AI and religion

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
It is clear that the creation of AI, created in the image and likeness of a person, is a matter of time.
I wonder how the Church will react to this? Will robots be taken to Heaven or Hell according to their deeds, as in the story of Robert Sheckley "Battle"?

It is clear that the creation of AI, created in the image and likeness of a person, is a matter of time.
I wonder how the Church will react to this? Will robots be taken to Heaven or Hell according to their deeds, as in the story of Robert Sheckley "Battle"?
I have no idea how religions will react, I suspect different religions will react differently. Same for societies in general.

I see future AI hardware being built with some basic functionality, like reflexes in living creatures, but no self-awareness. Like a human baby that will come with time and every AI would be unique based on its 'upbringing'. I think society will consider such an AI to be entitled to the same rights as a human. Clones would be another matter.

Wow, you are digging pretty deep here. I will give you my opinion with what I have been able to learn from other folks that study this field. There are three major components to a 'human' person & these are(so far) physical, soul & spirit. While humans have pretty well figured out the human body, the human body is not relevant to your question so we can eliminate the physical body part of a human for this discussion. The human soul acts much like a title to a vehicle as it identifies the manufacturer/Maker of the vehicle, where it was manufactured, & if it is a legitimate vehicle for use in this existence. The spirit is most difficult of all to explain as it has no definite parameters for usage. Taking a shot in the dark I'd say the human spirit is what gives humans: emotions, qualities, expectations & instincts? As for your question of 'AI & heaven or hell' I would imagine that would be up to the manufacturer/Maker of human beings to decide. Again, the above is mere speculation on my part so if I were you I'd take my opinion above as unproven @ best.

My Robot better follow me into heaven, otherwise how is it heaven without my robot there to do my laundry?
download-38.jpg

No, the AI robots will simply fill political posts and religious posts and controlled by the man behind the curtain.

So called AI, no matter how "self aware" it may become, will never have the same existential question that humans have; i.e., where we come from and was it for a purpose. On the contrary, it may help us to understand our own existence.

So called AI, no matter how "self aware" it may become, will never have the same existential question that humans have; i.e., where we come from and was it for a purpose. On the contrary, it may help us to understand our own existence.
AI has no empathy. So essentially man is equipping and entire race of sociopaths to have control over us.

Then whey you program into the computer that man is destroying the world, with such things as carbon emissions, how will AI respond in terms to how it treats man?

This should go well.

AI has no empathy. So essentially man is equipping and entire race of sociopaths to have control over us.

Then whey you program into the computer that man is destroying the world, with such things as carbon emissions, how will AI respond in terms to how it treats man?

This should go well.
As politicians and generals have always been sociopaths, your view of AI's "race" would only continue the status quo.

This should go well.
As politicians and generals have always been sociopaths, your view of AI's "race" would only continue the status quo.
True, but there remains some hope assuming they are human

Here are the top careers with the most psychopaths'

. Professions with the most psychopaths (businessinsider.com)

You guess it, the top three are 1. CEO, 2 Layers 3. Media

Those are the three that run the country.

This should go well.
True, but there remains some hope assuming they are human

Here are the top careers with the most psychopaths'

. Professions with the most psychopaths (businessinsider.com)

You guess it, the top three are 1. CEO, 2 Layers 3. Media

Those are the three that run the country.
History teaches us that "those at the top" deal with others as simply a resource to be either used or wasted. That is sociopathic enough and can not be 'surpassed' in lacking humanity.

That's absolutely unclear. Even to call AI an AS - artificial stupidity - would be an overstatment. AI needs an unbelieveable amount of correct data (human eperience) for their pattern recognition processes.

Forum List

Back