African Americans treated much better than Native Americans. Why?

It's really quite simple. Blacks have no pride and dont mind demanding things they havent earned,while indians do have a level of pride and refuse to beg.

This thread has certainly appealed to the racists.
racism is perception in many cases. I personally dont think its racist to point out the fact that today's blacks received benefits from their ancestors being treated like ignorant animals. It is true. You only have to look at what they have the opportunity to do here VS the opportunity they would have had if their family line would have stayed in Africa. Its true, its factual, can be proven. not racist. As far as true racists, I think there are not that many left today either.

There are tons of racists right here at USMB who judge people on the color of their skin.

Whether you are a racist or not I don't know.

It's really quite simple. Blacks have no pride and dont mind demanding things they havent earned,while indians do have a level of pride and refuse to beg.

Which explains your participation.

If it makes you feel better to think I am a racist because I am not attacking people because of their race- live in whatever fantasy world you want to live in.
All Leftists are racists..

Nah- its just that you are an idiot asshole who hates everyone who disagrees with you.

If it makes you feel better to think I am a racist because I am not attacking people because of their race- live in whatever fantasy world you want to live in.

Nah- its just that you are an idiot asshole who hates everyone who disagrees with you.
But I'm not a racist like you.

Clearly you are not.

You are a racist like you.

Who hates everyone who you disagree with.

Clearly you are not.

Nope. Just you.

Doesn't that make you feel special?

On a side note, moderators have already admonished me for off topic flames, which is all you have left anyway, it appears, so I'll leave you in peace. Toodles!

racism is perception in many cases. I personally dont think its racist to point out the fact that today's blacks received benefits from their ancestors being treated like ignorant animals. It is true. You only have to look at what they have the opportunity to do here VS the opportunity they would have had if their family line would have stayed in Africa. Its true, its factual, can be proven. not racist. As far as true racists, I think there are not that many left today either.

There are tons of racists right here at USMB who judge people on the color of their skin.

of course I am, there are certain things that blacks do that to them are nothing, its just the way things are, but they irritate me. Take loud talking for instance, when you get a group of blacks all together, lets say a restaurant, they are loud, its like the are all trying to talk over each other and it become the only thing you can hear while around them. To them, and Im sure other people, this is not something to be concerned with, it annoys me to the point that I would prefer not be seated in earshot of a group like that. racist no question. Yet, I would bet that one on one with any of the people in the offensive group, I would get along just fine with them. I based the expectations of the offensive to me behavior on the color of their skin. Give me the same size group of asians and Im not going to think twice about being seated next to them.
As far as the message board, Its not that easy to pick out if someone is really a racist or not, people tend to respond in a way to illicit a specific response from others. they may or may not be true racists. For all I know, they are actually black in reality. For that matter, do you know for sure if Im white, black or even a legal US citizen?

Clearly you are not.

Nope. Just you.

Doesn't that make you feel special?

On a side note, moderators have already admonished me for off topic flames, which is all you have left anyway, it appears, so I'll leave you in peace. Toodles!

Clearly not just me- since you make a point of telling me how all "Leftists' think.

You flame?

Shocking.

of course I am, there are certain things that blacks do that to them are nothing, its just the way things are, but they irritate me. Take loud talking for instance

So there are cultural things that you assume that all black do- so you assume you will be irritated by all groups of blacks.

of course I am, there are certain things that blacks do that to them are nothing, its just the way things are, but they irritate me. Take loud talking for instance

So there are cultural things that you assume that all black do- so you assume you will be irritated by all groups of blacks.
yes, I prepare for the worse.
But other than not wanting to be seated next to them, Unless my mother in law is with us, then I thank God for the large black group that will drown her out. Any, other than that, I will not treat them badly because of it, or will I demand someone make them quiet down etc... So, its a cultural issue however I dont attribute it to a personal issue. Im sure they are all really nice people in a different setting.

I don't live in america but from what i see on american tv its as if white americans are still trying to make up for
slavery, but couldnt give a shit about the land stolen from Native Americans and the state of their people. African Americans were given their freedom in 1865, Native americans still don't have their land. Not one African American alive has ever been a slave, all Native Americans have had land stolen.
Prehistoric Neanderthalic Fugitives From Siberia

They never owned any land. They were wandering criminal gangs engaged in perpetual tribal genocide. They temporarily occupied the land the Whites found them in; they had no long-lasting roots anywhere on this continent. They were mentally incapable of developing the vast wealth of natural resources here. They've overstayed their evolutionary expiration date.
Evolutionary expiration date is right. We were more primitive than even the ancient Egyptian and Mesopotamian civilizations who had literacy, metallurgy, astronomy, math, architecture, and the building of great cities and infrastructure projects....and international trade. We had NONE of that and would tarry in ignorance indefinitely except for the intervention of Western Civilization. There was no way we could keep this continent to ourselves because we refused to advance, refused to invent, refused to cooperate in grand human endeavors, and refused to change. Simply put, we were in the way. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth.

When did you 'refuse' those things?

European and Asian societies didn't make their advancements in a vacuum. Innovation spread back and forth across eur-asia. Native American societies did invent, did cooperate and did change- but they could not change fast enough once the triple whammy of disease and guns and steel hit them.

Once introduced to the concepts of the alphabet for example- native Americans attempted to adapt but events outpaced their efforts.

If it wasn't for disease- and later alcohol, native Americans likely could have held onto the America's long enough to adapt to meet Western standards.
Forced Equality Drags Everyone Down to the Lowest Common Denominator

Races have to be held accountable for their genetic failure to invent those things themselves, or at least to pick them up quickly, like the Indians did with horseback riding. But that was physical and not really a homo sapiens advancement any more than the learning by the horses themselves. Within the advanced races, empowered decadent traitors with a Death Wish must be shunned, banned, and banished before this civil rights for the uncivilized problem can be solved.

