• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters

Friends

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2012
Are you in favor of affirmative action, or opposed to it? Please explain your answer.

Whites had AA for 350 years. White women are the biggest beneficiaries of the current system of AA. The little AA Blacks do get helps one more Black family climb out of the mess created by white racism. What they need to do is change it so Blacks get the same system of AA whites had for 350 years. We wont need all 350 years to excel but fair is fair.

Affirmative Action doesn't help anyone. It discriminates against one, and lowers the bar instead of rewards hard work for the other.

Affirmative Action doesn't help anyone. It discriminates against one, and lowers the bar instead of rewards hard work for the other.
Thats what Black people were saying for 350 years. Why didnt you take that same stance when white people were enjoying AA?
I did.
Why didnt you stop it? Better yet do you support the idea of reparations?

You got your reparations already. We gave you Obamaphones with cheap batteries.

Affirmative Action is racism at its pinnacle of prejudice. It is totally a discrimination policy.

Affirmative action is by definition, in every way, racist.
I support "equal opportunity action"...no one is prejudiced against, everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed or be a jackass. Just don't expect the same result.

No.

Employment, admissions, etc. should be entirely merit-based and have nothing to do with your skin color. It's insulting to qualified applicants to admit them only because they help meet some quota instead of their being the best applicant.

Thats what Black people were saying for 350 years. Why didnt you take that same stance when white people were enjoying AA?
I did.

While I don't support affirimitive action, I do support reparations. Until we pay what we owe it's an open wound that'll never heal.

I did.

While I don't support affirimitive action, I do support reparations. Until we pay what we owe it's an open wound that'll never heal.

I used to feel that reparations were in order for those who lived under legalized segregation. However, the election of a completely unqualified nincompoop as President, solely because of his race, has caused me to reconsider this position. In addition to the trillions of dollars we have already spent on government programs which disproportionately benefit our Black population, his Presidency has added new burdens on the United States which will haunt us for decades, if not permanently. Will payments for our past sins ever be enough?

I did.

I am opposed to reparations. I think it would be more just for blacks to be required to pay for the benefits of living in a civilization far superior to anything they have been able to create on their own.

It takes intelligence to run a civilization. Black majority countries are places where nothing is done well.

In the short run affirmative action helps blacks because it enables them to get better paying jobs than they could get on the basis of merit alone.

In the long run however, affirmative action provides graphic evidence to whites and Asians that blacks really are members of an inferior race. This arouses resentment, because we think of white and Asian friends who deserve to get the positions where blacks are obviously unable to perform adequately.

I did.

Whites have already paid more than they've benefited. American blacks have the highest standard of living of any black populations on this planet.

American society is paying about a 5% tax on GDP to deal with all of the AA and other racial spoils systems in place which lower economic efficiency.

Never mind all of the a.) white soldiers killed and maimed to free blacks and b.) all of the victims of black crime and violence, both physical victims and economic victims, such as those who've had property values erased once blacks moved into their neighborhoods, had insurance premiums spike to address the expense of black property crime, or those who've had to pay so dearly to buy homes in neighborhoods with a low, or non-existent, black presence so that their children can receive a safe and high quality education.

Affirmative action is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in the history of the universe. The only racism left in america and all liberals support it.

[

I am opposed to reparations. I think it would be more just for blacks to be required to pay for the benefits of living in a civilization far superior to anything they have been able to create on their own.

It takes intelligence to run a civilization. Black majority countries are places where nothing is done well.

Yes indeed. Whites have done far far far more for blacks than blacks for whites. Even the black slaves of america 200 years ago had a far better life than they would have had in africa. Blacks cannot get beyond the stone age. If anything, blacks should give reparations to whites.

Forum List

Back