Alec Baldwin apologizes after homophobic Twitter rant

Police arrest suspect in home invasion and nanny cam beating of mom
Shawn Custis was taken into custody on Friday afternoon. He is suspected of being the man who was caught on a nanny cam breaking into a New Jersey home and unleashing a stomach-turning assault on a mother, whose 3-year-old daughter was just feet away on a couch.

Read more: Police arrest suspect in home invasion and nanny cam beating of mom - NY Daily News

My son flipped off his dad behind his back. I saw it. I waited until dad walked in the other room, oblivious to what his kid did behind his back. Once he did, I walked up to bratty son and said "you ever do that again, I will break your fucking arm". Did I mean it? No. But he thought I did. Then I added the final verbal punch of "if he saw that, do you think he would have been angry or hurt?" and my son started to cry. He said Dad would have been hurt and he was sorry for doing it and glad Dad didn't see it. That was punishment enough. Was I stupid for saying that? No. I got the point across.

btw...bratty kid was 17 years old at the time. He knew better. I just reminded him who was still alpha and would always be alpha...and that his actions hurt more than a broken arm would.

Charming. Boys who have mothers who swear at and bully them are well on their way to a well adjusted adulthood.

Yes, and also, few people realize the wisdom of this quote:

"Enlightened parenting means bringing up children without ever putting them down."

just exactly what does an "apology" mean ??

i guess i'll have to add this to my foot notes;

once said can not be unsaid

once heard can not be unheard

Apology or not, he's a habitual toilet mouth prone to melt downs. Capital One needs to fire his ass same as they crucified Paula Dean.

My son flipped off his dad behind his back. I saw it. I waited until dad walked in the other room, oblivious to what his kid did behind his back. Once he did, I walked up to bratty son and said "you ever do that again, I will break your fucking arm". Did I mean it? No. But he thought I did. Then I added the final verbal punch of "if he saw that, do you think he would have been angry or hurt?" and my son started to cry. He said Dad would have been hurt and he was sorry for doing it and glad Dad didn't see it. That was punishment enough. Was I stupid for saying that? No. I got the point across.

btw...bratty kid was 17 years old at the time. He knew better. I just reminded him who was still alpha and would always be alpha...and that his actions hurt more than a broken arm would.

Charming. Boys who have mothers who swear at and bully them are well on their way to a well adjusted adulthood.

Umm... discipline isn't "bullying".
I did the same thing to my dad, and had my mother reacted the same way it would have worked the same way on me too. Gracie's approach was exactly right IMO.

And just for the record, "fucking" isn't a swear. It's profanity.

Last edited:
Yes, because it's acknowledged that having your mother tell you she's going to break your fucking arm is superior parenting.

Anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back