Alex Jones Ordered To Pay $4.1 Million In Compensatory Damages. Punitive Damage Amount To Come Tomorrow. Bad Week For Conservatives Only Gets Worse

My understanding is that puntative damages are capped at twice compensitory damages. I hope I'm wrong, and would appreciate any credible information that shows different.
I guess I just don’t understand how that’s the “rich keeping down the poor man”.

I guess I just don’t understand how that’s the “rich keeping down the poor man”.
The purpose is to limit punative damages. Extremely rarely do working folks have to even consider paying punitive damages. It's a common concern for the rich and corporations. Capping them is directly pandering to the rich. It's a way of saying no matter how egredious the offense was, they will only have to pay a minimal amount.

Does anyone know what exactly he’s been found guilty of? I’m not a big fan of his or anything, but if it’s just for expressing an opinion on his show, I doubt these verdicts will stand up under appeal.

Does anyone know what exactly he’s been found guilty of? I’m not a big fan of his or anything, but if it’s just for expressing an opinion on his show, I doubt these verdicts will stand up under appeal.
Don't know. Not even familiar with the guy.

Don't know. Not even familiar with the guy.
He's kinda nutty, talking about lizard people and such. I've never listened to him beyond a snippet here and there. Even though he is considered right wing, I think his nuttiness is more detriment than asset.

He called the Sandy Hook massacre fake, essentially calling the parents liars and putting them in the crosshairs of crazy conspiracy theorists. He claimed he was only stating his opinion, but was convicted for insisting they were facts and defaming the parents.

Last edited:

The poor will never have to make out huge payments because they'll never have this money, and in all probability will never get in that situation in the first place.
The rich are making sure that if they get caught, they don't suffer too much. Always have.

Why do you think Trump didn't go after Hillary? "lock her up" could easily be "lock him up"

That's gonna leave a mark.

Alex Jones verdict: Jury awards family of a Sandy Hook victim more than $45 million in punitive damages

Alex Jones must pay more than $45 million in punitive damages to the family of a Sandy Hook massacre victim, jury orders​

The award is in addition to the $4.1M the jury ordered the Infowars host to pay the family Thursday for the suffering he and his website and broadcast caused them.
TX has a cap on punitive damages so he's not going to pay the full 45 million

In Texas, there are statutory limits on punitive damages, with a per-defendant cap of two times the amount of economic damages, plus the amount of noneconomic damages found by the jury—the latter part not to exceed $750,000.

TX has a cap on punitive damages so he's not going to pay the full 45 million

In Texas, there are statutory limits on punitive damages, with a per-defendant cap of two times the amount of economic damages, plus the amount of noneconomic damages found by the jury—the latter part not to exceed $750,000.
But then there’s the CT trial, where there’s no such limitation.

Alex Jones verdict: Jury awards family of a Sandy Hook victim more than $45 million in punitive damages

Alex Jones must pay more than $45 million in punitive damages to the family of a Sandy Hook massacre victim, jury orders​

The award is in addition to the $4.1M the jury ordered the Infowars host to pay the family Thursday for the suffering he and his website and broadcast caused them.

There are more lawsuits to come. When Jones is broke I hope he will be criminally charged. Funny how some Christians support this disgusting person.

I'm quoting:

"Good thing Alex Jones wasn't caught with meth and prostitutes while selling American secrets to Ukraine, or he'd be in some real trouble"

Like Hunter Biden ...God the hypocrisy of it all!
You are conflating your tabloid fiction with reality. Not even the most virulent rightist prosecutor, not even during the Era of Trumpery, has been able to contrive credible evidence against Citizen Biden as required by our system of jurisprudence.

Great.

Now let's line up more liberal sites doing the same and attack.

Forum List

Back