AG Nominee Barr is the butcher of Ruby Ridge and was seriously anti 2nd

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Barr at all. I absolutely do not understand this nomination.

"You may remember that Barr’s federal agents descended on Randy Weaver’s Idaho compound in August, 1992, and (1) shot weaver in the back; (2) shot Weaver’s wife Vicki to death, while she was holding her infant son; (3) shot Weaver’s 14 year-old son to death; and (4) shot Weaver’s dog.

Courts subsequently largely exonerated Weaver, while excoriating the FBI and the Department of Justice. And, although then-Attorney General William Barr claimed to know nothing about the Ruby Ridge fiasco, a 1995 Washington Post article reported that there were 20 high-level DOJ calls about Weaver in the 24 hours preceding the murder of his wife — and two of them directly involved Barr.

After that, Barr spent huge amounts of pro bono time trying to get exoneration for the FBI sniper who shot Vicki Weaver to death. He pushed for immunity from prosecution, organized letters on his behalf, and framed arguments before the trial and appeals courts.

But long before Ruby Ridge, Barr’s hatred for the Second Amendment was clear.

Testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1991, Barr pushed the gun control “grand bargain” which, two years later under Clinton, was to become the biggest blow to the Second Amendment since the passage of the 1968 Gun Control Act."

More at link:

OPINION: Bill Barr Needs To Answer For His Role In Ruby Ridge

I don't have a warm and fuzzy about Barr at all. I absolutely do not understand this nomination.

"You may remember that Barr’s federal agents descended on Randy Weaver’s Idaho compound in August, 1992, and (1) shot weaver in the back; (2) shot Weaver’s wife Vicki to death, while she was holding her infant son; (3) shot Weaver’s 14 year-old son to death; and (4) shot Weaver’s dog.

Courts subsequently largely exonerated Weaver, while excoriating the FBI and the Department of Justice. And, although then-Attorney General William Barr claimed to know nothing about the Ruby Ridge fiasco, a 1995 Washington Post article reported that there were 20 high-level DOJ calls about Weaver in the 24 hours preceding the murder of his wife — and two of them directly involved Barr.

After that, Barr spent huge amounts of pro bono time trying to get exoneration for the FBI sniper who shot Vicki Weaver to death. He pushed for immunity from prosecution, organized letters on his behalf, and framed arguments before the trial and appeals courts.

Testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1991, Barr pushed the gun control “grand bargain” which, two years later under Clinton, was to become the biggest blow to the Second Amendment since the passage of the 1968 Gun Control Act."

More at link:

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.

He will try to make sure the Mueller report never sees the light of day. It's the only reason.

More at link:

I remember Randy Weaver's testimony before Congress. He had half the members in tears, and me too. Wasn't he represented by one of those pundit-lawyers Gerry-somebody that always wore a fringed leather jacket? He used to be on all the talk shows. Anyway, wasn't Weaver charged with a business transaction of modifying a gun for a friend? It got out of hand and the FBI over-reacted..like Waco.

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.
He has the neocon warmonger Bolton on staff....He's getting some seriously shitty advice from somewhere.

Bolton should be a valued addition to ANY Administrative braintrust.
You're out of your mind.
You got ONE right.

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.

Jesus....

He will try to make sure the Mueller report never sees the light of day. It's the only reason.
He can’t do that.

Ah but you see , that is EXACTLY the kind of thing that can happen when you idiot cheer on things like the Justice Department not turning over documents to Congress even after 3 years and multiple court rulings ordering them to do so, as happened multiple times when the magical negro was President.

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.
He has the neocon warmonger Bolton on staff....He's getting some seriously shitty advice from somewhere.

You're out of your mind.
You got ONE right.

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.

Jesus....

Show me why I should not support him.

You will never have a better opportunity than now.

More at link:

I remember Randy Weaver's testimony before Congress. He had half the members in tears, and me too. Wasn't he represented by one of those pundit-lawyers Gerry-somebody that always wore a fringed leather jacket? He used to be on all the talk shows. Anyway, wasn't Weaver charged with a business transaction of modifying a gun for a friend? It got out of hand and the FBI over-reacted..like Waco.

Gerry Spence. Totally cool lawyer who after he really got a grip on what the government had done to this man and his family Spence went balls to the walls to defend him.

spenceg.jpg

Gerry Spence On Why He Agreed to Defend Randy Weaver

Great read.

Gerry Spence On Why He Agreed to Defend Randy Weaver

He can’t do that.

Ah but you see , that is EXACTLY the kind of thing that can happen when you idiot cheer on things like the Justice Department not turning over documents to Congress even after 3 years and multiple court rulings ordering them to do so, as happened multiple times when the magical negro was President.

Oh no, I mean he can try to do it but as a practical matter, the House Democrats can certainly compel the release of the Mueller report.

Good to see that Obama still lives rent free in your rather empty cranium though. LOL

More at link:

The President likes him.

That's enuff for me.

I kinda figured you out to be a trained monkey early on.

He can’t do that.

I know nothing about the discipline called, "game theory" except a conclusion I heard expressed by those who know.

And the experts concluded that in a given contest the way to give yourself the best chance to win is to play by the dirtiest rules of engagement being used by any of the competitors.

If I understood that lesson correctly, it would argue that the President should be advised to wage his defensive campaign to foil the rebel forces using the same set of values as those who are trying to take him down.

He can’t do that.

Oh no, I mean he can try to do it but as a practical matter, the House Democrats can certainly compel the release of the Mueller report.

Good to see that Obama still lives rent free in your rather empty cranium though. LOL

How could House Democrats compel the Justice Department to turn anything over? Ideally yes, the Justice Department should comply with Congressional requests, but as we have seen repeatedly , they don't, and Congress really can't do anything about it.

As for bringing up Obama, the man was POTUS for 8 years and bringing him up to point out YOUR hypocrisy doesn't mean anyone is my head.

But no one expects a leftist to be honest , so no harm on your part for trying to pass that bullshit off as a rationale response.

Forum List

Back