After cheering Obama who pardoned terrorists, liberals now "appalled" at Trump pardoning Joe Arpaio

Arpaio's biggest crime was enforcing the law, something progressives hate. The Judge was a partisan hack and out of line.
He didn't enforce the law, he made it up. He was a local hack not a Fed. They are responsible for immigration.
The sheriff can enforce the law. He did. Jughead had him prosecuted for it. Trump fixed it. Your preference for criminals is noted however.
It's not his job to enforce Federal law unless the Feds say to do so and and they didn't. Federalism, ever heard of it?

It's not the responsibility nor does the federal government have the authority to do many of the things it does, perhaps many you support, because they are reserved powers to the states. Federalism, ever heard of it?
Name one they don't have the authority to do? Unlike Joe they obey the law.

Healthcare. I'm yet to see that term in the Constitution. That being the case, according to the CONSTITUTION itself, it belongs to the STATES if they choose to deal with it.

Food stamps. Can you show me that term in the delegated authority of the federal government?

Trump pardon of ex-sheriff sparks bipartisan outrage

Arpaio, convicted of criminal contempt of court for violating a federal court order to stop profiling Latinos in Arizona, was controversial enough, but the White House announcement drew bipartisan criticism. The news came two hours before Harvey made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane along the Texas coastline. Arpaio is seen as a political ally of the president, and they share similar views on immigration.

He didn't enforce the law, he made it up. He was a local hack not a Fed. They are responsible for immigration.
The sheriff can enforce the law. He did. Jughead had him prosecuted for it. Trump fixed it. Your preference for criminals is noted however.
It's not his job to enforce Federal law unless the Feds say to do so and and they didn't. Federalism, ever heard of it?

It's not the responsibility nor does the federal government have the authority to do many of the things it does, perhaps many you support, because they are reserved powers to the states. Federalism, ever heard of it?

Healthcare. I'm yet to see that term in the Constitution. That being the case, according to the CONSTITUTION itself, it belongs to the STATES if they choose to deal with it.

Food stamps. Can you show me that term in the delegated authority of the federal government?
Can you show me the FBI? How about the Air Force? How about the Federal Reserve? The NEA, the CIA, the NSA or the NIH and FDA?

It's something else for them to be outraged about....every day a new outrage. They need to find something to occupy their time, like a job

If Trump changes his socks this triggers the liberals, their sour gapes over losing the election has gone nuclear.
Not to worry, Trump will resign before being impeached soon enough.

LOL how exactly do you plan to impeach him when you fools lost both the House and Senate? Let me guess you are planning a popular vote impeachment :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The GOP doesn't like Trump and he doesn't like the GOP, or hadn't you noticed?

You are losing it lib, maybe you need a time out to gather yourself together.

Apparently the left only approves of pardoning murderers, embezzlers, etc. But if somebody enforces the law, he should hang. Oh, my, we can't have a President flouting the Rule Of Law... all of a sudden. Can we?

List of people granted executive clemency by Barack Obama - Wikipedia

Of course, liberals don't actually care who gets pardoned or why. It's just their latest excuse for demanding the destruction of Republicans and law enforcers.

Their entire being is concentrated on that task and that task only. Their excuses and pretensions may change, but the agenda remains the same forever.

Who are you referring to?

Trump pardon of ex-sheriff sparks bipartisan outrage

Arpaio, convicted of criminal contempt of court for violating a federal court order to stop profiling Latinos in Arizona, was controversial enough, but the White House announcement drew bipartisan criticism. The news came two hours before Harvey made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane along the Texas coastline. Arpaio is seen as a political ally of the president, and they share similar views on immigration.
I am a Republican and I don't care. Just like I didn't cry when Obama pardoned murderers.

People like YOU and those in the story you linked are pathetic. If you don't like the powers of clemency do something to spark a change.

Whining on a message board does nothing.

If Trump changes his socks this triggers the liberals, their sour gapes over losing the election has gone nuclear.

