Lynyrd skynyrd question ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Do you think this band was on path to.be one of the greatest if not for their deaths

They had a bunch of epic songs that I love and I just realized they did “ Tuesday gone”

Such sad news 😞😞

Are they on par with Kansas and Styx ??

Do you think this band was on path to.be one of the greatest if not for their deaths

They had a bunch of epic songs that I love and I just realized they did “ Tuesday gone”

Such sad news 😞😞

They're better than Kansas. It was truly a great band.

This is from shortly before the plane crash.

Last edited:

Such sad news 😞😞

I saw them in 1976 at Rickwood Field in B'ham AL. I was 16 and the world was perfect!

I think they are one of the greatest bands, especially in their genre.

They have several southern good ol' boy anthems.

My favorites, in ascending order:

Had a couple of songs I liked, not a band I followed much though. Liked it when they bashed Neil Young and his snobbery; the clown is a true asshole in real life.

They were already one of the greatest at the time of their deaths i.e a "super-band" ["GOLD AND PLATINUM" was a terrific compilation]

Such sad news 😞😞
Not sure how familiar you are with the plane crash but not everyone perished and the surviors re-emerged as "The Rossington Collins band" [this next part you may want to look up cuz I am too lazy] and I am pretty sure the plane that they were flying in was purchased from another band which I think may have been "Aerosmith"...the plane crashed in a swamp and one [or more] of the passengers/band members crawled out of the plane and made his way out of the swamp and got help, it was later said that things like trees and branches piercing the plane was what caused most or even all of the deaths and the difference between living and dying that day was attributable to where you were sitting on the plane. [thats from decades old memory so please feel free to fact check it].

OK, am I being punked?

Such sad news 😞😞

Give them credit where due........ they definitely came out strong.

In the Southern Rock category they were definitely near the top of the heap.

I always loved Billy Powell's piano work

Forum List

Back