After Supreme Court Win, Christian Students Accept Monetary Settlement From College That Violated Their Free Speech Rights

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
This one was an 8-1 ruling Chief Justice was the dissenter.

Epoch Times

After Supreme Court Win, Christian Students Accept Monetary Settlement From College That Violated Their Free Speech Rights​

By Matthew Vadum

June 26, 2022

EXCERPT:

Litigant Chike Uzuegbunam in front of the Supreme Court in an undated photograph. (Courtesy: Alliance Defending Freedom)
Litigant Chike Uzuegbunam in front of the Supreme Court in an undated photograph. (Courtesy: Alliance Defending Freedom)
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

After Supreme Court Win, Christian Students Accept Monetary Settlement From College That Violated Their Free Speech Rights​

By Matthew Vadum

June 26, 2022 Updated: June 26, 2022

Excerpt:

Two Christian former college students whose Supreme Court victory allowed them to pursue nominal damages after their right to share their faith on campus was infringed settled their lawsuit in exchange for a payment of more than $800,000 by the college.

As The Epoch Times previously reported, the case goes back to 2016 when Chike Uzuegbunam—then a student at Georgia Gwinnett College, a public college in Lawrenceville, Georgia—was on campus handing out religious literature and sharing his Christian beliefs. A college official stopped him, saying he was breaking school rules by not speaking within the boundaries of an approved “speech zone.”

LINK

Last edited:
Good ruling. This one is up there with the vouchers going to religious schools.

Both were good rulings.

This one was an 8-1 ruling Chief Justice was the dissenter.

Epoch Times

By Matthew Vadum

June 26, 2022

EXCERPT:

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

By Matthew Vadum

June 26, 2022 Updated: June 26, 2022

Excerpt:

Two Christian former college students whose Supreme Court victory allowed them to pursue nominal damages after their right to share their faith on campus was infringed settled their lawsuit in exchange for a payment of more than $800,000 by the college.

As The Epoch Times previously reported, the case goes back to 2016 when Chike Uzuegbunam—then a student at Georgia Gwinnett College, a public college in Lawrenceville, Georgia—was on campus handing out religious literature and sharing his Christian beliefs. A college official stopped him, saying he was breaking school rules by not speaking within the boundaries of an approved “speech zone.”

LINK
Epoch Times is not a valid source since you can't read their articles without signing up and providing them with personally identifiable information.

Here's a valid link to the story:

The Chief Justice wouldn't know the Constitution if you wrapped it around a 2x4 and hit him in the head with it. What a despicable man.

Epoch Times is not a valid source since you can't read their articles without signing up and providing them with personally identifiable information.

Here's a valid link to the story:

The Chief Justice wouldn't know the Constitution if you wrapped it around a 2x4 and hit him in the head with it. What a despicable man.

How would you know if you don't have the premium subscription like I do and I got it free?

The article is perfectly fine as they linked to the Court decision PDF LINK and there are a couple more links worth following for the background cases.

How would you know if you don't have the premium subscription like I do and I got it free?

The article is perfectly fine as they linked to the Court decision PDF LINK and there are a couple more links worth following for the background cases.
I'm not giving them my personal information to read their articles. They can deliver advertisements without my information; every body else does it.

Forum List

Back