Afghan warlord: insurgents helped Democrats win U.S. mid-term elections

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:shocked1: I wonder if we'll be seeing the video??

By FISNIK ABRASHI

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - In a rare video message, Afghan insurgent leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar claims that American troops will be forced out of Afghanistan like the Soviets before them.

The leader of the Hezb-e-Islami militant group also touts the Republican Party defeat in last month's U.S. midterm elections as a victory for militants fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"It seems that every bullet that mujahedeen had fired toward the Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan has turned into a vote against Bush," Hekmatyar said in the undated video statement received by Associated Press Television in Pakistan.

"There is no doubt that is a great victory and success for Afghan and Iraqi mujahedeen," he said. "I am convinced that the fate Soviet Union faced is awaiting America as well."

The bespectacled and bearded Hekmatyar, who wore a neat black turban, speaks in an undisclosed location in front of a rattan backdrop. He is wrapped in a light grey shawl.

It was not clear where or when the three-minute video was made. But the reference to the mid-term elections, when the Republican Party of U.S. President George W. Bush lost control of the U.S. Senate and Congress to the Democrats, indicated it was recorded after Nov. 7.

Hezb-e-Islami is active in eastern Afghanistan along the Pakistan border where U.S. forces are deployed. Western security officials suspect Hekmatyar is hiding in the border area. This year has seen an escalation in the insurgency led by the former ruling Taliban.

"Very soon we will see that, God willing, American troops will leave Afghanistan and Iraq with their heads bowed down," Hekmatyar said in the video.

Hekmatyar was a leader of the mujahedeen that fought the Soviet occupation of the 1980s and was briefly Afghan prime minister during the civil war of the early 1990s that cost tens of thousands of lives.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/War_Terror/2006/12/12/2752967-ap.html

:shocked1: I wonder if we'll be seeing the video??

By FISNIK ABRASHI

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - In a rare video message, Afghan insurgent leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar claims that American troops will be forced out of Afghanistan like the Soviets before them.

The leader of the Hezb-e-Islami militant group also touts the Republican Party defeat in last month's U.S. midterm elections as a victory for militants fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"It seems that every bullet that mujahedeen had fired toward the Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan has turned into a vote against Bush," Hekmatyar said in the undated video statement received by Associated Press Television in Pakistan.

"There is no doubt that is a great victory and success for Afghan and Iraqi mujahedeen," he said. "I am convinced that the fate Soviet Union faced is awaiting America as well."

The bespectacled and bearded Hekmatyar, who wore a neat black turban, speaks in an undisclosed location in front of a rattan backdrop. He is wrapped in a light grey shawl.

It was not clear where or when the three-minute video was made. But the reference to the mid-term elections, when the Republican Party of U.S. President George W. Bush lost control of the U.S. Senate and Congress to the Democrats, indicated it was recorded after Nov. 7.

Hezb-e-Islami is active in eastern Afghanistan along the Pakistan border where U.S. forces are deployed. Western security officials suspect Hekmatyar is hiding in the border area. This year has seen an escalation in the insurgency led by the former ruling Taliban.

"Very soon we will see that, God willing, American troops will leave Afghanistan and Iraq with their heads bowed down," Hekmatyar said in the video.

Hekmatyar was a leader of the mujahedeen that fought the Soviet occupation of the 1980s and was briefly Afghan prime minister during the civil war of the early 1990s that cost tens of thousands of lives.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/War_Terror/2006/12/12/2752967-ap.html

Yes, every bullet fired by insurgants was a vote against Bush, just as every vote for Bush was a vote for more bullets to be fired by insurgants.

Yes, every bullet fired by insurgants was a vote against Bush, just as every vote for Bush was a vote for more bullets to be fired by insurgants.

do you understand what you posted?

do you understand what you posted?

Hekmatyar: "It seems that every bullet that mujahedeen had fired toward the Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan has turned into a vote against Bush,"

This is true. When thousands of U.S. soldiers are being killed, the insurgants' bullets are votes against Bush/his party.

At the same time, those voting for Bush/Republicans are voting to continue these wars for many years to come. Hence, they are voting for more bullets to be fired.

Hey Stephanie, I wasn't aware you took the word of terrorist thugs. When the same dude is telling you that the Americans murdered his family, are you gonna believe him then?

Oh, that's right, I forgot, the standard by which rightwingers judge people is fairly low. Basically, as long as you're not as bad as Saddam Hussein, you're alright.

Hey Stephanie, I wasn't aware you took the word of terrorist thugs. When the same dude is telling you that the Americans murdered his family, are you gonna believe him then?

Oh, that's right, I forgot, the standard by which rightwingers judge people is fairly low. Basically, as long as you're not as bad as Saddam Hussein, you're alright.

baby_tiger_surprised_face-1.jpg

Forum List

Back