Alas, Cities Finally Confirm What We Already Knew Regarding the Spike in COVID Cases

The virus is not political. Lock downs don't work without mitigation and\or contact tracing. It will spread just as well in a bar or restaurant, on the beach or large gatherings,
based on what exactly?

That the virus is air born.
We have never had a "lockdown" before, so how would you know what's required to make them work, or if they ever work?

From March to May, much of the United States pressed pause. In the face of a new, highly transmissible coronavirus, widespread lockdowns and social distancing were the only tools available to prevent an overwhelming surge in infections and deaths that threatened to overwhelm healthcare systems.

The strategy largely worked to keep most hospitals functioning. The heavy toll after six months — over 125,000 dead from COVID-19 and more than 2 million Americans infected — almost certainly would have been worse without lockdowns.

But these interrupted months were also supposed to buy time for public health authorities to ready other tools, namely widespread testing and contact tracing, to enable a gradual reopening as we wait for a vaccine (SN: 4/29/20).

Now, many experts worry that the United States has largely squandered the time bought by millions of Americans who stayed home, often at significant personal and financial cost. Despite some progress, especially in testing, most of the country’s local health departments still don’t have the workforce or the infrastructure needed to safely relax social distancing.

Yet most states are forging ahead with reopening anyway. Those that reopened quickly, like Florida and Texas, have already reversed course, reimposing some restrictions in an effort to slow a surge in cases now building across much of the South and West.

Where things stand

DNC talking points.

One has to have half a brain to think that either the rapid opening of the states economies or the demonstrations\protest had no part in the summer surge of infections.
Opening the economy does not cause massive groups to gather closely together...

Correct. Just ask Tulsans.
There had already mean massive protests spreading it around. At least at the rally they were taking temps, etc, before entering.
Protests? Not so much.

Again I'm not saying the Floyd protests didn't cause spreading, I'm saying it's not the only cause for the spreading. Floyd's homicide didn't happen till after Memorial day.

Again I'm not saying the Floyd protests didn't cause spreading, I'm saying it's not the only cause for the spreading. Floyd's homicide didn't happen till after Memorial day.
so masks don't work. just like I said. Has to be some reason. people not wearing masks aren't getting tested. so the only ones getting tested are those fools who wear them. I love winning.

so masks don't work. just like I said. Has to be some reason. people not wearing masks aren't getting tested. so the only ones getting tested are those fools who wear them. I love winning.

Depends on the mask. You think doctors and nurses wear them just for fun? 150,000 Americans dead is winning to you? I'd hate to see a loss!

Depends on the mask. You think doctors and nurses wear them just for fun? 150,000 Americans dead is winning to you? I'd hate to see a loss!

FB’s so called “fact checkers” have struck again, claiming that my report on the science that proves that wearing face masks, especially in non-medical settings does almost nothing to prevent the spread of a virus, is false… citing that it was based on old information. Now, I’m reporting on a new study created in conjunction with the World Health Organization and published by the CDC from less than 60 days ago that once again proves that there is no evidence that wearing face masks in public prevents the spread of flu-like viruses. I’m also going to show you why the Facebook fact-checking system cannot be trusted. Link to the CDC published study. This study was conducted in preparation for the development of guidelines by the World Health Organization on the use of non-pharmaceutical interventions for pandemic influenza in non-medical settings.

they are when dealing with a virus. Keeping their spit and snot out of patient is usually a good thing in surgery. Virus penetrate masks. It's a known thing. Fauci even said so in his 60 minute interview. you should watch it. But you still didn't answer why those wearing masks are getting Wuhan virus.

they are when dealing with a virus. Keeping their spit and snot out of patient is usually a good thing in surgery. Virus penetrate masks. It's a known thing. Fauci even said so in his 60 minute interview. you should watch it. But you still didn't answer why those wearing masks are getting Wuhan virus.

Yesterday was the first day in months that contained bad news--serious to critical increased dramatically
Otherwise there has been no surge at all but rather an increase in number of tests with a percentage proportional increase in positives
200,000 tests with 20,000 positives and 700,000 test with 70,000 positives is the Same Thing. In fact, the 700,000 with 70,000 is Better because it eliminates more candidates.
Liberals are either too math disabled or simply choose to ignore.

One has to have half a brain to think that either the rapid opening of the states economies or the demonstrations\protest had no part in the summer surge of infections.

There had already mean massive protests spreading it around. At least at the rally they were taking temps, etc, before entering.
Protests? Not so much.

Actually, Google seems to think George Floyd died ON Memorial Day, and the protests started the day after.

Perhaps Google is mistaken.

FB’s so called “fact checkers” have struck again, claiming that my report on the science that proves that wearing face masks, especially in non-medical settings does almost nothing to prevent the spread of a virus, is false… citing that it was based on old information. Now, I’m reporting on a new study created in conjunction with the World Health Organization and published by the CDC from less than 60 days ago that once again proves that there is no evidence that wearing face masks in public prevents the spread of flu-like viruses. I’m also going to show you why the Facebook fact-checking system cannot be trusted. Link to the CDC published study. This study was conducted in preparation for the development of guidelines by the World Health Organization on the use of non-pharmaceutical interventions for pandemic influenza in non-medical settings.

FaceBook is a fascist organization

Back to normal like nothing ever happened.
I hope we can get back to normal some day

But the shutdown crowd is killing the economy which may have more worse consequences than the chinese disease itself

Well, at the moment, no state is really shut down. Some governors and mayors have gone back to some Phase 1 restrictions because of the increases in infection rates and hospitalizations but they are open for most business. There's just talk of another shutdown in some states if things keep spiraling the way they are. The whole sending the kids back to school debate has brought the discussion of adopting guidelines to the forefront. In the last week or so, I'm sensing some resignation (finally) in the voices of the people who were so loudly against measures like wearing masks in public, social distancing, and staying away from large crowds. I think they are starting to get that if we ever want to see something approaching normal, we'll have to accept these guidelines and adhere to them.

I think doctors and nurses wear them to protect patients with open wounds. They wear something very different when they're concerned about airborne illnesses.

I think doctors and nurses wear them to protect patients with open wounds. They wear something very different when they're concerned about airborne illnesses.
The masks doctors wear are 0.1 micron masks and fits to close off air passage. Generic masks bleed around the open sides and only catch droplets from the wearers mouth and nose. they are less than 30% effective at stopping viral transmission.

Protests? Not so much.

Actually, Google seems to think George Floyd died ON Memorial Day, and the protests started the day after.

That's what Wiki says.

The masks doctors wear are 0.1 micron masks and fits to close off air passage. Generic masks bleed around the open sides and only catch droplets from the wearers mouth and nose. they are less than 30% effective at stopping viral transmission.

And that's assuming the person is wearing an actual mask, and not just tying a bandanna or a piece of t-shirt fabric over their face. And assuming they aren't then carefully tucking the mask beneath their noses.

With a mask, am I not breathing back in what I just exhausted? That does not seem good?

Protests? Not so much.

I stand corrected. He was killed on Memorial Day. Protests started after.

Forum List

Back