Alaska Airlines offers passengers from accident flight $1500.00

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Probably be a class action lawsuit that has to drag its way thru the courts, but what really struck me is, like a recently canceled flight of mine, they were unprepared for the rebooking, even when they knew this was a serious situation and all the passengers would need new flights.

I think the problem is not the staff they have, it is that they are all critically understaffed, especially with competent booking agents willing to work late at night into the early morning.

Hours after an Alaska Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Portland, Ore., when a door plug blew out, passengers received an email from the carrier. It was an apology, a full refund for the aborted flight and $1,500 “to assist with any inconveniences.”

Travelers on Flight 1282 are now grappling with whether this amount adequately covers what they endured.

“I haven’t fully processed if that payment is enough or not,” said Nicholas Hoch, 33, who was on the Alaska Airlines flight. “I don’t know how this is going to affect me in the coming weeks and months, you know?”

On Tuesday, Hoch, a Portland-based architect who was traveling to Ontario, Calif., to visit his girlfriend, said he was contemplating the offer while trying to emotionally recover from the horrifying event. In addition to traveling in a plane that cracked open several minutes after takeoff, he spent two hours in line, waiting for a customer service agent to issue him a ticket for a new flight.

Aggrieved passengers can pursue a lawsuit against Alaska Airlines, a course of action that comes with precedent. Several passengers sued Southwest and Boeing, the plane’s manufacturer, after a 2018 incidentin which a piece of the engine broke off and shattered a cabin window. A traveler died after she was partially pulled out of the opening. Travelers are also suing Alaska Airlines over a more recent emergency involving an off-duty pilot who tried to take down a Horizon Air plane. The pilot involved in the October event claimed that he had not slept and had ingested psychedelic mushrooms.

I think the little kid whose clothing was torn from his flesh, and who only continues to live as a consequence of his mother "death gripping" his ass until safely landed back upon the sacred earth mother, I think they are in line for a far, far larger sum than a ludicrous $1500.00 bucks! :auiqs.jpg:

It was an apology, a full refund for the aborted flight and $1,500 “to assist with any inconveniences.

It was not a settlement offer

It was just compensation for the aborted flight, hotel, meals while they made other arrangements

They can still sue as a class action for stress, mental anguish and any injuries

Probably be a class action lawsuit that has to drag its way thru the courts, but what really struck me is, like a recently canceled flight of mine, they were unprepared for the rebooking, even when they knew this was a serious situation and all the passengers would need new flights.

I think the problem is not the staff they have, it is that they are all critically understaffed, especially with competent booking agents willing to work late at night into the early morning.

Hours after an Alaska Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Portland, Ore., when a door plug blew out, passengers received an email from the carrier. It was an apology, a full refund for the aborted flight and $1,500 “to assist with any inconveniences.”

Travelers on Flight 1282 are now grappling with whether this amount adequately covers what they endured.

“I haven’t fully processed if that payment is enough or not,” said Nicholas Hoch, 33, who was on the Alaska Airlines flight. “I don’t know how this is going to affect me in the coming weeks and months, you know?”

On Tuesday, Hoch, a Portland-based architect who was traveling to Ontario, Calif., to visit his girlfriend, said he was contemplating the offer while trying to emotionally recover from the horrifying event. In addition to traveling in a plane that cracked open several minutes after takeoff, he spent two hours in line, waiting for a customer service agent to issue him a ticket for a new flight.

Aggrieved passengers can pursue a lawsuit against Alaska Airlines, a course of action that comes with precedent. Several passengers sued Southwest and Boeing, the plane’s manufacturer, after a 2018 incidentin which a piece of the engine broke off and shattered a cabin window. A traveler died after she was partially pulled out of the opening. Travelers are also suing Alaska Airlines over a more recent emergency involving an off-duty pilot who tried to take down a Horizon Air plane. The pilot involved in the October event claimed that he had not slept and had ingested psychedelic mushrooms.

If it were me I would be like you can keep your $1500, I am talking to my lawyer.

Forum List

Back