Alliances are national friendships. I got your back, you got mine
You are stronger as a group than as an individual

Consider Trump has never had any friends in his life. It is all about him.....what is in it for me?

As a result, he is isolating our country. We are no longer respected, no longer trusted

Putin is celebrating
This is the neo-isolationism Trump sycophants voted for – to cut ties with ‘worthless’ allies and ‘useless’ alliances. illustrating the ignorance and stupidity of Trump and his supporters.

Consider Trump has never had any friends in his life. It is all about him.....what is in it for me?

As a result, he is isolating our country. We are no longer respected, no longer trusted

Putin is celebrating

That's really not true at all. The people in America's top ally in the world, the Children of Israel, love the Donald.

Ditto with other close allies like the Philippines and Hungary. Everyone agrees that the President deserves the Nobel Prize for his work in Korea, although Trump himself is to humble to mention it himself.

Putin is celebrating

And apparently, America means nothing to you.

With what country do our ultimate loyalties lie? America. Who was the president elected to serve? America. What country is he in Singapore right now getting ready to negotiate for the safety and security for? America.

If you think we should simply let our so called allies step all over us, you're sorely mistaken. I want an equal playing field too. Funny how you'll fight for an equal playing field between the rich and the poor, but won't fight for one for America on the world stage regarding trade.

As far as you're concerned, as long as any Republican is in the White House, you will always believe we are no longer respected in the world.

What would you rather have? Respect from the world? Or respect from your people?

Out.

Putin is celebrating
Trump's alliance to russia and china mean a great deal to him and his family business.

Putin is celebrating

Respect for America has been little to none throughout our history...

Sure America had her moment after World War II but then Korea and Vietnam happen after that it has been downhill since!

If you really study history you will even realize our Allies like France and others only respect us when we scratch their back and let be honest it was not respect but smoke up our ass...

As for Canada, well yes she has been there and to lose her would be horrible but Canadians know Trump is a ass and will be gone soon enough...
One thing we have learned since WWII is the value of alliances. They have helped prevent another world war
Trump can not resolve the Korean situation on his own. He must maintain the support of our allies
Now is not the time to go it alone

China and Russia fought for NK in Korean War, but Trump is pro China and Russia.
He is? Trump is pro USA, which you obviously are not.

Putin is celebrating

Respect for America has been little to none throughout our history...

Sure America had her moment after World War II but then Korea and Vietnam happen after that it has been downhill since!

If you really study history you will even realize our Allies like France and others only respect us when we scratch their back and let be honest it was not respect but smoke up our ass...

As for Canada, well yes she has been there and to lose her would be horrible but Canadians know Trump is a ass and will be gone soon enough...
One thing we have learned since WWII is the value of alliances. They have helped prevent another world war
Trump can not resolve the Korean situation on his own. He must maintain the support of our allies
Now is not the time to go it alone

China and Russia fought for NK in Korean War, but Trump is pro China and Russia.
He is? Trump is pro USA, which you obviously are not.

He sure is. Over and above American he puts himself first.

'Fair trade now fool trade', Trump vents anger on NATO allies, Trudeau
Fair trade is now to be called fool trade if it is not reciprocal,” said Trump

Why Business Should Be 'Terrified' After Trump's Comments on Trade

Apparently Fair & Free trades are a tad misunderstood

Fair trade is a social movement>
10 PRINCIPLES OF FAIR TRADE

Free trade flys in the face of Fair trade>
Free trade - Wikipedia

America's globalists sold out this countries manufacturing jobs via free trade or what is the free market allowing them to prostitute foreign labor a generation ago. Even automation can't compete with that.

3 Types of Free Trade Agreements and How They Work

Free trade ,or that which exists w/o protectants like VAT, ended up in the coffers of the 1% here, not the 99%.

We literally went from a lender to debtor nation via free trade, our GND now exceeds our GNP

But one factors in the insanely inordinate 1% 'pot of free trade gold' , and it all looks great on paper economically.

Unfortunately this isn't something we can turn on/off like some switch. The economic and social damage has a global interconnectability raft with foreign policy alliances and flip side sanctions.

The world is tying it's best to explain this to Trump
angela-merkel-g7-2018.jpg

~S~

W

Putin is celebrating

Wow....does it hurt much when you talk out of your ass like that? Trump has never had any friends? Really? Our country is isolated.....? You mean the way just made the move to end tariffs, and to get the allies to fork up their share of defending their countries.....? Getting dead beat, welfare leach countries to actually pull their weight is not being respected? I would think that being the sucker for decades as those "allies" take our money and show us no respect is the actual problem...but then again, you are a left winger, and therefore really stupid...so you don't know anything....
Crooked Donnie has played into Putin’s hands

Breaking up the western alliance

If the alliance is so important, then why don't they give Trump what he wants?

He'll be gone in 4 or 8 years and things can go back to normal.

What's the problem?
why doesn’t he give them what they want?

Because he ran on getting better trade deal, ie reducing the Trade Deficit.

So, I answered your question.

Why don't they give him what he wants? Or is the alliance not important to them?

He ran on being a negotiator, the man who can make a deal. Well we seen what kind of deal he can make, NO DEAL.

Forum List

Back