Alex Jones Ordered To Pay $4.1 Million In Compensatory Damages. Punitive Damage Amount To Come Tomorrow. Bad Week For Conservatives Only Gets Worse

That was only compensatory damages to two of the parents. The punitive damages come tomorrow. They will be much larger. Then his problems only get worse. He will be facing perjury charges, which will carry jail time in his case, and the DOJ now has everything on his phone. Including all personal, and business texts, and messages. This will cause problems for other people also.

With some very stiff sentences for January 6 insurrectionists handed down this week, the rejection by Kansas voters of taking away womens rights, and the political victories for Joe Biden. Like I stated. It has been a very bad, not good, losing week for the conservatives.
What perjury charges? He admitted doing it under oath.

Yes, the article speaks in generalities I was hoping for a bit more detail as Ive never listened to Jones.

If all he did was say Sandyhook was staged that’s a big difference from encouraging his listeners to harass the parents. I assume it’s the former
SpudSofa, you need remedial reading classes if you think that link was "generalities", dumbass!

Yes, the article speaks in generalities I was hoping for a bit more detail as Ive never listened to Jones.

If all he did was say Sandyhook was staged that’s a big difference from encouraging his listeners to harass the parents. I assume it’s the former
Correct, this is politics wed to law. Just like in Russia or China or.......Free speech is no longer a right in America.

Well they are saying that some of the Sandy Hook parents suffered emotional distress from some of Alex Jones' listeners who threatened their lives.

Really scary that this type of free speech is sued into the millions. He didn't tell these people to harass these parents, these people did that on their own. Same thing with Donald Trump. Trump NEVER told anyone to storm the capitol, yet he's being blamed because some of his fans did.

It's a really scary precedent to set.
Indeed. A criminal can blame almost any influence as inspiration. I suppose a crazed watcher of Game of Thrones could start beheading people he considered traitors and George RR Martin will be liable now.

InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was ordered by a Texas jury to pay $4 million in compensatory damages for defaming Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin. The jury in the case was tasked on Thursday with determining compensatory damages for the direct harm the family suffered and awarded a little more than $4 million.

On Friday, the jury will discuss the amount of punitive damages, which is designed to punish Jones to prevent further harm.

How much should the LMSM Pay for all their stories about Hillary's Russian Dossier?

I find it kinda funny that the left can want Alex Jones sued into oblivion for "pushing a hoax" yet when you ask them who should be sued first for pushing the Russian collusion hoax against a sitting president you get crickets.

Double standards are the only standards liberals have.

Forum List

Back