After Weeks of Silence, CNN finally covers Biden's sexual Assault Allegation

[
Good to see you don’t believe Reade but somehow, bizarrely, believe there should be some punishment for what didn’t happen to her.

Trump has turned you into a lunatic. Remember back when you were a man?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I believe we should play by the rules you laid down during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Nothing matters other that a credible allegation has been made. Believing all women includes Tara Reade. If Biden gets destroyed by it...that's Democrats fault for laying the groundwork.

If they are forced to backtrack...Kavanaugh is vindicated and democrats are disgraced. Either way the lesson is learned and this tactic won't be used for another 30 years...and IMO that is important. Right now the Democrats think they won a battle on Kavanaugh by damaging him. That the Machiavellian ends justifying means made the Ford fiasco a worthwhile attack. That needs to be undone. And this is the foil by which it will be undone. That this "weapon" is double edged and cuts both ways. Mutually assured destruction is a proven deterrent.

Besides...if Biden is destroyed by it pre-nomination...we're probably doing you a favor. He's a weak candidate and Trump will chew him up and spit him out faster than you can say Home Depot.

You still don’t see it. How sad.
Nope...what was sad was the democrats pushing Ford's allegations. This is political judo. You know...turning an opponents supposed strength against them.

I can understand totally why you don't like it...but that in no way negates whyit is not only acceptable, but necessary.

I’m fine with it. I am for a full investigation.

The difference is this:

Feinstein and others believed Ford. Ford supporters believed her.

You don’t believe her but think the investigation should take place anyway.

You’re BS’ing yourself. The blob has made you quite the pussy.
Did you believe Ford?
Yes.
Ah...I knew that. Let me rephase. Do you believe Kavanaugh attacked and attempted to sexually assault Ford?
Yes
And you believe Reade.

So what's the problem?

The media should go after Biden the same way they did Kavanaugh...right?

That would be fair...correct...if we had a fair and unbiased media?

CNN coming out sooooo late with this is just yet another point showing their extreme bias.
The Larry King video was the last straw, That gives a LOT of creedence to her claim. So much, it really can't be ignored.

You’re BS’ing yourself. The blob has made you quite the pussy.

I notice you continually add these mean personal attack messages at the end of nearly all your replies. If you believe they bolster your argument...understand that they do not.

That you believe they are necessary only underscores your own subconscious realization that your arguments are weak and need bolstered.

Just sayin'...it's pretty obvious.

I notice you’re not disagreeing with me.

My stance is consistent; New allegations about decades old attacks render the one making the allegations not credible.

Your stance is a sniveling weak assed admission that you don’t believe either accuser; didn’t want one man investigated but somehow want the other man investigated. Inconsistent.

My description of you was harsh. But your stances are that of someone afraid to be consistent and has no moral fortitude. The blob has turned whatever manhood you once had into your being a permanent victim.

The facts are as I described above and they are not in dispute.

My stance is consistent; New allegations about decades old attacks render the one making the allegations not credible.
My stance is I want the media to be consistent and I want democrats to be consistent.

If the rule is "believe all women" when it benefits the political agenda of democrats...that means to be consistent... those who believed Ford must believe all women including Reade.

The media who breathlessly covered the Ford allegations must cover the Biden allegations with the same gusto...in order to be consistent.

Don't you agree?

I've been totally consistent. I believe neither. I never mentioned an investigation of either allegation...that's a strawman you set up just to knock down.

I want consistency from democrats and the media.

Don't you think that's fair?

My stance is I want the media to be consistent and I want democrats to be consistent.

If the rule is "believe all women" when it benefits the political agenda of democrats...that means to be consistent... those who believed Ford must believe all women including Reade.

The media who breathlessly covered the Ford allegations must cover the Biden allegations with the same gusto...in order to be consistent.

Don't you agree?

I've been totally consistent. I believe neither. I never mentioned an investigation of either allegation...that's a strawman you set up just to knock down.

Ahh the victimization continues.

So if you were consistent, surely there must be some post in your past during the Kav hearings where you stated that he must be investigated too then, right?

Care to share that post with us?

I’m guessing you’ll now double down on the victimization mantra and think you shouldn’t have to furnish proof of your consistency. Of course we both know that there was no consistency...and of course zero proof.

Don't you agree?

So if you were consistent, surely there must be some post in your past during the Kav hearings where you stated that he must be investigated too then, right?

I’m guessing you’ll now double down on the victimization mantra and think you shouldn’t have to furnish proof of your consistency. Of course we both know that there was no consistency...and of course zero proof.
Sure...right after you show me the post where I demanded an investigation of Reade/Biden...I'll wait...for your strawman to collapse.

You only have personal attacks and strawmen.

