Affordable care that isn’t affordable

I personally don't like these high deductibles that have become the norm.... it started at Matt's job about 4 years before Obamacare, where deductibles went way up....but like I said, his company puts money in an account for us to draw off of for medical deductibles....

These kind of plans with high deductibles, SAVES YOUR EMPLOYER a lot of money, even with them contributing to some of the deductible amount in an account for you....it is very advantageous for the employer NOT to have to pay the high costs of a plan with low deductibles for all employees.

The level of deductibles is something I'd like more discussion on. Very few people are going to hit a 6,000 deductible.

What I felt needed fixing was the cost of co-pays. It was just to easy for people to go into the doctor when junior had a cold and a visit was only 5 or 10 dollars. Putting it at 40 or 50 might cause people to think twice.

There is also an argument that you don't want to stop people from going to the doctor.

High deductibles don't change that...in fact, they make it worse when you are paying the full amount.

HSA's, which is what I think you are describing, are fantastic. These were supposed to be an accrual account as well as a running account.

The max is 6,000 plus what your employer put's in. Many people have 6,000 deductible policies. No accrual if you hit it.

I think they should raise the cap to 12,000. That way you can put money away for later.
Yes, HSA's are a good way to handle high deductibles...
But this whole deductible thing is worth a discussion on...

Hard to find a middle, where deductibles are high enough to give resistance to going to the doctor all the time and low enough that it doesn't stop people from going to the doctor when they really should.

And I am not certain that Doctor copays should necessarily go up...especially since we are paying a lot in monthly premiums as well, we should get something out of it without having to dig deep in to our pockets again??? All the tests the doctors prescribe will hit the deductibles...

2_152015_b1-moor-pinocchio-b8201_c1-0-2934-1710_s561x327.jpg

Despite the president’s promises, health care costs are going up

Medicaid spending is up 23%!!! so far in 2015. And tens of thousands are facing the IRS over the program.

My personal feelings are that a whole lot of American voters who supported Obama and his Democrat toadies are going to be very sorry for doing so. And, they won't forget when 2016 comes.

Read story @ STEPHEN MOORE Affordable Care Act isn t affordable - Washington Times

More Obamacare victims noticing that they’re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. @ More Obamacare victims noticing that they re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. RedState

15 million using the ACA say you are nuts.

I personally don't like these high deductibles that have become the norm.... it started at Matt's job about 4 years before Obamacare, where deductibles went way up....but like I said, his company puts money in an account for us to draw off of for medical deductibles....

These kind of plans with high deductibles, SAVES YOUR EMPLOYER a lot of money, even with them contributing to some of the deductible amount in an account for you....it is very advantageous for the employer NOT to have to pay the high costs of a plan with low deductibles for all employees.

The level of deductibles is something I'd like more discussion on. Very few people are going to hit a 6,000 deductible.

What I felt needed fixing was the cost of co-pays. It was just to easy for people to go into the doctor when junior had a cold and a visit was only 5 or 10 dollars. Putting it at 40 or 50 might cause people to think twice.

There is also an argument that you don't want to stop people from going to the doctor.

High deductibles don't change that...in fact, they make it worse when you are paying the full amount.

HSA's, which is what I think you are describing, are fantastic. These were supposed to be an accrual account as well as a running account.

The max is 6,000 plus what your employer put's in. Many people have 6,000 deductible policies. No accrual if you hit it.

I think they should raise the cap to 12,000. That way you can put money away for later.
Yes, HSA's are a good way to handle high deductibles...
But this whole deductible thing is worth a discussion on...

Hard to find a middle, where deductibles are high enough to give resistance to going to the doctor all the time and low enough that it doesn't stop people from going to the doctor when they really should.

And I am not certain that Doctor copays should necessarily go up...especially since we are paying a lot in monthly premiums as well, we should get something out of it without having to dig deep in to our pockets again??? All the tests the doctors prescribe will hit the deductibles...

Agreed, it is worth discussing.