LOL how exactly do you plan to impeach him when you fools lost both the House and Senate? Let me guess you are planning a popular vote impeachment :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trolling - reported.
Crying - detected

Apparently the left only approves of pardoning murderers, embezzlers, etc. But if somebody enforces the law, he should hang. Oh, my, we can't have a President flouting the Rule Of Law... all of a sudden. Can we?

Of course, liberals don't actually care who gets pardoned or why. It's just their latest excuse for demanding the destruction of Republicans and law enforcers.

Their entire being is concentrated on that task and that task only. Their excuses and pretensions may change, but the agenda remains the same forever.
Yeah it is good when a person who is a so-called law enforcement officer breaks the law he wants..

Can you show me the FBI? How about the Air Force? How about the Federal Reserve? The NEA, the CIA, the NSA or the NIH and FDA?

Where have I claimed that any of those are delegated?

As for the Air Force, to ask such a question is proof you have no clue how they came about.

However, you're asking apples to oranges questions. You're using examples of how the federal government goes about doing what it has delegated authority to do and the discussion is whether or not they have the authority to do it.

Do you believe the federal government has the right to tax fuel?

Boo-hoo....Read the list, nitwit. It's mainly people who were using or selling drugs. "Murderers and embezzlers....." Did you go to the Trump School for Drama Queens to come up with that shit? Did you pay much? At least he hasn't had to close it down due to FRAUD charges, like he did Trump U.

Trolling - reported.

You have been following me around all day responding to my posts and I'm trolling you? Good luck with that.

As for the Air Force, to ask such a question is proof you have no clue how they came about.

However, you're asking apples to oranges questions. You're using examples of how the federal government goes about doing what it has delegated authority to do and the discussion is whether or not they have the authority to do it.

Yes. By law they are allowed to lay taxes.

"Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

Meet the Constitution.

"Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

Meet the Constitution.
pardon power for federal crimes is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution

Meet the constitution

Meet the Constitution.
pardon power for federal crimes is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution

Meet the constitution
I know it. I also know that KKK Joe caught a break from his little racist buddy.

Meet the Constitution.

Meet the constitution
I know it. I also know that KKK Joe caught a break from his little racist buddy.
Stupidity and lacking any character - detected

Meet the Constitution.

None of that includes the words healthcare and food stamps. Still waiting.

I agree they can collect taxes and of any kind other that those prohibited by the Constitution. The use of those taxes, however, the use of those taxes must be for things which they have the delegated authority to do not things you want them to do because you like them. Federalism, ever heard of it?

Arpaio's biggest crime was enforcing the law, something progressives hate. The Judge was a partisan hack and out of line.
BULLSHIT! He was enforcing THE LAW UNLAWFULLY AND UNCONSTITUTIONALLY. RACIALLY PROFILING, UNLAWFUL IMPRISONMENT FOR DAYS WITHOUT CHARGE, DE FACTO ABRIDGMENT OF HABIUS CORPUS AND IGNORING THE FACT THAT SCOTUS HAD SHOT DOWN SEC 2B OF SB 1070 IN ARIZONA V. UNITED STATES IS NOT STAYING WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE LAW! THAT'S TO SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE MULTIPLE COUNTS OF JUDICIAL CONTEMPT!!!!

The judge to which you refer was a Bush appointee and the DOJ prosecutors was TRUMP's. Going after the judge wasn't very fucking bright of you!

That asshole Arpaio has an approval rating here in Maricopa County, AZ of ~22% per the AZ Republic, the Phoenix paper; FAR lower than that of the Orange Clown's. Only the redneck far right scum support that old ignorant fuck. Do you take regular injection of antibiotics for all the piss you're drinking?

Meet the Constitution.

Meet the constitution
Stupidity and lacking any character - detected
Trolling - reported.

Then, so is yours. Now go cry somewhere.

Meet the Constitution.

Meet the constitution

You don't know that the Constitution doesn't includes the words healthcare and food stamps.

Forum List

Back