Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

"Revisionist History" is what Republicans do.

So why is the Republican Party 90% white and what happened in the 60's to make it so.

Make it good. We're waiting. :popcorn:
This has been explained to you repeatedly. But you're more interested in bitterly clinging to your leftist programming.

Instead of saying its been explained, you could've used the same number of keystrokes to explain it. But you didnt...not a coincidence
Speaking of idiot leftists and their idiot programming...

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Run along now, pig.

The liberal position is an all-powerful federal government

And how is that different than what the Republicans were endorsing in the Civil War? It was the Democrats who were championing the small federal government and state level governance in those days. The Republicans were focused on federal governance. It was the Republican President Abraham Lincoln who assumed for himself the unilateral power to declare war, which is explicitly given to Congress in the constitution. Lincoln was the ultimate power hawk.

And the founders, founded this country on individual liberty and G-d given rights "Interpretations of the Bible" that comment just shows your stupidity of the conservative movement

Oh please, spare me the BS about the country being founded on biblical doctrines.

Where is the "individual freedom" in the federal government dictating to you your personal labor policies? Where is the "individual freedom" of the federal government telling you what to do with your property? Where is the "individual liberty" in the federal government telling a person how to run their business?

All liberal practices what was the question again?

Exactly! Liberal positions, which were also the positions of the Republicans during the Civil War era. The Democrats were the conservative party of the time, championing non-interference from the federal government, leaving issues to be dealt with at the state level.

Wrong… Democrats wanted the federal government to keep people enslaved the federal government forced people back into slavery, it was the federal government, the Supreme Court who upheld laws against Liberty the liberty of African Americans. Democrats have always been against liberty, as they are today.

Finally, in 1854, the first state high court declared the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 to be unconstitutional. The state of Wisconsin ruled in favor of abolitionist Sherman Booth, who had helped slave Joshua Glover escape to safety. Unfortunately, the United States Supreme Court eventually overturned this ruling, declaring the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 to be constitutional and upholding the law. This political move frustrated the abolitionists, even those who considered themselves to be less extreme.

Famous abolitionist Harriet Tubman worked hard to make the Underground Railroad a successful way for fugitive slaves to find their way to freedom. Canada was encouraged as a safe haven for escaping slaves, and once they crossed the borders, they were welcomed as free citizens, making this the primary destination for those trying to break free from the bonds of slavery and imprisonment. Those opposed to the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 were forced to confront their beliefs and decide whether or not to follow the law and report or detain those escaping slavery.

As the Civil War approached, more and more Northern citizens began to oppose the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 and further assist those escaping to find freedom. Because the South decided to ‘secede’ from the union, the North became even more committed to helping slaves find freedom, and it seemed to become easier for those citizens to break the law to help the slaves.

The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 is seen as one of the pivotal events that led up to the Civil War, which began in 1865. By strengthening the earlier Fugitive Slave Act of 1793, the later laws further pressured citizens to take sides regarding the issue of slavery. Tensions between the North and South quickly increased, leading to the eventual secession of the South and the ensuing Civil War.

Though initially considered to be a ‘compromise’ and intended to lessen the tensions between the North and South, the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 ultimately served as a vehicle to fight against slavery. Common citizens rebelled against their supposed responsibilities to return slaves to their masters, and resisted the punishments handed down. By polarizing the nation in such a way, the Fugitive Slave Act became a powerful tool in the years and months leading up to the Civil War, by enlightening many citizens (both Northern and Southern) and helped to form future laws that eliminated slavery and protected the freedoms of all citizens

If the Republicans are so gung ho about equal rights, riddle me this.........

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

So true.

The republican party changed and continues to change, consider too their constant criticism of Affirmative action after 300 years of discrimination. If there is any thing that gives you a clear idea of which party supports all people of all colors etc etc, it is the party they vote for. The stats give a lie to West's cherry picking of history.

Affirmative Action is racist I can understand some favoritism based on economic circumstances but based on Race is racists

And the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

No, it did not get more GOP votes

The original House version:[13]
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[14]
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version:[13]
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong.

Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes than Democrat "yes" votes.

what the first person said...
the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

what the second person said...
No, it did not get more GOP votes.

what you said...
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong. Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes.

Great point by Rep West on Republican contributions to civil rights

He just needs to remind voters that all those Republicans have been driven out of the party

Great point by Rep West on Republican contributions to civil rights

He just needs to remind voters that all those Republicans have been driven out of the party

pretty much. as much as people don't want to admit it, there was a huge change in the two parties during the Vietnam era.