If you were an honest contributor you would either agree that democrats and the media were wrong to go after Kavanaugh or they are wrong to not go after Biden...there is no third option...strawmen literally not withstanding.

Crickets....THUD....
Yes! I was amazed at how these allegations went over like a total lead balloon. Not even the right is running with it. It's been out there for weeks.
"Crickets....THUD...." is the perfect description.
I'm hoping the Kavanaugh circus taught EVERYone a lesson.

Don't you agree?

Sure...right after you show me the post where I demanded an investigation of Reade/Biden...I'll wait...for your strawman to collapse.

If you were an honest contributor you would either agree that democrats and the media were wrong to go after Kavanaugh or they are wrong to not go after Biden...there is no third option...strawmen literally not withstanding.

I’ve read about Reade on NPR and a thread here says CNN is covering it. The charges were filed last month with the DC police.

Hardly a media embargo.

So you are now saying you want media coverage on an investigation you suddenly DON’T think should be taking place?

Don't you agree?

I’ve read about Reade on NPR and a thread here says CNN is covering it. The charges were filed last month with the DC police.

Hardly a media embargo.

So you are now saying you want media coverage on an investigation you suddenly DON’T think should be taking place?
I'm saying the media should cover both exactly the same way. The thousands of articles. Not the reluctant one or two.

Don't you agree?

Don't you agree?

Hardly a media embargo.

The "charges" filed were to give her additional protection against retaliation. Washington D.C. has a statute of limitations on rape and this incident is well outside it. I don't see how the police can investigate something where there is no question of a prosecutable crime.

Don't you agree?

Hardly a media embargo.

The "charges" filed were to give her additional protection against retaliation. Washington D.C. has a statute of limitations on rape and this incident is well outside it. I don't see how the police can investigate something where there is no question of a prosecutable crime.

all allegations should be investigated.

Nope...what was sad was the democrats pushing Ford's allegations. This is political judo. You know...turning an opponents supposed strength against them.

I can understand totally why you don't like it...but that in no way negates why it is not only acceptable, but necessary.

The difference is that Reade's accusations have no real credibility.
Ford's accusations were credible and they had to cover it up with a rushed vote.

Ah...I knew that. Let me rephase. Do you believe Kavanaugh attacked and attempted to sexually assault Ford?

I believe he was an entitled 17 year old boy at a drunken party... Um, yeah, I have no problem believing he did that.

This is why. These idiots still believe this is a viable political cudgel. They would use it again in a heartbeat.

Oh, you miss my point. I don't think it's effective, because Republicans have no conscience. So someone credible like FOrd is attacked, while a crazy person (according to her friends) like Raede is taken way to seriously.

Is CNN turning againsst creepy Joe? Perhaps they see someone else ready to take over for ole joe?

Cool - So it's one "credible" accusation against 25? This should go well for Drumpf! :D

I can understand totally why you don't like it...but that in no way negates why it is not only acceptable, but necessary.

The difference is that Reade's accusations have no real credibility.
Ford's accusations were credible and they had to cover it up with a rushed vote.

I believe he was an entitled 17 year old boy at a drunken party... Um, yeah, I have no problem believing he did that.

This is why. These idiots still believe this is a viable political cudgel. They would use it again in a heartbeat.

Oh, you miss my point. I don't think it's effective, because Republicans have no conscience. So someone credible like FOrd is attacked, while a crazy person (according to her friends) like Raede is taken way to seriously.
And this why you are a partisan Joe. An honest individual could see Joe Biden as an entitled DC powerbroker thinking every woman in his office worshipped him and would drop their panties if given the opportunity to bang the big man. That was very common back then.

I wonder why it only came up now...just like with Ford.

Ford stated she knew Kavanaugh was being nominated to the US Appellate Court in DC ...but said nothing.

Reade saw Biden running as vp...but said nothing.

That's why I don't believe them.

And this why you are a partisan Joe. An honest individual could see Joe Biden as an entitled DC powerbroker thinking every woman in his office worshipped him and would drop their panties if given the opportunity to bang the big man. That was very common back then.

Except if that's who he was, we'd have a lot more stories like this. Bill Clinton WAS like this. So is Trump. And yes, those guys have a lot of stories around them. Biden... sorry, not so much. Guy's been in the public eye for nearly 40 years, and there aren't these kinds of stories about him.

I wonder why it only came up now...just like with Ford.

Ford stated she knew Kavanaugh was being nominated to the US Appellate Court in DC ...but said nothing.

Nobody really cares whose on the Appellate Court.

Look, I realize you guys are all butthurt that you had to defend Kavanaugh when even you knew he probably did exactly what he was accused of. But this isn't it, buddy.

Forum List

Back