AGAIN folks Remember 506 people Represents 326 million and we don't know how many were DEMS!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival,
which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

This ABC News/Ipsos Poll was conducted November 16 to 17, 2019 by Ipsos KnowledgePanel® – a division of Ipsos.
This poll is based on a nationally-representative probability sample of 506 general population adults age 18 or older.

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default...e-abc-ipsos-impeachment-hearings-11182019.pdf

And to the point how many of the 506 people polled were Democrats?
WE DON"T KNOW yet this is headline news!

An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival,
which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

This ABC News/Ipsos Poll was conducted November 16 to 17, 2019 by Ipsos KnowledgePanel® – a division of Ipsos.
This poll is based on a nationally-representative probability sample of 506 general population adults age 18 or older.

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default...e-abc-ipsos-impeachment-hearings-11182019.pdf

We know our political and economic system run on corruption.

So what?

Of course it was wrong to extort a foreign leader using US taxpayer money for personal political gain.

Duh!

Polling anyone in the blue states Hillary won is worthless, Trump doesn't need their vote to win in 2020. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

BULLSHIT!!!

no on asked me what I thought

statistics is a tad confusing to you, isn't it?

No as I had statistics in college which I doubt YOU never even attended!

But idiots like David Muir a few moments ago on ABC evening news stated 70% (506 people) represent 247,813,910 Americans (.000204185%) was wrong!
The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that there are 247,813,910 adults living in the United States. The total population was estimated at 321,418,820 people, with 77.1 percent of those people being over 18.
How Many Adults Live in the USA?

A) Dummy... you really think .000204185% i.e. 506 people speak for 247,913,910 people man are your really really dumb!
B) The answers are put totally wrong though as there was NOTHING ILLEGAL about it!

which sits at the heart of the

But idiots like David Muir a few moments ago on ABC evening news stated 70% (506 people) represent 247,813,910 Americans (.000204185%) was wrong!
The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that there are 247,813,910 adults living in the United States. The total population was estimated at 321,418,820 people, with 77.1 percent of those people being over 18.

A) Dummy... you really think .000204185% i.e. 506 people speak for 247,913,910 people man are your really really dumb!
B) The answers are put totally wrong though as there was NOTHING ILLEGAL about it!

Trump abused his office. The only question is whether any of his supporters care that he did.

Of course it was wrong to extort a foreign leader using US taxpayer money for personal political gain.

Duh!

thats not what he did and you know it,,,

He sure as hell tried.

SHHH adults are talking,,,

I know more about this than you. At least when I watch a YouTube video on the topic, it doesn’t contain basic factual errors.

hush or I will call your mother,,

You took a stats class, I have a Masters in Applied Analytics and am currently employed as a statistician...you loose that one little buddy.

I some how doubt that is what he said, that is just your spin.

Nobody said they speak for them, but they can represent them

of course there is nothing illegal about reporting the results of a poll.

Here is a easy to understand bit on how sampling can work with a small sample size. It is in very easy to understand language so even you should be able to grasp it.

Political Polls and Small Sample Sizes

Yet you wanted to spend two years counting every hanging Chad, dick and tom in Florida

It's all in how its worded. They asked about investigating a political rival.

They didn't ask if people thought it was wrong for a current president to have a foreign gov't investigate the behavior of a past vice president while he was in office and his son was in their country receiving over a million a year for doing nothing.

It's all in how its worded.

which sits at the heart of the

Trump abused his office. The only question is whether any of his supporters care that he did.

No. Which means 62 million people, the number that voted for him have now set the precedent, that the rule of law does not matter.

This "70% of Americans poll by ABC/Ipso... ABC News/Ipsos Poll: Impact of the First Days of Impeachment Hearings on American Public Opinion
While almost ALL polling agencies provide the numbers of people that make up the below categories... IPSO/ABC did NOT!!! WHY???
The weighting categories were as follows:

• Gender (Male/Female) by Age (18–29, 30–44, 45–59, and 60+)
  • Race/Hispanic Ethnicity (White/Non-Hispanic, Black/Non-Hispanic, Other or 2+ Races/Non-Hispanic, Hispanic)
  • Education (Less than High School, High School graduate, Some College, Bachelor and beyond)
  • Census Region (Northeast, Midwest, South, West)
  • Metropolitan status (Metro, non-Metro)
  • Household Income (Under $25,000, $25,000-$49,999, $50,000-$74,999, $75,000-$99,999, $100,000-$149,999, $150,000+)
  • Party ID (Democrat, Republican, Independent, Other/None)
How many of the 506 were Democrats???? How many GOP????

So not only have they done what MOST pollsters do quantify the participants in the categories... BUT their polling numbers were half what
the normal statistical poll utilizes.
The margin of error depends inversely on the square root of the sample size. That is, a sample of 250 will give you a 6 percent margin of error and a sample size of 100 will give you a 10 percent margin of error. A 10 percent margin of error is not so useful. It would give you vague claims such as, "The proportion of Americans who support the death penalty is somewhere between 60 percent and 80 percent." Pollsters thus spend the money to get a reasonably large sample. In the other direction, by surveying 4,000 people, you can get the margin of error down to 1.5 percent. This sounds appealingly precise (for example, "The proportion is between 68.5 percent and 71.5 percent"), but it is generally a waste of time because public opinion varies enough from day to day that it is meaningless to attempt too precise an estimate. Indeed, to do so would be like getting on a scale in the morning and measuring your weight as 173.26 pounds.
How can a poll of only 1,004 Americans represent 260 million people with only a 3 percent margin of error?

This poll has a margin of error based on the above of 12%!!!!

Now to refute the totally misunderstood statement :
In the 31 states that register voters by party, the number of Americans registered as Democrats outnumbered those registered as Republicans
Why public opinion polls don’t include the same number of Republicans and Democrats
Look at the latest Dem/GOP identity poll... BY Party Affiliation
3% more Democrat versus GOP... And since 2004 the average is Dems 32% GOP 28%

YET almost all polling shows Dems with more than 32% and GOP with less than 28%...PROOF???
19357 NBCWSJ September Registered Voter Poll Final
Strong to lean Democrat 44% Strong to lean GOP -34% NEARLY 10% more Democrat!
And you idiots believe these polls! Wow!!!
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 6.27.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 6.15.15 PM.png
!!!

Forum List

Back