My perspective comes from having had good employer supplied health insurance for my entire life. I had a child in the hospital for nine days as the result of an accident. My total cost.....$50. I knew we had a great plan and that my company was treating me wonderfully.

I just had to wonder if we would have gone to the doctor as much if it were a little more expensive.

In today's environment, I would have to reconsider.

The idea of health care being so costly, people can't get it....is pretty repulsive.

Medicaid spending is up 23%!!! so far in 2015. And tens of thousands are facing the IRS over the program.

My personal feelings are that a whole lot of American voters who supported Obama and his Democrat toadies are going to be very sorry for doing so. And, they won't forget when 2016 comes.

Read story @ STEPHEN MOORE Affordable Care Act isn t affordable - Washington Times

More Obamacare victims noticing that they’re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. @ More Obamacare victims noticing that they re gonna be on the hook to the IRS. RedState

You either have data or you don't.

15 million people buying insurance because of Obamacare means nothing with regards to cost.

Lots of people were buying it before and it was expensive then.

Try again.

I had Exempla,I would keep them, but I can't afford them. Wasn't this ALL about affordability? Why can't they all be comparable? It's a game, and Obama and you know it. What is up all the with games? Something screwy going here.If something cost x amount, then goddamit, charge that amount, stop playing games. Be reasonable for Christsake.

Your beef is with the insurers. Eliminate them via single-payer; problem solved. In the meantime, you need to comparison shop.

Again, go here:

Subsidy Calculator Widget

Then go to the exchange(s).

I had Exempla,I would keep them, but I can't afford them. Wasn't this ALL about affordability? Why can't they all be comparable? It's a game, and Obama and you know it. What is up all the with games? Something screwy going here.If something cost x amount, then goddamit, charge that amount, stop playing games. Be reasonable for Christsake.

Your beef is with the insurers. Eliminate them via single-payer; problem solved. In the meantime, you need to comparison shop.

Single payer isn't going to happen. In the meantime, ACA forces us to take whatever bullshit the insurers dish out.

Single payer isn't going to happen. In the meantime, ACA forces us to take whatever bullshit the insurers dish out.

If you believe the latter, you should support the former.

If you believe the latter, you should support the former.

ACA is designed, from the ground up, to prevent single payer. The idea that it "leads to" single payer is at best willful delusion, at worst a cruel lie.

Agreed.

We had a "few" options before.

We have less now and they seem to cost more.

You don't put more people on the program without more costs. Especially when they are subsidized.

You can no doubt find a bunch of sources that claim this without any substantiation.

And, as usual, when you ask for backups and sources - AND GET THEM - you revert to your ignorant responses. I have no idea why everybody doesn't put you on Ignore - just as I am doing after posting this.

You don't put more people on the program without more costs. Especially when they are subsidized.

You can no doubt find a bunch of sources that claim this without any substantiation.

And, as usual, when you ask for backups and sources - AND GET THEM -

When I get original sources, I accept them. When I get "Hey, here's this blog I found that claims this is true and that's good enough for me," I reject it.

Safer for people who don't understand the difference to put me on Ignore. Better for me because I don't have to steer around your nonsense.

And, as usual, when you ask for backups and sources - AND GET THEM - you revert to your ignorant responses. I have no idea why everybody doesn't put you on Ignore - just as I am doing after posting this.

It's the usual game of smoke and mirrors with that one.

Presented with all kinds of information...all I saw was "I have primary sources and you don't (even when it had no sources).

So I beat you to the ignore button.

It's the usual game of smoke and mirrors with that one.

Presented with all kinds of information...all I saw was "I have primary sources and you don't (even when it had no sources).

So I beat you to the ignore button.

Thank you. There's no better admission that you can't supply primary sources.

Of those 15 mill how many actually paid for it or wont be paying for it at all?

If the 15 million vote, you got problems. Wait, you got Trump, so you already have problems!

If the 15 million vote, you got problems. Wait, you got Trump, so you already have problems!

15 million is about the number Barry added to Medicaid!

You didnt answer the question.

You didnt answer the question.

You look it up, Sherlock.

Forum List

Back