There are no 'advanced races'- there is only the human race.

If Nobody Wins, Everybody Loses

If you say so, denying all evidence.to the contrary. Even the way you say it is authoritarian suppression, as if it were undeniable truth just because your guru father figures told you it was, and you have to make sure we all toe their party line.

First of all- don't get your information from TV. Hell if I got my info on New Zealand from TV I would assume that there is nothing but kiwi birds and the All Blacks in New Zealand.

Both African Americans and Native Americans got shafted in American history. I can't say that either are treated much better than the other by society at large. Both have issues and problems that likely date back to their ancestors being screwed over, and there is no easy fix to the problems.
I agree with a good deal of your post however as vile as slavery was, and as much of a stain it has left on the world since the beginning of time, there are positive things that are a direct result of that slavery.
One thing, and actually consider this before just attacking, is that the blacks living in the U.S today are in much better condition financially and in health than they would be if their ancestors would have been left in Africa instead of coming here.
not much consolidation for the actual individuals that had to suffer the travesty and lack of dignity that was slavery, but their descendants are much better off.
the Natives here? sucks to be them but you have to consider that the either migrated to this land and just claimed it too. They either came from south America or across the bearing sea when it was frozen. essentially, its not like they brought cash and negotiated a deal for the property. They just sat there tired of walking asses down and called it home.
Slavery Saved Them From Savagery

Of course they are better off than if slavery had never existed. Before slavery, those who would later be sold by the chiefs would have been captured, killed, and eaten in perpetual tribal genocide.

PotHead Guilt at the End of the Rainbow

Why should anyone take your pushy narrow-minded Kumbaya-cartoon fantasies seriously, Syriusly?

Why should anyone take your pushy narrow-minded Kumbaya-cartoon fantasies seriously, Syriusly?
see, this is actually good conversation up to this point between seriously and myself.
Its respectful without name calling. We get an insight into how or why certain thoughts or opinions exist. Basically, it is how adults begin a dialogue that could resolve issues before they got out of hand. Of course it could also escalate to the point that we just pop caps in each others ass and move on. you never know.

Liberalism Has Snob Value, Which Is Worthless

The pushy, bossy Social Justice Warlords have trapped you if you think there is something wrong with being racist and can only claim that you are not. Racism is merely a rational judgment based on a group's proven general behavior, It is not something to apologize for; it is just a normal way to determine value when you are not brainwashed into believing that one choice is automatically stupid and vicious.

The pushy, bossy Social Justice Warlords have trapped you if you think there is something wrong with being racist and can only claim that you are not. Racism is merely a rational judgment based on a group's proven general behavior, It is not something to apologize for; it is just a normal way to determine value when you are not brainwashed into believing that one choice is automatically stupid and vicious.
I'm not White, I'm Native American. So according to the pushy, bossy Social Justice Warlords I am incapable of racism because I lack the power to discriminate.

I never argue with the Soft Bigotry Of Low Expectations when it's working in my favor. :biggrin:

see, this is actually good conversation up to this point between seriously and myself.
It's respectful without name calling. We get an insight into how or why certain thoughts or opinions exist. Basically, it is how adults begin a dialogue that could resolve issues before they got out of hand. Of course it could also escalate to the point that we just pop caps in each others ass and move on. you never know.
Smooth and Smothering

So our only choices is to be either little old ladies in a sewing circle or drama queens?

I'm not White, I'm Native American. So according to the pushy, bossy Social Justice Warlords I am incapable of racism because I lack the power to discriminate.

Racism is not restricted to any race or culture.

If you think that someone is not as good as youthan you just because of the color of their skin or their supposed 'race'- if you judge people by their race, not by their actions- you are a racist.

I notice that the Kiwi who started this thread has abandoned it.

Racism is not restricted to any race or culture.

If you think that someone is not as good as youthan you just because of the color of their skin or their supposed 'race'- if you judge people by their race, not by their actions- you are a racist.

I notice that the Kiwi who started this thread has abandoned it.
Nonsense. Leftists believe only whites are racist. Toe the line.

I don't live in america but from what i see on american tv its as if white americans are still trying to make up for
slavery, but couldnt give a shit about the land stolen from Native Americans and the state of their people. African Americans were given their freedom in 1865, Native americans still don't have their land. Not one African American alive has ever been a slave, all Native Americans have had land stolen.
Since it is absurd to consider uprooting entire cities and move such cities to areas not completely conquered by the Europeans, the government has allowed tribal reservations to have their own law enforcement, courts, jails and schools plus casinos with less regulations than non-tribal casinos, so that they may bring in revenue to benefit the tribes.
As an Irishman with one full-blood Chippewa in my family ancestry, I do pay attention to what goes on in the area where my ancestor's clan resided (and actually still does). The past is the past and it is illogical to believe that the land can go back to the tribes. The Lahkota still occasionally try to get the courts to return the Black Hills area back to them and have never accepted the money offered, so the money remains in a trust. No nation is without its dark periods where slavery, cruelty and conquering occurred. All we can do in the 21st century as a people, is to work together to try and make a good nation.

'Native Americans' are just whiners; stop falling for the 1960's hippie fantasies about ' native Americans'. They are lucky they weren't totally exterminated, given the kind of atrocities they thought were fun, and they welshed on too many of their agreements to ever be taken seriously when playing the Victim Card. It's also hilarious stuff watching them posturing on TV trying to pass themselves off as 'big environmentalists n stuff' these days; truly funny stuff that. Bunch of lame ass con artists.

Forum List

Back