Al Franken Should Resign...poll

I voted yes because he annoys me and always has, plus he's not funny and hey the guy is a pervert.

..POLL: Should U.S. Senator Al Franken resign?

Turns out he shouldn't have

According to Mayer’s story, parts of Tweeden’s accusations don’t hold up. Tweeden asserted that Franken wrote a skit expressly to allow him to kiss her, saying that the future senator said, “When I found out you were coming on this tour, I wrote a little scene, if you will, with you in it.” But Mayer found that exact skit was performed on previous USO tours, and two actresses who had previously performed it with Franken said they had done the same scene without incident.

Tweeden also alleged that Franken had an Army photographer take a photo of him mock-groping her while she slept on the plane and had it included on just her CD of images from the trip. According to Mayer’s reporting, others on the trip also received a CD with that photo on it.

Sorry, Al Franken: 7 senators regret pushing Franken to resign, as new reporting casts doubt on key allegation
The photo exists and that's what got Franken canned. There's no denying what the photo shows.
So? He's not touching her in the photo.
Now compare his silliness with trumps supposed locker room talk. Trump said he grabs their pussies. He doesn’t simulate anything.

Which is more inappropriate?

Well Now.. The frigid women's movement played a part...

btw. Guy talk can be pretty rough, it's really not for the faint of heart. That sadly set the tone for the Democratic Party TDS media from the start.. . :(

I voted yes because he annoys me and always has, plus he's not funny and hey the guy is a pervert.

According to Mayer’s story, parts of Tweeden’s accusations don’t hold up. Tweeden asserted that Franken wrote a skit expressly to allow him to kiss her, saying that the future senator said, “When I found out you were coming on this tour, I wrote a little scene, if you will, with you in it.” But Mayer found that exact skit was performed on previous USO tours, and two actresses who had previously performed it with Franken said they had done the same scene without incident.

Tweeden also alleged that Franken had an Army photographer take a photo of him mock-groping her while she slept on the plane and had it included on just her CD of images from the trip. According to Mayer’s reporting, others on the trip also received a CD with that photo on it.

Sorry, Al Franken: 7 senators regret pushing Franken to resign, as new reporting casts doubt on key allegation
The photo exists and that's what got Franken canned. There's no denying what the photo shows.

He's mostly guilty of being obnoxious in my opinion..

so we essentially made a senator resign on the word of a stripper.

The PoundMeToo movement reminds me of LBJ's observation that the difference between liberals and cannibals is cannibals don't eat their friends.

Like Dennis Miller

It shows a 'meh' comedian trying to be funny. If these things are stupid when done to you, it's just as stupid when done to others.

I find McDonnell far more obnoxious, when's he resigning?

"my first sketch was a civil war sketch where the joke was anachronisms. while nurses were attending to wounded soldiers, they heard the news of Lincoln's assassination on the radio. Not Funny? I was SEVEN!" - Franken

"Once Tom Davis returned to his home after a couple days with the Frankens he found a newspaper clipping taped to his bedroom wall. headline:

STUDENT TAKES LSD, CUTS OFF OWN PEN*S

Things were getting tense in school too. we hung the other team in effigy and repeatedly clubbed the dummy in the crotch with a baseball bat" - Al Franken in his memoir

here's another excerpt:

"i got a 2-S student deferment, which kept me out of the draft until graduation. in its wisdom, the government felt i should continue my studies so i could pursue my chosen profession (comedian) and keep america strong"

Franken ended up majoring in behavioral sciences like sociology, anthropology, and psychology, which helped him in the senate (and we could have used in 'Nam!)

Last edited:
"i smoked pot, played Frisbee, and didnt go to classes, and thus was mistaken for a student" - Creepy Franken

"when i first got to the Senate, i discovered that Pat Roberts of Kansas, a very funny archconservative and 15 years my senior, is a huge Bob And Ray fan. i never asked whether he every listened to them while smoking dope. it's not my damn business.

my wife and i smoked pot through college, but Tom Davis introduced us to LSD and The Grateful Dead. We'd drive around California in our Volkswagen bus following them. I bonded with Senator Leahy over our love of the Dead. i didnt even have to ask if he ever dropped acid. he started his career as a prosecutor" - Franken

SNL was a great show for overentertained underinformed americans, Franken was part of it, and i respect him at least in that regard

"i personally had 227 sexual encounters during my 15 years at SNL. all of them with Franni" - Franken,

who counts how many times they've had sex? CREEPY AL FRANKENSTEIN!

"until John Belushi's death, we at SNL didn't really understand that drugs can kill you. by the time Chris Farley got in trouble, we understood all too well!

Woodward interviewed me about Belushi's death. i didnt like the tone of his questions, only about drug use. so i told him the only time i had seen John snort coke was with Carl Bernstein. it cut the interview short!" - Franken

Last edited:
"i only did cocaine so i could stay up late enough to make sure nobody else did too much cocaine. that's a joke, but not too far from the truth" - Franken

Forum List

Back