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube[/url

Read More:
[url]http://biggovernment.com/whall/2012/02/19/rep-allen-west-delivers-epic-speech-on-gops-proud-history-of-fighting-for-black-equality/

I'm not going to watch that.

Does he try to claim credit for modern day Republicans for things they had nothing to do with,

or is admonishing the GOP to get back to being the party it used to be?

This has been explained to you repeatedly. But you're more interested in bitterly clinging to your leftist programming.

Instead of saying its been explained, you could've used the same number of keystrokes to explain it. But you didnt...not a coincidence
Speaking of idiot leftists and their idiot programming...

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Run along now, pig.

No one believes that you are posting multiple posts but pretend you dont have the time to enlighten us all about why the repubs are 90% white. Stamping your feet is not an answer Dave, but then, you know that already

Why is it that the reddest states (southern) are the ones that are the most bigoted?

So true.

The republican party changed and continues to change, consider too their constant criticism of Affirmative action after 300 years of discrimination. If there is any thing that gives you a clear idea of which party supports all people of all colors etc etc, it is the party they vote for. The stats give a lie to West's cherry picking of history.

Affirmative Action is racist I can understand some favoritism based on economic circumstances but based on Race is racists

Jeez...I wish you guys would at least LOOK UP the definition of the word racist. You wouldnt look so stupid

He is such a racist.

Right, USMB lefties?

Yes, he is a racist
Do you even know what it means? It DOESN'T mean "anything leftists don't like".

You're welcome.

I would say that somebody who claims blacks are so dumb that they need a latter day Harriet Tubman if they want to change parties is a racist. Also somebody who holds that blacks don't really know what they're doing when they vote, they only vote that way because somebody told them to. That too is racist

And the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

No, it did not get more GOP votes

The original House version:[13]
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[14]
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
The Senate version:[13]
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong.

Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes than Democrat "yes" votes.

No I'm not kidding. Maybe you need to learn some basic math, like the fact that higher percentage doesn't always mean higher number. If you look at the CRA purely from a Democratic Republican perspective, which is silly because it wasn't split on that grounds, then yes the Republicans voted for it at a higher percentage. But if you look at it from a regional perspective, which is logical because the split was regional, then the Democrats voted for it at a higher percentage.

The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

Only 7% of southern Democrats in the House and 5% of southern Democrats in the Senate voted yes. On the southern Republican side it was even worse at 0% in both chambers. Not one single yes vote by southern Republicans

On the northern side the numbers are 94% and 98% on the Democratic side and 85% and 84% on the Republican side

One final note on the numbers, because I'm always amazed, shocked even, when cons claim that the 1964 Civil Rights act was divided by party and not by region. I don't know how accurate these numbers are because the House has more members and I got them by adding the four numbers and then dividing by four but it has to be pretty close I would say, plus the difference is so vast that there's lots of room for error.
3% of the south voted yes. 90% of the north voted yes

Last edited:
Yes, he is a racist
Do you even know what it means? It DOESN'T mean "anything leftists don't like".

You're welcome.

...Also somebody who holds that blacks don't really know what they're doing when they vote, they only vote that way because somebody told them to. That too is racist.

I don't know about racist (I'll let you guys discuss that). But it's a guaranteed way to alienate a whole group of people.

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube[/url

Read More:
[url]http://biggovernment.com/whall/2012/02/19/rep-allen-west-delivers-epic-speech-on-gops-proud-history-of-fighting-for-black-equality/

Does he try to claim credit for modern day Republicans for things they had nothing to do with,

Of course you're not going to watch it. You enjoy being ignorant & lazy. Ignorance is Bliss.

Read More:

Of course you're not going to watch it. You enjoy being ignorant & lazy. Ignorance is Bliss.

I think that every Republican should be forced to watch that video so they can be reminded what the party once stood for

I think that every Republican should be forced to watch that video so they can be reminded what the party once stood for

Yeah, but you're a programmed Obama-Bot. So you would say that huh? You nutter-bots are just funny now. :)

So true.

It's an interesting thing about modern day Republicans. It seems like the only time they really see racism is when they think white people are the victims of it.

So true.

It's an interesting thing about modern day Republicans. It seems like the only time they really see racism is when they think white people are the victims of it.

And there you have it, the only other time they see racism is when a black conservative is questioned. Like Ann Coulter said, I guess their blacks are more worthy than other blacks

/end thread

Yeah, but you're a programmed Obama-Bot. So you would say that huh? You nutter-bots are just funny now. :)

RW is just expressing his views on his version of liberty, it comes at the point of a gun.

Allen West trying to give himself and modern day Republicans credit for what Republicans in the past accomplished

is like Frank Sinatra Jr. trying to take credit for his father's accomplishments.

Forum List

Back