Advice from Charles Evan Hughes, Chief Justice

"Justice Douglas, you must remember one thing, at the constitutional level where we work, 90% of any decision is emotional. The rational part of us supplies the reasons for supporting our predilections"

The Court Years (1939 - 1975) The Autobiography of William O. Douglas, pg 8

Charles Evans Hughes - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
That comment could be misconstrued, as it is taken out of all context.

two interesting articles written by Jeffrey Rosen - Jeffrey Rosen - National Constitution Center

Judicial Exposure

POTUS v. SCOTUS

"Justice Douglas, you must remember one thing, at the constitutional level where we work, 90% of any decision is emotional. The rational part of us supplies the reasons for supporting our predilections"

Great system huh?

A branch of government that is supposed to be put in their position to be non-partisan, but which has become so partisan it's ridiculous.

Great system huh?

A branch of government that is supposed to be put in their position to be non-partisan, but which has become so partisan it's ridiculous.
you appear to be totally confused. could you point to credible sources that support your nonsense?

• Banned

two interesting articles written by Jeffrey Rosen - Jeffrey Rosen - National Constitution Center

Judicial Exposure

POTUS v. SCOTUS

I'm watching the Giants Cubs ball game, and only saw your post a moment ago. Judicial Exposure is a book I'd like to read, I'll check and see if our library has a Copy.

Judicial Exposure

POTUS v. SCOTUS

I'm watching the Giants Cubs ball game, and only saw your post a moment ago. Judicial Exposure is a book I'd like to read, I'll check and see if our library has a Copy.
Who won?

Judicial Exposure

POTUS v. SCOTUS

I have been doing a bit of research for quite some time now. I'd recommend reading it. I have studied colonial America and the British and English influences. Hope to share some things at a later point here. First I need to find more like minded people who can adsorb truth without getting partisan and ideologically nasty

• Banned

Judicial Exposure

POTUS v. SCOTUS

I have been doing a bit of research for quite some time now. I'd recommend reading it. I have studied colonial America and the British and English influences. Hope to share some things at a later point here. First I need to find more like minded people who can adsorb truth without getting partisan and ideologically nasty

Tthis may be the wrong place, if you find one clue me in, please.

Forum List

Back