United Airlines diversity quotas finally begin paying off in disaster

When you're hiring based on gender and skin color that means you are not hiring the best person for the job under any circumstances. Not having the best people working a job means your company is going to suffer on all fronts.

I agree. It doesn't mean that these issues are due to DEI. Again, you guys have no proof of this. It's just a right wing talking point. The whistleblower provided actual proof of the cause of these problems. It's corporate greed and malfeasance and that's what needs to be addressed with Boeing, not DEI bogeymen. DEI is another issue that can be dealt with on its own merit.

Every post you've made in this thread. You're saying that these issues coming up at UA are not due to their stance and actions for DEI

Correct because that's what the actual evidence shows.

which interprets to most who read it that you support their DEI initiatives.

No, YOU interpreted it that way because you're a binary cog who only functions in zeroes and ones.

I agree. It doesn't mean that these issues are due to DEI. Again, you guys have no proof of this. It's just a right wing talking point. The whistleblower provided actual proof of the cause of these problems. It's corporate greed and malfeasance and that's what needs to be addressed with Boeing, not DEI bogeymen. DEI is another issue that can be dealt with on its own merit.

Is hiring a less qualified minority for less money part of that 'corporate greed and malfeasance', why yes it is.

(1) This is a very serious topic that is very hurtful.

(2) We do not have any proof that the recent mishaps in the aviation industry were caused by people of color.

(3) But it is reasonable to ask whether quotas are a good idea instead of merit.

(4) I believe that one airline announced that half of their trainees to be pilots would be people of color.

(5) And recently one high-ranking Air Force official said that 50% of pilots should be people of color.

(6) Ideally, MERIT should be the sole criterion. If 100% of pilots are Martians because they aced the flying exams, then that is fine.

(7) I think that even the most progressive DEI supporter would feel somewhat uncomfortable if s/he were told that her/his surgeon was a DEI graduate.

(

Correct because that's what the actual evidence shows.

No, YOU interpreted it that way because you're a binary cog who only functions in zeroes and ones.

I don't blame you for seeing it that way, it's the only way you're programmed to see it and you're apparently not intelligent enough to see outside the box they put you in. The only reason you're arguing what you're arguing is so you can hate on conservatives, you don't give a damn about DEI and the pitfalls associated, if conservatives are against it, then you're going to defend it. It's how simple minds work.

(1) This is a very serious topic that is very hurtful.

(2) We do not have any proof that the recent mishaps in the aviation industry were caused by people of color.

(3) But it is reasonable to ask whether quotas are a good idea instead of merit.

(4) I believe that one airline announced that half of their trainees to be pilots would be people of color.

(5) And recently one high-ranking Air Force official said that 50% of pilots should be people of color.

(6) Ideally, MERIT should be the sole criterion. If 100% of pilots are Martians because they aced the flying exams, then that is fine.

(7) I think that even the most progressive DEI supporter would feel somewhat uncomfortable if s/he were told that her/his surgeon was a DEI graduate.

(

I don't think anyone is saying that the mishaps are being caused by 'people of color'. The point is being made that minorities are being hired over other more qualified candidates because they fulfill a quota. What is the race breakdown of highly qualified airline industry experts, until you know that answer, there's no way to say how many unqualified are being used to fill a position just because they meet a quota.

DEI starts and problems begin to escalate.
UA has not even attempted to defend itself.
I tend to agree with you, but the FAA promoting the clot shots also started about the same time DEI did at United. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I don't blame you for seeing it that way, it's the only way you're programmed to see it and you're apparently not intelligent enough to see outside the box they put you in.

R.ec821d86049ad4803019ac74c2aa61be

How do these companies get away with illegal hiring and promotion practices? Oh Garland runs the DOJ.

Forum List

Back