Al Di Meola Suffers a Heart Attack While Performing in Romania

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

Al Di Meola is, in my humble opinion, the greatest guitar player on the face of the earth, ever. Yes, I am biased. Nonetheless, it is beyond dispute that everyone in the guitar world knows who he is and that he is well respected among musicians. I did not realized he is 69 now. I have seen him perform live 2 times. He is amazing. I sincerely hope for a speedy recovery.

Aw man, is he gonna make it? He's very good! Personally I think Charo is better, but he's more jazzy.

Al Di Meola is, in my humble opinion, the greatest guitar player on the face of the earth, ever. Yes, I am biased. Nonetheless, it is beyond dispute that everyone in the guitar world knows who he is and that he is well respected among musicians. I did not realized he is 69 now. I have seen him perform live 2 times. He is amazing. I sincerely hope for a speedy recovery.
Never heard of him

• Banned
I met him in the '80s when he toured with Paco deLucia and Johnny McLaughlin. Al's a nice guy but he was the weak link in the triad.
Oh. What a great tour!! I have never met him, but you can tell he has a great sense of humor.

Hoping, so badly, that he makes a speedy recovery from this. No one else on Earth can say they shred like this. And if you even are blessed with a 10th of his abilities, you have my ultimate respect - and will even vote for the candidates of your choice next year (as long as they’re on the ballot). That’s how much I appreciate Al.

Godspeed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back