Affordable care that isn’t affordable

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2_152015_b1-moor-pinocchio-b8201_c1-0-2934-1710_s561x327.jpg

Despite the president’s promises, health care costs are going up

Medicaid spending is up 23%!!! so far in 2015. And tens of thousands are facing the IRS over the program.

My personal feelings are that a whole lot of American voters who supported Obama and his Democrat toadies are going to be very sorry for doing so. And, they won't forget when 2016 comes.

Read story @ STEPHEN MOORE Affordable Care Act isn t affordable - Washington Times

More Obamacare victims noticing that they’re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. @ More Obamacare victims noticing that they re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. RedState

One stat''ement is about costs. This, to me would be a unit cost. Not overall.

You then say spending is up. That does not relate to costs.

If a flue epidemic hit, spending would go up. Regardless of the unit cost of treatment.

I don't see how this relates to affordability.

Medicaid spending is up 23%!!! so far in 2015. And tens of thousands are facing the IRS over the program.

My personal feelings are that a whole lot of American voters who supported Obama and his Democrat toadies are going to be very sorry for doing so. And, they won't forget when 2016 comes.

Read story @ STEPHEN MOORE Affordable Care Act isn t affordable - Washington Times

More Obamacare victims noticing that they’re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. @ More Obamacare victims noticing that they re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. RedState

Post something factual, not Right Wing Talking Points R Us.

What is not factual ?

I think these statements can easily be proved or disproved.

I take issue with equating spending to costs.

We can spend more, but be getting more value for the dollar.

Obamacare was supposed to help cost (like lower the cost of a procedure).

Obamacare can do nothing (and could not be expected to do anything) if 3 times as many people show up needing the procedure (that is spending).

Then please do.

I didn't call them RW talking points.

Here we go again.....

If you have evidence they are talking points and not factual....then please share it.

Otherwise, STHU.

The person who makes the initial claim is responsible for supporting it.

The fact that none of you can, and that you get defensive when asked, is telling.

Then please do.

Here we go again.....

If you have evidence they are talking points and not factual....then please share it.

Otherwise, STHU.

The fact that none of you can, and that you get defensive when asked, is telling.

Yes, I am sure you can support this claim.

By all means.

ObamaCare is just incredibly expensive catastrophic care insurance.

Add up the premiums, deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance, and it's insanely expensive.

Which is EXACTLY what I and many other economically literate people predicted.

Then please do.

Here we go again.....

Otherwise, STHU.

You're doing it for me every time you refuse to support your claim. Do it again.

Add up the premiums, deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance, and it's insanely expensive.

Nice screed. No evidence.

Then please do.

Here we go again.....

Otherwise, STHU.

You're doing it for me every time you refuse to support your claim. Do it again.

Nice screed. No evidence.

That is "none of you".....

I see.

In other news

-Geaux
-----------------
Obamacare Forces 2016 Insurance Premiums To Skyrocket

October 27, 2015– Insurance premiums across the country are about to skyrocket yet again thanks to President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare.

Former Tennessee Medical Association board member and current Emergency department director Dr. Omar Hamada says that he expects Obamacare will force insurance premiums to continue climbing for the foreseeable future.

I see no end in sight for increasing insurance costs as long as Obamacare is the law of the land. Since becoming law, Obamacare has forced costs to skyrocket every single year,” said Hamada. “In Tennessee, the Obamacare co-op is shutting down because costs were catastrophically high and insurance premiums will climb again in 2016.”

Hamada says that Tennessee’s 2016 insurance rate hike is one of the highest in the nation.

http://truthinmedia.com/obamacare-insurance-premiums-skyrocket/

Yeah it was so affordable before Obama Care. Health insurers effectively helped fight health care inflation for decades.

There was nothing in the act that would have made health care more affordable.
In fact if you had health care you saw your premiums go up before Obamacare went into effect.

Last edited:

Are you stating that RW talking points are all not factual ?

In other news

-Geaux
-----------------

October 27, 2015– Insurance premiums across the country are about to skyrocket yet again thanks to President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare.

Former Tennessee Medical Association board member and current Emergency department director Dr. Omar Hamada says that he expects Obamacare will force insurance premiums to continue climbing for the foreseeable future.

I see no end in sight for increasing insurance costs as long as Obamacare is the law of the land. Since becoming law, Obamacare has forced costs to skyrocket every single year,” said Hamada. “In Tennessee, the Obamacare co-op is shutting down because costs were catastrophically high and insurance premiums will climb again in 2016.”

Hamada says that Tennessee’s 2016 insurance rate hike is one of the highest in the nation.

In other news

-Geaux
-----------------

With all due respect, the numbers in this article mean nothing if they are not somehow compared with what would have been ex-Obamacare.

These increases look huge and don't make any sense to me.

I just don't take this as being meaningful.

We're back to the issue of primary sources again.

Here's your rationale:

Isaac Newton: States theory of gravity.

RW Source says: Newton's study says apples are possessed by demons.

Sun Devil: Stay away from apple trees - they're possessed!

Arianrhod: According to the primary source - i.e., Isaac Newton -

Sun Devil: Primary sources are B.S.!!!!

We're back to the issue of primary sources again.

Here's your rationale:

Isaac Newton: States theory of gravity.

RW Source says: Newton's study says apples are possessed by demons.

Sun Devil: Stay away from apple trees - they're possessed!

Arianrhod: According to the primary source - i.e., Isaac Newton -

Sun Devil: Primary sources are B.S.!!!!

So, the answer is that you won't answer.

Caught in your own little lie.

Keep trying.

Medicaid spending is up because millions of new people through Obamacare have found out they qualified for Medicaid or they were part of the states who expanded medicaid...and now qualified for it.

So an increase in Medicaid spending was and is expected.

Medicare spending, was suppose to go down with the reforms they made, which was to pay for the Medicaid going up.

Forum List

Back