Alabama Rep Mo Brooks gets into fiery exchange with Fox News Sunday's Sandra Smith 2020 election: "guns may be needed to take back our government!"

Really? Thousands of people just randomly showed up? Bear spray just fell from the sky into some of the protestors hands??
Violent criminal activity.....

The characterization of the attack as an insurrection served myriad political and personal purposes. First, it painted anyone associated with challenging the 2020 election results as supporting sedition and the country’s overthrow. Second, if this was a protest allowed to turn into a riot, there would be more questions about the failure to properly protect the Capitol.

It is easier to excuse a response to an insurrection than a violent protest. That point was expressly made by former U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund, who insisted, “This was not a demonstration. This was not a failure to plan for a demonstration. This was a planned, coordinated attack on the United States Capitol.”

Despite the adoption of the term by many in the media, there has been a growing disconnect with the actual cases in court. Indeed, a new report from Reuters disclosed that the FBI has apparently struggled to support the account of a coordinated “insurrection” on Jan. 6. Reuters’s FBI sources said that, despite months of intense investigation, they could find “scant evidence” of any “organized plot” and instead found that virtually all of the cases are “one-offs.” One agent explained, “Ninety to 95 percent of these are one-off cases. Then you have 5 percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages.”

In other words, they found a protest that became a runaway riot as insufficient security preparations quickly collapsed. While there clearly were those set upon trashing the Capitol, most people were shown milling about in the halls; many took selfies and actively described the scene on social media.

More than 570 people have been arrested, but only 40 face conspiracy charges.

After five months of dragnet arrests nationwide, a few reporters have noted that no one was actually charged with insurrection or sedition. The vast majority of people face charges such as simple trespass.

Many of us remain disgusted and angered by the Jan. 6 riot — but it was a riot. It also was a desecration. These people deserve to be punished, particularly those who went with an intent to try to enter the Congress. The question is whether you can have an insurrection without anyone actually insurrecting. That Zen-like question may find its way into the hearings of some pending cases.

Calling these people “rioters” does not minimize what they did — or undermine the legitimacy of their punishment. However, there is wisdom and even the chance for resolution when we “call things by their proper name.”

There is a fair distinction between those who tried to stop the certification of a presidential election and those who burn police stations or businesses during protests. Yet there remains a striking contrast in how other riots are characterized or prosecuted.
The FBI comes up empty-handed in its search for a Jan. 6 plot

my son is blasting "Black Hole Sun" on the big stereo so i haven't watched the interview yet, i'll edit with my views later

edit: Mo Brooks, who wore body armor under his clothing to speak at the 1/6 insurrection, told FOX Fiction this morning that he doesn't support gun reform because "guns may be needed to take back our government."

On a related note: Where the fuck is Merrick Garland?!

He is correct.

These people are at war. The rest of us aren't.

Shades of 9/11.
ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Wow, your own quote… 570 arrests and 40 conspiracy charges and you’re still going to maintain that this was not an insurrection?! Can you post the definition of insurrection that you are using? Maybe that will clear things up
I think the FBI couldn't find any evidence....ask them.

More than 570 people have been arrested, but only 40 face conspiracy charges. Those charges are often based on prior discussions about trying to enter Congress or bringing material to use in the riot; some clearly came prepared for rioting with ropes, chemical irritants and other materials. Those cases, however, are a small group among the hundreds charged and an even smaller percentage among the tens of thousands of protesters on that day.

I think the FBI couldn't find any evidence....ask them.
Wow! How’s that for a change of subject. How about you answer my question first and post the definition of insurrection and then I’ll be happy to address your questions that’s typically how conversations work right?

The demonstration of the successful manipulation of the courts by liberals / Hillary supporters, thereby rendering true justice unattainable, may have partially proved Brooks may very well be right.

The demonstration of the successful manipulation of the courts by liberals / Hillary supporters, thereby rendering true justice unattainable, may have partially proved Brooks may very well be right.
Koo koo koo koo

IT WAS ALL BLM AND ANTIFA I TELL YOU

I SAW IT ON ALEX JONES
(The American Colonies were) "all democratic governments, where the power is in the hands of the people and where there is not the least difficulty or jealousy about putting arms into the hands of every man in the country. (European countries should not) be ignorant of the strength and the force of such a form of government and how strenuously and almost wonderfully people living under one have sometimes exerted themselves in defense of their rights and liberties and how fatally it has ended with many a man and many a state who have entered into quarrels, wars and contests with them." (George Mason, "Remarks on Annual Elections for the Fairfax Independent Company" in The Papers of George Mason, 1725-1792, ed Robert A. Rutland [Chapel Hill, 1970])

Why do you continue the Insurrection lie?

The FBI says no insurrection, the DOJ never charge/convict anyone for insurrection.

Too many exculpatory evidence already shows that hundreds of people milling around in the building and the very few INDIVIDUALS committing crimes of Trespassing, Vandalism, Assault.
Because he's a troll and he knows saying "insurrection" is irresistible bait to half the people on here. If everyone would stop responding to his nonsense he'd stop doing it.

Wow! How’s that for a change of subject. How about you answer my question first and post the definition of insurrection and then I’ll be happy to address your questions that’s typically how conversations work right?
Slade, once again you've proven your lack of intellect. You demand a definition of 'insurrection', yet FBI, the most respected law enforcement agency in the world, didn't quite see it that way.

Slade, once again you've proven your lack of intellect. You demand a definition of 'insurrection', yet FBI, the most respected law enforcement agency in the world, didn't quite see it that way.
I don’t really demand things from people on online forums Delldude, I was just asking. I’m a pretty mellow guy just trying to have a conversation. No need to make inaccurate presumptions.

Im happy to discuss FBI findings and anything else you’d like to discuss, I’m just curious as to what your definition of insurrection is so we can get on the same page. Would you please answer if you’re so inclined?

my son is blasting "Black Hole Sun" on the big stereo so i haven't watched the interview yet, i'll edit with my views later

edit: Mo Brooks, who wore body armor under his clothing to speak at the 1/6 insurrection, told FOX Fiction this morning that he doesn't support gun reform because "guns may be needed to take back our government."

On a related note: Where the fuck is Merrick Garland?!

There was no insurrection, why do you feel the need to lie?

Forum List

Back