Alas, Cities Finally Confirm What We Already Knew Regarding the Spike in COVID Cases

With a mask, am I not breathing back in what I just exhausted? That does not seem good?

Not only that, if you use the same mask for any length of time, you're also breathing in any bacteria that has grown on the moisture your breath has left on it.
If you wear a mask and fail to clean it daily your subjecting yourself to sever bacterial infections of your upper respiratory tract. Paper masks are worse because fibers from them irritate the mucosal membranes and create bacterial pockets. Long term wearing of masks, unchanged, are very bad for upper respiratory infections.
Creating pneumonia symptoms

The states that opened back up quickly (or never completely shut down) with little or nothing in the way guidelines or restrictions are the ones experiencing the surge right now. They allowed bars and restaurants to be opened back up with people packed and crowded together again. Large gatherings of young people with no precautions taken. Back to normal like nothing ever happened. That's where the spikes came from. Garcetti said she said "some" spread came from protests. Which is only natural when you've got that many people gathered together in one place. But the lion share of the protesters were wearing masks.
Do you have any data to support this theory, or is it just your usual shooting-from-the-hip made up facts?

There's lots of data to support that claim. And lots of people who thought the same thing. And lots of articles to find that say essentially the same thing. And it happened, not because of opening up. It happened because they opened back up with no guidelines or restrictions like wearing masks or social distancing. It was back to normal.

Memorial Day didn't help. This is just one of many articles. We still haven't gotten to the fallout from July 4th.
Your article didn't prove what you claim. It didn't show which states had increases and the changed they made that caused those increases. It didn't show that the states with big increases did anything different than states who had no increases. I live in Wisconsin, and a judge repealed all the shutdown policies over a month ago, yet there has been no dramatic increase in cases.

Again, that was only one article. There are dozens more like it. This information is easily obtainable.
Here's a graph for your state
View attachment 366447

By contrast, here is one for New York
View attachment 366448

Deaths in Wisconsin are down. More cases are being reported mainly because they have massively increased the amount of testing.

New York accounts for over a quarter of all COVID deaths in the country. They gained their herd immunity.

View attachment 366449

Sorry. That whole there are more cases because there are more tests has already been debunked. There are more cases because people aren't observing guidelines like wearing masks, social distancing, and avoiding large crowds. And deaths are down because doctors are getting more efficient at treating the virus. That's to be expected. We'll see if it holds. I've found a couple of articles that imply that your state is behind on testing. Here's just one.
When was it debunked? Another reason for more cases is the George Floyd protests that Democrat politicians allowed.

It has no basis in truth. It's just another diversion.

There were massive protests in NY. And no corresponding spike in virus cases. Were there new cases coming out of those protests? Sure. That many people together in close quarters, it's bound to happen. But most protesters were wearing masks. And the protests weren't responsible for the virus spikes. It was people jamming back into crowded bars and restaurants. It was younger people congregating together with no masks or distancing. That comes directly from the lack of guidelines from states that just opened back up without giving thought as to how to maintain the progress of April and May (up to Memorial Day).

Proper use of face masks is essential because improper use might increase the risk for transmission

Ok- and- I MIGHT win the lottery- I MIGHT not comprehend simple English- but, I've NOT won the lottery and I CAN understand simple English- *improper* education might cause alarm in some but not in others- proper education would help ensure more rational citizens be influential- stop breathing that will ensure *less* transmission-
I might run a stop sign and not kill or hurt- I *likely* will be cited for a criminal activity.

Speculation is not a scientific finding- it's a tool to spread fear and improperly educated are perfect receptors for the contagion.

The COVID authoritarians all claimed the riots and protests had nothing to do with the upswing in cases, but it appears government officials disagree.

Several big-city mayors and top officials are acknowledging that weeks of anti-police protests and riots may have contributed to surging coronavirus rates, weeks after Democrats and even some epidemiologists openly encouraged Black Lives Matter allies to demonstrate in the streets.
In public statements and interviews with Fox News this weekend, officials in Los Angeles, Seattle and Miami-Dade County, Fla., have indicated that some link between protests and new cases was at least possible.
[…]
…Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti acknowledged that public protests likely were causing a coronavirus spike, just two days after claiming there wasn't "any conclusive evidence" showing a connection between the two. De Blasio, like Garcetti, has defended demonstrators, saying they were participating in a "historical moment."
"I talked again with Dr. Ferrer about that this morning," Garcetti said, referencing Dr. Barbara Ferrer, the L.A. County public-health director. "She does think some of the spread did come from our protests," he added. "It’s not the act of protesting — that’s a great and American thing to do no matter what your opinion is... but protesting without maintaining physical distancing, without wearing your mask, without having sanitizer – we just have to be smart.
Clearly the Democrats lost the moral high ground when they began encouraging rioters to gather in large groups.

Either they're intentionally trying to spread the virus....or the virus is total hogwash.

Forum List

Back